Devils Vs Flyers - 17 Nov 19 - League

Wannabe2

Well played lads, good convincing win against a team that wiped the floor with league leaders Clan, again when we play as we can play we are pretty bloody good. Great D , Cool offence, what more can you ask for, 4 point weekend love it, well played everybody.

mjh

Heading back to the top couple of spots in the league and looking much improved. Hopefully we can sustain this for a good while and Glasgow will slip up. I'd like to smash the Giants next weekend too in order to lay down a marker.

Devils86

Morissonn looked a little edgy but that’s to be expected given he’s been out for a while. Officials missed some blatant calls both ways - last of which was the high check by Dixon, semi-resulting in the abuse of official penalty. That being said the calls they made could have been more serious with boarding etc.

So glad that Joey got his goal, first in the league and he can crack on from here. Linglet ran P3 on the PP for most of it. That first goal so important as the longer the game went on the more I thought we would make a stupid mistake or end up in OT.

Batch had another good game - pretty much to be expected really.

4 points and the main rivals dropping points. Great stuff

Mazzoak

On paper & if the team turns up, I’d be predicting a 4-0 Devils win. With current inconsistencies who knows...........
Almost.

The most exciting things about tonight’s game was willing that one more goal & seeing an Uber near the Viola........

ASHIPP

Who gives a monkeys about the other teams and how they are doing? Devils in control of their destiny.... starting with a well deserved, hard worked 4 point weekend.

Ugly, disjointed game for 48 minutes with Fife goalie playing great. Whatever time out tactics Lord discussed with the players obviously worked. A very important goal. After that, the Devils were lifted and playing pressurising, focused hockey. Flyers players lost their focus and discipline.

Shaone Morrisson is a class act. Understated, calming and positionally exact with a great first pass, doing all the little things right. Think the Devils were playing with more confidence and chemistry (and less panic) tonight.

Slartibartfast

What a great game. Hockey is a great game when the refs let it flow. Yes there were some strange calls. The high stick was actually a punch or cross check to Bentis head and the interference was a checking from behind as he hit Joey Martin in the numbers. That aside I thought they called the game well which allowed some great physicality from both teams.

It was a great defensive performance. Fife put 6 passed Clan yesterday but we shut them out.

We dominated the play and outshot them 52-19. We could not buy a goal in the first 2 periods but we got more creative and the 5 on 3 helped. The Devils have had a few problems this season. Poor passing, lack of physicality, lack of line chemistry, forwards not helping the defence, problems breaking out and difficulty scoring. Tonight and last night, all those problems were sorted out. (maybe the scoring was still a struggle but I think the flood gates will soon open now that the other problems are sorted.)

I thoroughly enjoyed that game and am feeling a lot more positive about the season now.

Oh and welcome back Charles Linglet. He was back to his brilliant self again tonight.

Earnie

Well we got going-eventually.
I liked 55 . For a first game he showed his pedigree.
Linglet was back to his dazzling self and great for Joey Martin to get a goal.

I think TK will be proud of us for the reception we gave Wally.

august04

While Fife didn’t offer much in attack, we’ve been hurt by such teams this season with sloppy defensive play, being caught out of position at the back and giving up odd man rushes. There was virtually nothing like that tonight - a much more solid looking defensive line up and we hardly gave them a sniff all night. And Jardine looked a different player with Morrisonn alongside him. I thought we played a strong game all over the ice tonight, with only the Fife goalies’ heroics preventing a 6/7 goal thrashing.

Last edited:

kingmo19.1

Couldn't make the game tonight, but delighted with a 3-0 win. First goal for Martin and a clean sheet. Happy days.

Just wondering who made way for Morrisonn ??

CaldicotDevil

While Fife didn’t offer much in attack, we’ve been hurt by such teams this season with sloppy defensive play, being caught out of position at the back and giving up odd man rushes. There was virtually nothing like that tonight - a much more solid looking defensive line up and we hardly gave them a sniff all night. And Jardine looked a different player with Morrisonn alongside him. I thought we played a strong game all over the ice tonight, with only the Fife goalies’ heroics preventing a 6/7 goal thrashing.
You could see Jardine constantly talking to Morrisonn tonight. Being paired with a experienced 500 NHL app D Man must be an early Christmas present for Jardine.