Devils Vs Giants - 11 Nov 18 - League

kettdevil1

Yup, bemoaning a sportsman's performance is the same as bullying.

*facepalm*
I would suggest that tagging someone into a Tweet where you are talking about how bad you think they are is definitely a form of bullying... but criticising Player X on a forum for being out of position for the third goal or bemoaning the fact that they failed to backcheck is a separate issue and completely legitimate....

august04

I think referencing bullying in the same breath as people commenting on the performance of players/teams on a forum is not right. That’s a convenient smokescreen from criticism of an appalling Devils performance. That’s not bullying and frankly deflects from the serious problem and scourge that bullying has become in society. There’s a huge difference between the majority of what is posted on here and directly attacking and abusing players/families on social media (or wherever else), which is totally unacceptable. Let’s not confuse the two.

Last edited:

Slartibartfast

Was there no post match interview with Lordo. ? Don't blame him if he chose not to do one. That would be one tough interview.
But in the past he usually does one even if we have played a stinker.
Maybe he will do one in a couple of days when the emotions have settled. That can't have been easy for him.

august04

Was there no post match interview with Lordo. ? Don't blame him if he chose not to do one. That would be one tough interview.
Maybe he will do one in a couple of days when the emotions have settled. That can't have been easy for him.
Here you go...credit to Lord, he never ducks an interview.

Game “highlights” here...

Here you go

He's done an interview

rolf

Sorry but if this quote (or paraphrase) is from the coach then I am worried seriously now

He talked about how 5D was OK due to the typical longer shifts than forwards and the nature of the role

Our D are currently rushing the net and making and taking scoring chances or they were when we were winning. That is a lot of ice to cover and leaves the forwards to fill the gaps created. This is likely why Bentivoglio and others give up the dumb-ass penalties, because they are forced into an alien defensive role. Look at us right now. Fournier, Reddick and Blood, when here, all v offensive players. Ritchie and Batch are also ex wingers and prone to jump in. Who exactly is at home minding the shop? If Parisi and Marv were here I could ask the same question..

We have been well and truly rumbled and need to find a plan B and bloody quickly too. Also if I were a forward I may just become a tad disheartened at the dual role expected. Throw into the mix that some of the wives are (alledgedly) not exactly getting on with some of the others and it all adds up to a stinking pot of pish that coach Lord may need to deal with. I certainly would not be fully motivated with all this happening.

Devils86

Sorry but if this quote (or paraphrase) is from the coach then I am worried seriously now

He talked about how 5D was OK due to the typical longer shifts than forwards and the nature of the role

Our D are currently rushing the net and making and taking scoring chances or they were when we were winning. That is a lot of ice to cover and leaves the forwards to fill the gaps created. This is likely why Bentivoglio and others give up the dumb-ass penalties, because they are forced into an alien defensive role. Look at us right now. Fournier, Reddick and Blood, when here, all v offensive players. Ritchie and Batch are also ex wingers and prone to jump in. Who exactly is at home minding the shop? If Parisi and Marv were here I could ask the same question..

We have been well and truly rumbled and need to find a plan B and bloody quickly too. Also if I were a forward I may just become a tad disheartened at the dual role expected. Throw into the mix that some of the wives are (alledgedly) not exactly getting on with some of the others and it all adds up to a stinking pot of pish that coach Lord may need to deal with. I certainly would not be fully motivated with all this happening.
No offence but TK seemed to base his position on knowledge of other leagues and how speed has affected our league. It was a reasoned point on the days of traditional stay at home D man being gone.

Your points are well made though and I agree with them - just not sure TK has been fully quoted (not that the original poster was saying that he/she was quoting fully).

As for the forward point - I’m sure Lordo knows how to handle his forwards. For the wives - seems a bit like grasping at straws for a story to me...sometimes people fall out, sometimes they only get rumoured to fall out - in either event it shouldn’t affect professional sports performance.

For me it’s just noise as a result of a few losses. But that’s just my opinion.

