Devils Vs Flyers - Sun 21 Oct - League

Hedd Wyn John

Devils really stepped up a gear in P2. Some phenomenal hockey going on out there, outpaced, outskated & outshot Fife. As league leaders I expected much more from Fife.

Foxy

I was really looking forward to this game boy was i disappointed......

Fife's goalie not a patch on Isles.... man for man skill level for Devils way up.

Didn't think Devils had a brilliant game very complacent despite the scoreline. If they had played like they did against Vaxjo goals would have been doubled+

As for face off hate it. Im home twiddling thumbs. Rink was the emptiest i have seen for a long time.

Of course it was gunna be empty tonight.
Everyone turned up last night. And unless your a season holder it will cost you roughly £80 for the two games plus travel etc. That’s too much for me.

So glad we showed them who are the champions and we kept that little shite crowder quiet :)

kristian

I was really looking forward to this game boy was i disappointed......

Fife's goalie not a patch on Isles.... man for man skill level for Devils way up.

Didn't think Devils had a brilliant game very complacent despite the scoreline. If they had played like they did against Vaxjo goals would have been doubled+

As for face off hate it. Im home twiddling thumbs. Rink was the emptiest i have seen for a long time.
Have to say from block 8 rink looked full apart from away block. Not a fan of the early face off but they you go can't please all the the people all the the time.

BostonBart22

Have to say from block 8 rink looked full apart from away block. Not a fan of the early face off but they you go can't please all the the people all the the time.
There was more atmosphere for bottom club steelers than top club fife. Not fussed on 4pm but it's n experiment and I think the crowd would've been lower if chuck a Puck was a normal prize rather than a holiday

Slartibartfast

There has been a lot of comments about how poor the opposition is this season. Tonight we took on the top of the table and dominated them. Its not that Fife or any other team are poor its just we ARE that good. Lordo took a championship winning team and added 4 top class players. That team has hit form very early which is not surprising with so few changes from last season. This team is something special. This is the best Devils team I have seen in 28 years of watching.
I think games will get tougher as other teams start to gel but I fully expect this team to win the league this year by quite a margin.
So sit back and enjoy some of the best hockey you will ever see in this country.

Hedd Wyn John

To be honest I was surprised how dominant the Devils were. I expected a fast paced & dangerous Fife turning up & causing problems all evening but the Devils had the measure of them all over the ice. This team is really coming together.

Mooney#16

Enjoy what you’ve got while it lasts folks. Devils offence this year is running riot on this league. This could be Lordo’s last in charge of the Devils so soak it all in. He’s getting too good for this league and Europe and North American are going to start calling soon.

august04

Men v boys out there, another dominant performance. We know one thing for sure after tonight, Fife ain’t winning the league this year, made to look very, very average at best by certainly the strongest and easily the most consistent team in the EIHL this year. Some beautiful passing at times tonight, Linglet in particular was worth the entrance fee alone. He has unbelievable skills. As for the 4pm face-off, well I wasn’t a fan beforehand and it just didn’t feel right. Top of the table clash, but plenty of empty seats (we had double headers last year and saw a bigger attendance on the Sunday I think) and a poor atmosphere. Saying that, it beats being surrounded by booze fuelled groups of newbies that we do seem to see plenty of on a Saturday night, who spend all game getting bladdered and don’t give a toss about what’s going on, on the ice. Too many empty seats though for me to consider the 4pm start a success, and seemed to be a few schools in too, so maybe they were giveaways also. It’ll be interesting to see what Kelman does next season. So much to cheer about on the ice though just now.

RedDevil17

Easy win against a distinctly average fife team. Very poor. Devils played a complete hockey game tonight and played to our systems very well. Said it before and I’ll stand by this, from what I’ve seen so far we will dick the league.

august04

Enjoy what you’ve got while it lasts folks. Devils offence this year is running riot on this league. This could be Lordo’s last in charge of the Devils so soak it all in. He’s getting too good for this league and Europe and North American are going to start calling soon.
I’d be more worried if Todd Kelman and the Calgary 4 lost interest to be honest. I hope Lord has the ambition to go on to achieve greater things in the game and that our success gives him the opportunity to do just that but Kelman has always said that a succession plan is in place. With the right people running the club, we’ll be fine.

zoesdevil

Good luck to him if it happens, he's deserved it, I also wouldn't be surprised to see a few players follow him if he did leave.