Devils Vs Giants - 11 Nov 18 - League

august04

It’s the complete turnaround from looking like the best team we’ve ever had to that shambles we saw on the weekend that is truly baffling. And it’s not just been that one game, that’s 4 consecutive home defeats. I’ve seen it happen to teams before a few times over the years and it is sometimes due to behind the scenes stuff going on, like players not being paid etc. Thankfully, those dodgy owner days are long gone, so I’m struggling to come up with an explanation for such a dramatic decline. Hopefully, with an addition or two, a positive turnaround can be just as quick.

Last edited:
It’s the complete turnaround from looking like the best team we’ve ever had to that shambles we saw on the weekend that is truly baffling. And it’s not just been that one game, that’s 4 consecutive home defeats. I’ve seen it happen to teams before a few times over the years and it is sometimes due to behind the scenes stuff going on, like players not being paid etc. Thankfully, those dodgy owner days are long gone, so I’m struggling to come up with an explanation for such a dramatic decline. Hopefully, with an addition or two, a positive turnaround can be just as quick.
That was my worry but I don’t think the owners nor the coach/manager are any issue these days. They are proper so cuts down the blame for the awful performances.

Slartibartfast

Yes its certainly not the owners or coach. They both treat the players very well. Lordo is the most loyal coach in the league.
Other things that I have seen cause a dip in previous years are
1. a bad egg in the changing room
2. personality clashes between players (remember Frank punching Pope on the ice)
3. fall outs (e.g. over women)
4. several players carrying injuries or being ill.

We will probably never know what it is but Im sure they will sort it out. Its hell of a job trying to run a hockey club and as dismayed as I am with the recent performance I am glad we have the Management and Coach that we do.