Devils Vs Flyers - 7 Nov - League

I think you find I typed 4 defeats out of 5 conceding 19 goals!!
I am correct in saying this.
The last 5 games
4-5 fife
2-3 panthers
4-6 blaze
3-5 flames
1-0 clan!!

Imo we concede too many goals and bowns gets the blame as much as the defence.

5 shots last night 2 goals against l.
Says it all.

Yes I am rabbitohs
It signed me out and give me this username instead I have nothing to hide thank you.

Ok. Sorry guys your all correct. Don’t all start booing the team when they go on a losing streak like a few years back. You hypocritical bath plugs.

Your all so far up bowns ass he will never do wrong. James delete my accounts I’m done with this site thank you.

Ok. Sorry guys your all correct. Don’t all start booing the team when they go on a losing streak like a few years back. You hypocritical bath plugs.

Your all so far up bowns ass he will never do wrong. James delete my accounts I’m done with this site thank you.
Pretty sure you can delete it yourself.... :/

As for being ‘up bowns ass’ i think looking at the bigger picture/issue is what is going on here! So easy to blame one person but when in actual fact there is a team out there who are also to blame! You look at the issues, try and fix the issues, and move on with it!

I hate to say it but some people just expect win after win and just cannot hack a loss! Well unfortunately teams do lose! No team can be undefeated so people just need to accept you are gonna lose games as well as win them!

Simple.

I accept we are gunna lose don’t you worry been a fan since the good old days of Kirk dewale maxwell Rob Davison etc.

But every time we lose you all want to blame reddick and every player bar bowns.
We can upgrade on him and I hope we do in the future. Bye

I accept we are gunna lose don’t you worry been a fan since the good old days of Kirk dewale maxwell Rob Davison etc.

But every time we lose you all want to blame reddick and every player bar bowns.
Absolutely not i have never driven away from any player being at fault however i am sick to death of people such as yourself blaming ONE person when there is clearly an issue with THE TEAM! I could sit here and pick faults with whoever you want as no body is perfect however it’s pointless when the issue is an overall issue! As i said no body is perfect and there will always be better people out there than what you have but look at the bigger picture!

CaldicotDevil

We all brown nose Bownsy because we’re lucky to have him. Seriously if Ben ever thought about moving he would have his pick of any side in the EIHL and probably a lot of offers from higher leagues. Sheffield spent a lot of money to sign Whistle just so they could be in the position we’re in, icing a high quality GB keeper to free up an import slot. The fact Whistles move hasn’t worked out well just shows how lucky we are with Ben.

jimmy snels

accounts? how many have you got? are you someone else as well?

James

Administrator
Thread starter #73
We all brown nose Bownsy because we’re lucky to have him. Seriously if Ben ever thought about moving he would have his pick of any side in the EIHL and probably a lot of offers from higher leagues. Sheffield spent a lot of money to sign Whistle just so they could be in the position we’re in, icing a high quality GB keeper to free up an import slot. The fact Whistles move hasn’t worked out well just shows how lucky we are with Ben.
A nice bit of synergy as Dave Whistle originally signed Bowns to the Devils.

bdevil

I think you find I typed 4 defeats out of 5 conceding 19 goals!!
I am correct in saying this.
The last 5 games
4-5 fife
2-3 panthers
4-6 blaze
3-5 flames
1-0 clan!!

Imo we concede too many goals and bowns gets the blame as much as the defence.

5 shots last night 2 goals against l.
Says it all.

Yes I am rabbitohs
It signed me out and give me this username instead I have nothing to hide thank you.
You've forgotten the 4-0 win v Coventry which came after the Flames loss.

Finny

They were the good old days???????

What a bizarre comment to make. Not only because
a) we won nothing in those seasons.
b) you're criticising Bowns and then point to a better time when our netminder was Jason Cugnet. For me the weakest netminder we've had during the EIHL era.

Obviously this is only my opinion, but anytime I see someone who blames a netminder I always think "that poster doesn't know hockey". Especially when it comes to Bowns.
Last Sunday he faced 40+ shots and from what Nottingham fans have been saying the score would have been 6-2 , 7-2 or even worse had Bowns not had an excellent game. Against Coventry he was hung out to dry with several breakaways he had no chance on. And in the previous game he shut out Glasgow despite us being heaviley outshot. Have you seen the highlights from that game? Glasgow could arguably have been 3-0 or 4-0 up by the end of the first period had it not been for Bowns.

The problem for netminders is that they can make 3 or 4 big saves in a game yet if they let a soft one in it's that what some fans remember. Sometimes it's not even a soft one!

if you were to look back through icetimeTV highlights of this season arleady you'll find quite a few games where we weren't on our A game in the first period and Bowns made some huge saves to keep us in the game. We then went on to hammer teams in the second period and everyone is so busy marvelling at our offensive ability they forget what Bowns did before that. Even I admit to doing it and when I watch the highlights I thinkg "blimey I forgot how many saves Bowns made".

There are a couple of reasons why we are going through a bad patch. Bowns isn't one of them.
We seem to have lost our mojo a bit and I wonder if the news about Blood and the feeling of being robbed by the referees against Coventry has hit them hard mentally this week. Especially as they've played 6 games in the space of just 10 days.

That's going to be tough regardless of how professional you are. I doubt there has been much time to learn new systems or recover fully, but the addition of Mosey will surely lift the team and after this weekend we have a full week off.

We started to look a bit like our old selves in those 2nd and 3rd periods against Fife. Hopefully we'll continue to see that improvement over the next couple of games.

KaneDevils

If bowns is at fault, blame him, if he's not, don't. We concede 5 goals and it's automatically the goalies fault? What the ......?
Utter nonsense.
Remember, as champs, we will be the team EVERYONE wants to beat and will therefore raise their game.

august04

We seem to have lost our mojo a bit and I wonder if the news about Blood and the feeling of being robbed by the referees against Coventry has hit them hard mentally this week. Especially as they've played 6 games in the space of just 10 days..
I can see the effect losing Blood might possibly have on morale, but if the players are feeling sorry for themselves because of inept refereeing against Coventry, then we really are in trouble. I don’t buy that as an excuse for one minute. More likely we’re knackered because we shortened the bench massively when we’re losing games.

tim78

People expect perfection.

Remember we all make mistakes, forwards make mistakes the D takes the pressure, the D makes mistakes the Goalie takes the pressure and simple last thing a goalie faulters it's a goal. 1 or 2 soft goals shouldn't result in a loss at the EIHL level all the time it's just the odd few games which to me will happen.

As for Goalies I'm happy to say over the last 25 years Bowns is certainly on of the best goalies I've seen in our net.

My only concern is how quick other teams can find those shooting lanes and score against us. But remember that's not the goalies fault that's partly game plan and defence.

On another note, one thing sprung to mind watching the game the other night was how easy it is to make a judgement call on a defensive decision by the players ( both forwards and Dmen) basically when they choose to either follow the play or return to their position. I noticed a few moments were the dman stopped the chase because someone else was on the player but that allowed the opposition player to follow him back and gain ground for a better shot (this was play already in the devils defense zone). The other was over committing on the opposition player allowing other opposition players to sneak into space.

Rich Best

There was only really one goalie at fault for our loss against Flyer. And his name is Owens not Bowns. We had a stupid amount of shots on goal, way above average. We'll click again soon.