Devils Vs Giants - 19+20 Jan 19 - League

jimmy snels

yeah officials were really good. only called what was absolutely necessary. only call id have said could have been made was the boarding of mosey which another night could have been 5+ game! i thought he could see those numbers a long time so i was kinda expecting a crowd but we're rarely a team for that which still frustrates me but maybe im a bit old school :rolleyes:.

in all a well officiated game

What a night all round! Atmosphere, game, and full bar afterwards so nice bit of extra revenue generated. Great crowd warm up, and nice to hear the player chants start to be played. The more these are after goals, big hits etc the sooner everyone will catch on. Well done all.

Gazza272

I still think Icetime is one of the best in the league in terms of camera work and neutral commentary. (Look at MKs cameras and Belfast ridiculous screaming when Giants score.) However the last couple of weeks they have been having some serious technical problems which really concerns me. Both games I have missed most of the introduction. This time it was solved just 2 minutes before the game started. My concern is that if this continues it is only matter of time before we miss some of the match. To miss any of a match like that would have been a crying shame.
Last week we started late due to the webcast team having to build the match night system, due to Sully's illness. So the usual tech guys who would be pressing the webcast buttons, were ensuring the intro was ready to go, and that Todd had a mic etc. It was a unique situation in that regard.

Yesterday, sadly was due to demand, too many people tried to log in too close to the game, we do try and ask that people buy in advance, but understandably the nature of the beast is that people will just log in closer to face off time. So the server took a bit of a hit that would have sadly had a bit of a knock on effect.

The frustrating thign is with these things, is that many times, many viewers are watching without issue, in which case, to all intents and purposes the stream is working. Becuase if it gets to one viewer perfectly, its doing its job. Now I also appreciate, that means absolultely nothing to the person who is experiencing issues, but what it means is, is that the team, which insn't very big, then has to try and diagnose the problem for each individual user which takes time, and for that we apologise.

Make no mistake though, the team would have been working around the clock since yesterday to ensure today goes without a hitch. and I'm sure I speak for the rest of Icetime when we thank you for your support this year, we don't want anybody to not have a perfect viewing experience.

I still think Icetime is one of the best in the league in terms of camera work and neutral commentary. (Look at MKs cameras and Belfast ridiculous screaming when Giants score.) However the last couple of weeks they have been having some serious technical problems which really concerns me. Both games I have missed most of the introduction. This time it was solved just 2 minutes before the game started. My concern is that if this continues it is only matter of time before we miss some of the match. To miss any of a match like that would have been a crying shame.
Hope there are no issues with the webcast tonight its happened now for the past 2 weeks

tim78

The referring definitely allowed the game to flow and add to the intensity, though the wrestling move on a Dev's player was letting it go a bit to much but I'm sure there was one which went back the other way a few moments later. The Mosey check I'd expect a review as his head was down and near the boards and the check was to the back of the player.

Not a bad results and without Haddad and Drew didn't Ice.

mjh

Not bothered that the second was given last night. Made for an exciting game. We’re whooping them already this evening. 3peat here we come!

wow....just wow ......Giants on top for 15 minutes (ish) of that period.....then in 72 seconds Devils sends the arena in raptures and disbelief and produce three goals all brilliantly taken.

mjh

I’d like to retract my previous post regarding the “3 peat” and apologise to my fellow supporters for jinxing us. Will I never learn! Especially after the “processional” debacle earlier this year. Doh!

Wannabe2

What a weekend you beauties, are Giants good, they sure are, are they tough, they sure are, are they full of talent, they sure are. In fact they are certainly a very good second placed team, not up to our standard, but a very good second placed team.
Happy Hockey Days