Devils Vs Giants - 18 Dec 19 - CC 1/4 final

Cardiff played smart, they didn't need to play well. Belfast didn't turn up. That has to be the most undisciplined, worst performances that they could have pulled off.

Majamarki was very impressive tonight. Cardiff played physical and made Belfast look like kids.

Mooney#16

Devils have really learnt the hard way how to play winning hockey this year but that was the pinnacle of an upward trend since the the double header. Went to the dirty areas of the game. Fronted up physically in both ends of the ice, won the individual battles and executed their plays with skill. Huge congratulations in how they have reacted since the double header. Shutting out Belfast across both legs is quite some effort.

jenks33

And all is right with the world again.

Great performance. To be honest I wasn’t particularly looking forward to tonight after our performance v Nottingham and Belfast’s win against Glasgow, how wrong I was though.

Huge pluses for us tonight were Bentivoglio and Marjamaki. Arguably their best performances of the season. If we can get Linglet going we’ll be tough to stop.

Slartibartfast

Yes Marjamaki was back to his best crash bang self and Benti was getting right under their skin. All the lines were working. Defensively brilliant and some well worked goals. As for Josh Batch, the Queen should give him a knighthood.
No two players deserved their points more than Duggan and Batch on that second goal.

Wannabe2

Just goes to show when all our guys show up, we are one bloody good team. We RIPPED those guys apart tonight, 2 shut outs in our last 2 encounters against the pretenders, well played lads you were certainly on fire tonight, and we bloody loved it.

mjh

Really enjoyed the game. Killed it off quite quickly and were in control throughout. Good to see Duggan making progress, he's one to keep hold of. As for the others, Dixon was my MOM and I thought Pope played well. The D were rock solid and disciplined. Good to see Lou taking on Pelech. I wonder if Bobby Farnham does children's parties. He's the perfect clown!

Diablo3

Great performance from the guys tonight. Loved the passion shown by Duggan is his celly. Loads of quality all over the ice. We could have had several "Men of the Match" Should make for an interesting game in the SSE on Saturday. More of the same please.

august04

Quite a few people gonna be sharing that humble pie with you come the end of the season me thinks! We have such depth in this team.
It’s not a question of eating humble pie, don’t be ridiculous. The Devils were rightly criticised a month or two ago, because they were consistently underperforming and not competing, all over the ice. Not criticised just by people on here, by their own coach too. And credit to the club, they recognised the defensive frailties that were effecting everything and brought in Morrissonn. That was huge. And we immediately looked so much more secure at the back end, stopped giving up soft goals through defensive lapses and started winning games again and playing much more solidly. That’s continued and we’re playing consistently well now, with a physical, hard nosed edge that we hadn’t seen until a few weeks ago. So the criticism was justified, necessary and may have just helped give the wake up call to everyone to bring the needed changes, which has resulted in this spell of great form. Long may it continue too. But let’s not pretend everything was hunky dory because it wasn’t - change was needed, it happened and we’ve improved no end as a result. A great achievement shutting out the Giants twice in these CC games, hoping we can do the same again in Belfast on the weeeknd.

doron

that was a cracking game. Belfast was run ragged, good performance all-round, nice physical and tactical play by the devils. and we still had time, to wave at players going down the tunnel.

Cardiff played smart, they didn't need to play well. Belfast didn't turn up. That has to be the most undisciplined, worst performances that they could have pulled off.
Maybe they ‘didn’t turn up’ because we played well and didn’t let them turn up? Maybe they were undisciplined because we got under their skin and, as you say, played smart? This is all credit to the Devils and their game plan. I actually thought we played excellently and just didn’t allow Belfast to get in the game.

Rich Best

It’s not a question of eating humble pie, don’t be ridiculous. The Devils were rightly criticised a month or two ago, because they were consistently underperforming and not competing, all over the ice. Not criticised just by people on here, by their own coach too. And credit to the club, they recognised the defensive frailties that were effecting everything and brought in Morrissonn. That was huge. And we immediately looked so much more secure at the back end, stopped giving up soft goals through defensive lapses and started winning games again and playing much more solidly. That’s continued and we’re playing consistently well now, with a physical, hard nosed edge that we hadn’t seen until a few weeks ago. So the criticism was justified, necessary and may have just helped give the wake up call to everyone to bring the needed changes, which has resulted in this spell of great form. Long may it continue too. But let’s not pretend everything was hunky dory because it wasn’t - change was needed, it happened and we’ve improved no end as a result. A great achievement shutting out the Giants twice in these CC games, hoping we can do the same again in Belfast on the weeeknd.
There is no way change happened 'because of' comments on this forum. And I think people should have more faith instead of over reacting when form is lower than our usual very high standards. People show disrespect and lack of faith in our management team, that is the bit I can never understand...