Devils Vs Giants - 11 Nov 18 - League

matbur

Confidence guys... that's why we're getting so outplayed. Obviously, a few tweaks need to be made, but we'll get it back again for sure. We've just got to ride it through and back the team without the hysterics (I know that'll be hard for some of you).

The junior devils would have played better than this team if i was Lord i would call them back in tomorrow for a serious training session i make the league going to the giants 1 regulation win in 4 not good enough crack the wip Lord

jimmy snels

thought we were again awful. i said it numerous times but will again, we have the wrong make up to the team with lots of small, evasive players and not a single decent sized forward. on D we are extreemly light and minus louis we are again small and passive (batch being large and passive). we need imho 2 big stay at home D men to stop the rot setting in and further. it was awful to watch. the refs didnt help but christ we were poor.

august04

Some of these players need reminding how priviledged they are to wear the Cardiff Devils shirt. I can take losing - Giants are a very strong, well coached team - but that level of effort and performance from the Devils is just totally unacceptable. Of late, every time a team takes it to us physically and roughs us up, we collapse like a house of cards. I’m sick of hearing that hockey has changed and that we don’t need physicality anymore. Well, that’s another home defeat, another team has smashed us around our own rink with barely a whimper in response. We have become the very antithesis of what Andrew Lord represented as a player. I don’t know what’s going on with this team but this cannot be allowed to continue. We all know Lord doesn’t cut players during a season but it seems like the players know this too. Far too many taking nights off. Utter drivel tonight.

Last edited:

osh

As poor a performance as I’ve seen in a long time. I am not going to single out any player for playing badly because there were too many. Last night’s win merely papered over the huge cracks that have appeared in the team in recent weeks. Obviously I don’t know what goes on behind the scenes at training or team talks etc but we were taken apart tonight by a team that wanted the win more than we did, credit to them for a great ‘team’ performance. We were lazy all over the ice tonight, even in the pre game warm up we looked far too casual. Players were lazy in committing ridiculous penalties which cost us dearly, we certainly need a new defensive D man for sure, where we get him from I don’t know but unless we address this in the next 3 weeks we can say goodbye to any hopes of retaining our league title. I am mystified at line changes that just aren’t working and lacklustre performances from far too many of our squad.

Mazzoak

Chill out FFS. We lost games last year and the year before like this. This is a repeat, it’s typical consistent performance we have this point in the season. By March it’ll be the forum mocking posters for their opinions of a few poor games, in November.

Move on.

jimmy snels

Chill out FFS. We lost games last year and the year before like this. This is a repeat, it’s typical consistent performance we have this point in the season. By March it’ll be the forum mocking posters for their opinions of a few poor games, in November.

Move on.

fancy sharing your view on the game rather than shout down others opinions? im interested how you see this

1 wim in 4 in regulation tome against the bottom of the league is not acceptable we are the champions and some of our players are not performing ,our netminder is only as good as our defefence which is not good at the moment we need a stay at home d man to sort this out come on Lord and Kelman sign a d man someone to protect our netminder

hip check

This was more than losing a game, this was a reality check.
Bownsy's not having his best time atm and Lordo should've used Mad dog a couple of games ago.
A teams netminder having a bad day at the office affects the players around him imo, the opposite can be said if your netminder's playing a blinder it motivates that teams players as did Giants goalie tonight, he looked safe and reliable.
Virtually all players tonight had a bad day at the office so not singling out Bownsy's, a netminder's performance always gets noticed be that good or bad, I think tonight he wasn't at his best.

Mazzoak

Perhaps if you were and had forked out hard earned money to watch that crap, then you might just understand why people are a little upset!
No l wouldn’t, l go to watch a game, fully aware of what can and does happen.

We have decent owners, an excellent GM, a saintly coach and a decent team. So chill out, jeez.

Diafol

Sadly tonight the officials seemed to be just as poor as our players.
When you're spending most of a period short handed then a team like the Giants will kill you.
Refs seemed to call the slightest thing against us.
Not trying to make excuses for our terrible performance, we were awful, but it certainly didn't help much.

Devil94

There was nothing wrong with the officials tonight, we took a lot penalties and I would say all of the were deserved.
This is not a bad team. We have showed that every week until 2 weeks ago. I'm sure it's just a confidence issue, a blip, something that happens to every team every year. Hopefully we can snap out of it quickly.
There's no problem with criticising the performance tonight, it deserves to be criticised, but I don't think it will affect us hugely in our league run. This hopefully will be a kick up the arse and after a full weeks training, a win next Saturday and we will be back.

Justtw

There was nothing wrong with the officials tonight, we took a lot penalties and I would say all of the were deserved.
This is not a bad team. We have showed that every week until 2 weeks ago. I'm sure it's just a confidence issue, a blip, something that happens to every team every year. Hopefully we can snap out of it quickly.
There's no problem with criticising the performance tonight, it deserves to be criticised, but I don't think it will affect us hugely in our league run. This hopefully will be a kick up the arse and after a full weeks training, a win next Saturday and we will be back.

I'm sorry but although we gave up some clear penalties, Giants were dirty tonight. There was a high hit, high stick, elbowing and tripping on more than one occasion that was in clear sight of a linesman or ref that was not called. I agree we played dreadful which was a fault of poor communication, confidence and physicality but if you thought the officiating tonight was up to standards, we watched two different games.