Devils Vs Giants - 19+20 Jan 19 - League

kingmo19.1

Giants looked great for first 15 minutes then we took over.

Great game, great result.

Only one gripe - why go back to the shite music after all the good tunes we had v Panthers!

mjh

Best game I’ve been to I think. Really exciting every period and Belfast looked strong. Unfortunately for them we were stronger. Thought the whole team were great but Mo stood out for me. Like a terrier on speed. Good atmosphere too.

Wannabe2

Giants looked great for first 15 minutes then we took over.

Great game, great result.

Only one gripe - why go back to the shite music after all the good tunes we had v Panthers!
That’s so sad, we just won one of the most important games this season, and you gripe about the music, untrue.

august04

Linglet may get most of the headlines these days but bloody hell, Joey Martin was brilliant tonight. Myers too, was terrific, especially in the third period. A great game between two top teams played in a fantastic atmosphere - and a vital win. Same again tomorrow please!

Hedd Wyn John

Giants came out all guns blazing in P1 & they looked the stronger but the Devils came back into and were dominant in P2 & looked stronger in P3. Keep it up boys! Roll on tomorrow.

august04

I thoroughly enjoyed the game but was a little disappointed that the scoreboard from last week wasn’t used again. Is that allowed?!

Diablo3

I'll take two points after a game like that any day of the week. To a man the guys were first class (I also called Ulmer for MOM but Bownsy pulled off some brilliant saves. In reality it could have been any of them). They also know they can beat the Giants now, so roll on tomorrow.

Rich Best

I am so glad that the players that a number of people on here wanted gassed a couple of months ago are playing so well now. A few people with egg on their faces...

RedDevil17

Very good performance from the devils tonight. Reddick looked defensively suspect at times but he did fairly well overall. Myers was an absolute workhorse all night, for me my unsung hero. Joey Martin was phenomenal with his stick handling (god like) as was Bowns and Ulmer. Good to see us get stuck in as well. How that hit from Bain was only 2 minutes I’ll never know, should’ve been more than that for me because he went head first into the board and Mosey was injured. 2+10 for me at a minimum. Felt our legs went in the 3rd but we held on only just but the important thing was we got the win! Best game of the season and one of the best performances so far by a mile this season. Shot blocking and penalty killing by Myers and Mo was superb.

Only criticism I have is that we have to bury more chances. That’s been our weakness all year. We had a few chances which weren’t even on target from close range. If we play like we did tonight tomorrow night then we’ll beat Belfast. It’s a must win for them tomorrow otherwise it’ll be very tough for them to win the league....oh and we slayed the giants tonight! Brilliant atmosphere and brilliant performance, more of the same tomorrow please! Does anyone know what happened to Schiestel?

Last edited:

bdevil

Very good performance from the devils tonight. Reddick looked defensively suspect at times but he did fairly well overall. Myers was an absolute workhorse all night, for me my unsung hero. Joey Martin was phenomenal with his stick handling (god like) as was Bowns and Ulmer. Good to see us get stuck in as well. How that hit from Bain was only 2 minutes I’ll never know, should’ve been more than that for me because he went head first into the board and Mosey was injured. 2+10 for me at a minimum. Felt our legs went in the 3rd but we held on only just but the important thing was we got the win! Best game of the season and one of the best performances so far by a mile this season. Shot blocking and penalty killing by Myers and Mo was superb.

Only criticism I have is that we have to bury more chances. That’s been our weakness all year. We had a few chances which weren’t even on target from close range. If we play like we did tonight tomorrow night then we’ll beat Belfast. It’s a must win for them tomorrow otherwise it’ll be very tough for them to win the league....oh and we slayed the giants tonight! Brilliant atmosphere and brilliant performance, more of the same tomorrow please! Does anyone know what happened to Schiestel?
I thought Reddick was solid all night, I’d say out of all d men looked the least defensively suspect. Funny how things are seen differently.
Completely agree with the point about burying chances however Beskorowany is probably the best goalie in the league atm and did pull off some worldie saves.
I think Schiestel must have been injured in the warm up because he was out there for the warm up and was on the game sheet because Todd read out his name at the start of the game..

Devils86

Songs and the scoreboard are subjective - I personally thought this week it was back to its best.

As for Drew was it definitely Mosey that was boarded for the “late hit” ? Given they are 22 and 23 I sometimes think one is the other at a distance.