Devils Vs Flyers - 05 Jan 20 - League

Can't imagine what this forum will be like in 24 hrs if we lose at home to Flyers. So come on boys. No mercy on Flyers while they go though a bad spell. Give us a good 7-1 win to boost confidence and morale, with Linglet, Benti, Riley and GOAT (if he plays) all on the goal scoring sheet.

Last edited:

terry hunt

On current form today could be one of our few chances of a win this month.
Looking at Finnerty's post match interview his game plan sounded pretty good.
Forwards, attack shoot on goal, follow up for any rebounds.Sounds like common sense not rocket science

jenks33

Only comfort I can take at the moment is I still don’t particularly rate Duba. Their scoring power is miles ahead of ours though.

Gospel

After 2 periods we are playing poorly. Theres no fluidity, a lack of intensity & some very poor defensive play. Bowns is being hung out again.

Flyers have a depleted team as well but I can see the Flyers nicking this in the 3rd

Devilsatw

A wins a win but God this team make it hard work.
the first line or 2 needs a right kick up there arse because if it wasn't for the lower lines we would have lost again!

they simply can't score and it's soooo annoying.

Last edited:

Mooney#16

Myself personally I see a team that can play so high and full of commitment to win a game that the counter is they mentally fatigue a lot when the schedule gets packed. For want of a better term they go stale as their isn’t the mental rest and one game roles into another in the grind. Not saying it’s not the same for all teams but does seem to be a characteristic. A week without a mid week fixture couldn’t appear at a better time for the team I suspect. Still got confidence in this team though as they have clearly shown the ability. It’s the between the ears stuff they need to work on. They all want to win. They’ve just got to play like it for the next 3 months week in and week out not just for games that are easy to get up for.

E.D.S.

Another poor performance. I can only assume that there aren't the players out there to bring in that Lord wants, as our marquee players really aren't cutting it and haven't been for some time. I'm pleased we aren't changing for the sake of changing as it needs to be done right but it's really frustrating watching some of our players coast through games, lacking intensity and desire.