Mazzoak

We lost 8-0. It’s pretty obvious our defence wasn’t present, our forwards lacking and the Nettie had a poor game. We don’t need to bang on about players performance with a score line like that. I’m pretty sure their not happy about it themselves. Put yourself in their shoes would you be happy being criticised by people who have never done your job, yet have all the answers.
If we are fans, get behind the team, support them, not bemoan them.

pjj365

Todd is the GM and he used examples to illustrate why D take longer shifts (logical if you think 4 lines but the typical 6 D). He used NHL as an example where ice time for D is greater than forwards. He did not say 5D was good.

Gazza272

Fair play to him, he has never ducked an Interview in all our time doing interviews on Icetime. Always a top professional towards us and wears his emotions on his sleeve.

He's the reason I have limited concerns about our current form, he is the guy to put it right.

Wannabe2

We are obviously in a rut at the moment, what it’s all about who knows,but we have gone from a confident team playing like a dream, to a team that don’t even look right, and playing like a Nightmare. Good teams don’t become bad overnight, and we are one good team, fortunately we have the infrastructure and coach to get back on track, I have learnt never to underestimate our Management and our Coach as they certainly will sort this. For a number of years now our Leaders have given us a hell of a lot to be happy about, and that isn’t about to disappear due to the last few weeks, myself I would like to see one new face, a tough stay at home D Man, and ideally Faryna back. Let’s all get behind our lads Saturday, in their hour of need they need us,as much as we need them to turn up, our great club has only ever been great when we have all stuck together, so let’s get this Army back Marching forward again, that’s what we all want to see let’s start this thing Saturday please.

Ocko

I’m probably in the minority but I don’t think it’s a stay at home D man we need. I think it’s a D man who can play the puck, like Hotham. We are very light on points from D, which is important now. We have one D man in Fournier who will probably go the season just below a point a game, which is great, but no one else will go anywhere near that. We need another player to support him. At the moment that player is Reddick, who is also playing PP, but I think he would benefit from the pressure being taken off. I actually think he’s playing well, but he could probably do with not being our number 2 offensive D man long term.

We have big problems with our outlet pass and leaving the zone. The forwards are on scraps at the moment. We need a calm, puck playing D men who can get our breakout going. Our biggest problem in all our recent games was getting out of the zone and transitioning to the O zone. Fournier skates like the wind but doesn’t have the passing range, neither do any other D men, so it’s rendering our forwards a bit useless through the neutral zone, unless they take the puck themselves from deep.

Devils86

I’m probably in the minority but I don’t think it’s a stay at home D man we need. I think it’s a D man who can play the puck, like Hotham. We are very light on points from D, which is important now. We have one D man in Fournier who will probably go the season just below a point a game, which is great, but no one else will go anywhere near that. We need another player to support him. At the moment that player is Reddick, who is also playing PP, but I think he would benefit from the pressure being taken off. I actually think he’s playing well, but he could probably do with not being our number 2 offensive D man long term.

We have big problems with our outlet pass and leaving the zone. The forwards are on scraps at the moment. We need a calm, puck playing D men who can get our breakout going. Our biggest problem in all our recent games was getting out of the zone and transitioning to the O zone. Fournier skates like the wind but doesn’t have the passing range, neither do any other D men, so it’s rendering our forwards a bit useless through the neutral zone, unless they take the puck themselves from deep.
Spot on - many times on Sunday we couldn’t get passed the forecheck. A lot of sloppy passes and issues around or behind our own net.

That being said I do like the idea of another defensive D man coming in - thankfully it’s not up to me and my indecisiveness!!

hip check

What we witnessed Sunday was a Giants team playing at their best and a Devil's team playing well below their capabilities, consequently we got taken to the cleaners, they made us look mediocre at best. I'm sure this score is a one off freak result and if we can re-ignite the form shown against S C Bern a rematch would be one hell of a game to witness.

Mazzoak

If l hadn’t watched this team previously I’d say who the hell put that team together, this seasons budget must have been cheap recruiting AAA players.
I’ve just watched the highlights. Pretty sure this situation will reverse quickly.