Devils Vs Flyers - 19 02 20 - League

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Devils welcome the Flyers to the Viola on Wednesday night. With a mixed weekend behind us, steelers scoring a 0 point weekend and Panthers in resurgence breathing down our necks, every point will make a difference in this run in. The game is live on Freesports if you can't make it down.

Massive opportunity for the Devils to turn up the pressure on the steelers tonight and go 1 point behind with 3 games in hand, but we have to take it, if Pope is fit I'd like to see him in for benti on the top line, give benti a few games off, it may be what's best for him

ASHIPP

All home games are must-wins now. Devils can only control that, not the results of other games.

Flyers are definitely not pushovers. They rightly will be motivated by their defeat of Steelers. They are perfectly capable of beating the Devils. And long distance travel doesn't seem to affect the Scottish teams at away games - they are used to it.

Slow start and losing the lead will not cut it tonight.

voth26

A game is a must tonight, crash the the net at every opportunity and fir gods sake get a player screening the Fife nettie. We have to take and finish what ever opportunities come our way. To many games I've seen us either shooting wide or over the net from 5/6 feet out or we hit the nettie in the chest instead of trying to go glove or blocker side, and can we please stop looking for the perfect goal if a player sees a shot is on then take it instead of trying another bloody pass

Mazzoak

With our previous history of shaky form, our ranking and remaining games Lords approach to this would have been 1000% effort. He’s not got the luxury of a well oiled effective team that he can rely on to achieve results with a simple motivational speech and reinforcing drills, strategies etc etc. No, can’t see us loosing this tonight, this will be prepared for. If I’m wrong and there’s a repeat, more lack lustre performances on a par with what we’ve seen previously, I suggest there are dire issues.

This is one game I’d bet on, I’d be looking at a 4-1 Devils win.

moggy#9

WTF? Dominate the play and then let in a goal at the other end? I can't believe we'd choose to play reddick in defence and scratch Louis.

moggy#9

11 hour bus ride, and Fife seem more switched on right now.
I was just thinking the same thing. Whenever someone forces us around the outside we seem clueless. We try something, it doesn't work... I know, we'll keep trying it. We have the players to change the tempo by making checks, but we seem to let worse teams dictate the play.