Devils Vs Flyers - 7 Nov - League

jimmy snels

tell you what i did see on the way home was a devils fan in car CV18*** and a blue BMW engage in the most idiotic duel of road rage that could have killed some ive ever seen. Brakes being slammed on, trying to run each other towards barriers and blocking each other off on a wet duel carriage way at 80mph. I hope who ever it was reads this and reflects upon it because they could easily have killed or injured not just themselves but all behind and coming towards them. was honestly horrible to be trapped behind.

Wannabe2

Rob we have lost our last 3 games, that hasn’t happened in the last few days. I believe in my team but things are far from right at this moment in time. We are not playing as we can at the moment, and that ain’t good.

Rob Batch

My confidence in this team is unwavering. So much so that I can enjoy the 'roller-coaster' that we all refer to every year. Only early doors.

Devils86

I do think that when this side get a couple wins under their belt (after the last few results) we’ll be firing on all cylinders going forward.

I don’t see the need for another power forward, maybe just better utilising of the ones we have - like we did in the CHL. We need to replace Blood and depending on that replacement we may need another, but I’m sure Lord has it in hand.

If you look at overall posts on here most people are calling for reinforcements at the back and an enforcer- not many unhappy with our attacking depth. (Must admit tonight it felt like we could have done witha strong jab from someone to lift the crowd)

Simply put: wasn’t good enough tonight. I can handle being beaten by decent sides but that Fife team wasn’t all that. Before we had posters saying that the Flames deserved their win - tonight not so much about the Flyers.

Wasn’t a case of a bounce here or a save there...we just weren’t at the races. It actually reminded me of some performances towards the end of last season when we had won the league - dead rubber stuff.

Keep the faith. In the Lord we trust.

Another 5 goals conceded tonight but bowns is amazing in he best in the league???

Who’s fault we conceded that much tonight, reddick?
Oh wait he had motm.

Bloody shambles said it 2 weeks ago.

Devils86

Another 5 goals conceded tonight but bowns is amazing in he best in the league???

Oh wait he had motm.

I think whenever you concede that many unless your NM has a mare you have to look at the entire side not just the NM or the D.

Bownsy clearly the best over the course of the season - as with some others he seems to get stick when things aren’t going out way.

Will he have wanted one or two back tonight? Not sure until I re-watch on the highlights.

Unless you are a literal road block and fill the net (I’m available) some will get passed you.

Just one of those nights that you have to chalk up to a bad night and move on.

The thing is Bowns always concedes 1/2 crap goals a game. It’s a disadvantage meaning the team have to score 3/4 to win every night.

He does it to often and never gets dropped.

Imo he takes his goalie position for granted just because he’s British and knows Lord won’t replace him,

Lord is mister soft and gives players chance after chance, instead he needs to be ruthless.

4 out of 5 defeats conceding 19 goals.

We won’t be winning no league with them stats.

DevilDom

Devils a little unlucky in the game and up against a top Nettie but why are we so bad at 3 on 3? As soon as it went to OT I said to my son, get ready to go as soon as they score without thinking about it!

kettdevil1

The thing is Bowns always concedes 1/2 crap goals a game. It’s a disadvantage meaning the team have to score 3/4 to win every night.

Imo he takes his goalie position for granted just because he’s British and knows Lord won’t replace him,

Lord is mister soft and gives players chance after chance, instead he needs to be ruthless.

It’s good to have Scotty Bowman contributing to this thread ;)

BostonBart22

Had the same blip last season and we romped the league , playoffs and conference..

BostonBart22

tell you what i did see on the way home was a devils fan in car CV18*** and a blue BMW engage in the most idiotic duel of road rage that could have killed some ive ever seen. Brakes being slammed on, trying to run each other towards barriers and blocking each other off on a wet duel carriage way at 80mph. I hope who ever it was reads this and reflects upon it because they could easily have killed or injured not just themselves but all behind and coming towards them. was honestly horrible to be trapped behind.
Yeah did see a little bump and a small tailback building , hope its caught on camera, probs a young wannabe hopefully in daddys car...thankfully no one injured..THIS TIME..

Gough60

Thought we played better last night than against Blaze & had plenty of chances to score but we are not converting. NEED to sort our D out and sharpish. 1st period saw 5 shots on Bownsy and 2 goals scored.

ASHIPP

Conceding early goals and chasing the rest of the game seems to be the norm in the last 6 games for the Devils. Perhaps the realisation has finally set in that other teams have improved greatly and are challenging.....and maybe have figured out how to play our Team? The SOG v goals stats at the end of p1 and p2 spoke for themselves. Devils converted 2/8 pp chances, Flyers 2/3 pp chances.

Replacing Ben Blood is the first affirmative action the Club has taken to resolve our import shortage situation. That's because Blood has to be replaced. It is very obvious that at least one other new player is required on the roster to cover for Faryna (how long will he be out) and be additional cover when he returns. The Club managed all of this very well last season, including a punishing domestic schedule after CHL. And it worked. This year there has been little reaction to missing players and vacant slots. I find it hard to believe that there are not players out there that could do a job for the Team - Panthers, Steelers, Giants and Flames have all added to their rosters recently....and all are performing well.

Those games in hand over the teams above us are becoming worthless - Devils need to win them to stay with the top 3 teams. There is already a points gap developing.

To suggest in statements a few weeks back that 'the Club will do everything it can to defend our titles' and that 'the team is playing so well we feel we do not need to add anyone' is a bit short sighted. The Team is clearly not playing very well at the moment - and who can blame them? They have a punishing schedule of games in hand, they are probably knackered being shortbenched, and are definitely lacking in confidence and motivation.

Wannabe2

Oh wait he had motm.

Having watched the highlights in fairness I wouldn’t put 1 of those goals down to Bownsy it sure was a poor night, and we need to improve that’s for sure. But that defeat was down to the team. Hopefully we will soon hear news of a new signing, we sure could use one.

Devils86

Just watched highlights and I’d say for the 1st and 3rd Bownsy may want them back - I was behind the 2nd on the night and he was screened for the shot. Can’t fault him for 4th or 5th IMO.

Wow, are you starting a ‘Bownsy out campaign’ with Rabbitoh?
Unless you do, as your user name suggests, have inside knowledge, how can you possibly know what Lord says or does? Bowns is the only player on the team I’ve heard Lord single out in interviews so I doubt you’re correct in this assessment.
You’re also way off on the goals conceded front imho (& certainly stats over the years since Bowns has been in Cardiff don’t back you up (see my post in the previous game thread for a comparison with the import netminders).
Personally I think you also couldn’t be more wrong with the Brit nm statement and you clearly know very little about him but that’s only my opinion based on years of watching him. Brit players in general have to work much much harder to achieve anything in British ice hockey and rarely get any recognition for it. And that is timed by many % for Brit nms.
3 goals last night came from deflections, I think but maybe wrong 2 off Devils players. 1 goal came from not clearing the zone (same happened last weekend).
As you’re talking about winning the league the goals conceded is actually 13 in the last 4 games. For a bit of perspective Owen conceded 14 in their last 4 games and I don’t see Fife fans calling for him to go!
As people often say everyone is entitled to an opinion but as someone who holds Devils in high regard as their 2nd favourite team what I see is some on here who can’t wait to have a pop, who only post after losses and who push the panic button way too soon.
The team aren’t playing well at the moment, for whatever reason. It’s not down to individuals but a combination of things. Forwards aren’t clinical, d are struggling, Bowns conceding and possibly other teams working out how to play Devils being the biggest factor.
It happened at exactly the same time last year & you went on to win a fair amount of silverware.