Devils Vs Flyers - 7 Nov - League

Slartibartfast

Wow. Parisi pulls out, Faryna gets injured, Blood leaving and now Joeys good looks spoilt. What are the hockey gods playing at.? Have they got bored of tormenting the Steelers and turned on us.

Devils86

Owen went from great, to abysmal, to amazing. Need to see that save in the second back.

Simply put we can’t turn up for 30 mins and expect to take the 2 points.

Appreciate that games come thick and fast but we need some time to get our heads in order. Looked panicked in the first and simply didn’t do enough to warrant anything from tonight.

Whilst I agree we need a replacement for Blood, once that it secured we have the players to win matches but need to get back in their heads to focus.

All very well and good making 44 saves but when only a handful require any effort...

We’ve just lost our way a bit. Was a shame as I thought once we got back into it in the 2nd that we would streak away as we have before.

This team is in serious need of a boost, played like a team in a bit of a slump, completely flat tonight, wonder if the CHL has anything to do with it, now that it's over some players have switched off and Lord need to find a way to switch them back on

Wannabe2

Well that was poor tonight, the 1st period that I was hoping we would come out hitting, and take it to them we were truly dire, one of the poorest periods I have seen a devils play in a long time. We played the hockey we are capable of for about 15 mins, taking the game as a whole I think we were lucky to take a point, tonight wasn’t a point lost, it was a point gained unfortunately. We miss Faryna massively, as without him we have no spark plug, then no fault of our own we lose the one other guy thatcan get things going, I take nothing away from fife they play and give everything for 60 mins, and if they had lost tonight it would have been a travesty. So when did we change 10/12 of our players, because these guys ain’t the ones that had us drooling in our seats unfortunately.

Devils86

This team is in serious need of a boost, played like a team in a bit of a slump, completely flat tonight, wonder if the CHL has anything to do with it, now that it's over some players have switched off and Lord need to find a way to switch them back on
Don’t think it’s CHL related - more likely a reaction to a few bad results.

Rob Batch

Only a couple of bounces and Shane Owen stood between us and a win tonight. I'm almost enjoying the difficult situation we find ourselves in. A genuine test of our class and character.

Wannabe2

Don’t agree Owen didn’t win that game tonight, he played well, but we were dire and they weren’t. We needed a bit more than a few bounces to win tonight. We pinched a point tonight, we didn’t lose one.

august04

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but Parisi should have been replaced straight after he jumped ship. I don’t know if we were a little complacent but it’s clear now that this team needs an addition or two (and quickly), to give it a boost and some much needed spark and energy. A quality, stay at home D man and a tough, physical forward please for me. The timing of Blood’s departure isn’t great either with the Giants looming on Sunday. We need to win that game.

Rob Batch

This team has taken a hit to their confidence with all that has happened in just the last few days. I enjoy the challange of rising up in the face of adversity. It makes eventual success all the sweeter.