Devils Vs Flyers - 7 Nov - League

RedDevil17

There was only really one goalie at fault for our loss against Flyer. And his name is Owens not Bowns. We had a stupid amount of shots on goal, way above average. We'll click again soon.
All well and good having shots but you need to convert those chances in order to win games. We didn’t, Fife did. Simple as that

RedDevil17

Yes...but...Owens was outstanding! You come up against that sometimes!
The only reason Owen played decent is because he had absolutely zero traffic in front of him so he saw every single shot. Meanwhile, Fife had players in front of Bowns looking for the screen and they got 2 deflection goals from tip-ins. Owen is a good goalie, but if you don’t get traffic in front you don’t score many against a goalie like him, especially on the PP. Myers should’ve been on the ice for the PP screening him out in front, what he’s best at. We went 2/8 on the PP against them on Wednesday whereas they were 2/3 I believe.

On another separate note, Matt Myers deserves far more ice time than what he gets. It’s criminal, very underrated. 4th line gets about 4 minutes ice time at a maximum per game. You can’t shorten the bench, the players will get knackered! We have 4 lines, utilise them!

Last edited:

Hedd Wyn John

Having watched the highlights in fairness I wouldn’t put 1 of those goals down to Bownsy it sure was a poor night, and we need to improve that’s for sure. But that defeat was down to the team. Hopefully we will soon hear news of a new signing, we sure could use one.
Agreed, Bownsy wasn’t to blame. Poor defending & man-marking was to blame for the first two.
I'm sure the fact both Rabbitohs4 and InsideInfo post from the same IP Addresses is entirely coincidental
They’re both really good friends & went halves on a laptop?

Hedd Wyn John

The only reason Owen played decent is because he had absolutely zero traffic in front of him so he saw every single shot. Meanwhile, Fife had players in front of Bowns looking for the screen and they got 2 deflection goals from tip-ins. Owen is a good goalie, but if you don’t get traffic in front you don’t score many against a goalie like him, especially on the PP. Myers should’ve been on the ice for the PP screening him out in front, what he’s best at. We went 2/8 on the PP against them on Wednesday whereas they were 2/3 I believe.

On another separate note, Matt Myers deserves far more ice time than what he gets. It’s criminal, very underrated. 4th line gets about 4 minutes ice time at a maximum per game. You can’t shorten the bench, the players will get knackered! We have 4 lines, utilise them!
Just to add to that I noticed a lot of the SOGs went straight at Owens. Sure it looks good on that stats but not very troubling for the goalie.