Devils Vs Giants - 18 Dec 19 - CC 1/4 final

Kevin roog

I criticised benti. Masi. Linglet and Riley a month ago and the boring style of play . It’s been better lately apart from Nottingham. But I still wouldn’t have them 4 back next season. Riley will prove me wrong I’m sure though

jimmy snels

I didn't agree we had to gas players to be competitive and I had belief (earned belief) in the management team. Is that so hard for you to understand. I think you are missing the point. We were all frustrated with performances a couple of months ago.

You and others are stepping back from the fact you communicated that players should be gassed. They weren't gassed and we are now playing very well.

i wont step back from anything. I've been clear I would swap a D for a scorer due to our lack of goals from our forwards. carrying a spare D whilst carrying underperforming forwards makes no sense to me but thats my opinion, a view shared by the majority of fans ive spoken to may i add. If mosey is anywhere close to fitness id release a Dman and a forward to bring in a front line, top draw scorer that could win us the league provided a high end player were to become available.
The fact we brought in the much needed Morrison but decided to keep the spare rather than gas a player who was underperforming doesnt justify in any way your point. its just a luxury on the wage bill the club are willing to absorb AT THIS TIME. there's no way on this planet players weren't given a performance warning a few weeks back with various players left out whilst fit and those chosen obviously playing their worst hockey for us.

Charles linglet 4 goals in 36 games
Benti 4 goals 31 games
masi 4 goals 34 games

those are worrying numbers, especially for the first two who play top line minutes and power plays (until recently)

Rich Best

I think quite a few people doubted the recruitment including myself at times but I should have had more faith. It took me a while to see what Lord saw in McMonagle and Jardine. Its just the last few games that I have started to appreciate Jardine but Mcmonagle has really has been playing great for quite a while now. He has become a pivotal player particularly on the powerplay.
I think the defence took a lot of stick for the losses but the forwards were often not supporting them. What we saw again and again in the Belfast game was the D man taking the body and the forwards picking up the puck. It was a cracking defensive performance by the whole team.
I think a lot of the criticism in the bad patch was fair but like Rich I too thought some comments were over the top. It can't be nice for a player reading a forum to see fans calling for him to be sacked. We don't know what is going on in that players life.
In the 30 years I have followed hockey I have seen players form drop for so many reasons , (injuries, mental health problems, addictions, marital problems etc). So I try to remember that they are fallible human beings like us. Therefore I try to criticise the team or the players performance rather than attack the individual personally or ask for him to be sacked.
Agree 100%. And I also had my doubts about Jardine and McMonagle but preferred not to air them on a public forum. They have both proved me wrong, and justified what the management team saw in them.

I am sure Linglet will come good, he is a match winner. Pope was average before Xmas in his first year then pretty much won us the league scoring in about 15 games in a row towards the business end of the season.

I wasn't sure we should re-sign Haddad this year as much as I love the guy. And I read plenty of comments about him. How wrong can we sometimes be! Form is temporary, class is permanent.

BostonBart22

i wont step back from anything. I've been clear I would swap a D for a scorer due to our lack of goals from our forwards. carrying a spare D whilst carrying underperforming forwards makes no sense to me but thats my opinion, a view shared by the majority of fans ive spoken to may i add. If mosey is anywhere close to fitness id release a Dman and a forward to bring in a front line, top draw scorer that could win us the league provided a high end player were to become available.
The fact we brought in the much needed Morrison but decided to keep the spare rather than gas a player who was underperforming doesnt justify in any way your point. its just a luxury on the wage bill the club are willing to absorb AT THIS TIME. there's no way on this planet players weren't given a performance warning a few weeks back with various players left out whilst fit and those chosen obviously playing their worst hockey for us.

Charles linglet 4 goals in 36 games
Benti 4 goals 31 games
masi 4 goals 34 games

those are worrying numbers, especially for the first two who play top line minutes and power plays (until recently)
If and when mosey returns he could be used as a forward especially with his speed..