Devils Vs Flames - Sat 27 Oct - CC

Wannabe2

Guess what, we are capable of having a poor night just like every other team in this league, having said that take nothing away from a Guildford team that when they play as they can, they are a very good fast team. Ben Davies had a good game tonight, love the heart in that lad. So we lost tonight maybe, just maybe this defeat tonight will be a blessing in disguise. We move on now to tomorrow, hopefully we can take our frustrations out on the Blaze.

davew

A good Guildford team who took advantage of a very poorly playing devils team. When we decided we could play we left it too late to really matter, thankfully only a CC group game but a worrying result all the same.

august04

We all know how well we’ve been playing of late - but if you get out worked like we were tonight, more often than not, you’re going to lose. Very surprised by the lack of quality and work rate from us tonight but at least it was a competitive game (!) - and it least it wasn’t a league game.

Foxy

You don't win games by turning up for the last 10 minutes...............
Take nothing away from Guildford they deserved the win but Devils.....really..... were the hell were you because you certainly didn't know where each other were on the ice tonight.........
Shake it off and play a better game tomorrow please...... disappointing

It does amaze me that some people think we have a god given right to win every game and when we don’t it’s because we were rubbish or not interested. That is disrespectful to a very good Guildford performance that in the main disrupted our play by getting their sticks and bodies in the way of the puck, collapsed to the net in a control manner when we attacked and kept us to the outside and a nettie who had a cracking game.
We were not at the best that we have shown this season and personally I think we didn’t drive the net enough and keep someone there screening the play.
This season on any given night any team is capable of pulling out a result.

Foxy

It does amaze me that some people think we have a god given right to win every game and when we don’t it’s because we were rubbish or not interested. That is disrespectful to a very good Guildford performance that in the main disrupted our play by getting their sticks and bodies in the way of the puck, collapsed to the net in a control manner when we attacked and kept us to the outside and a nettie who had a cracking game.
We were not at the best that we have shown this season and personally I think we didn’t drive the net enough and keep someone there screening the play.
This season on any given night any team is capable of pulling out a result.
Where has anybody disrespected Guildford....... i'm sorry but we didnt start playing until the last 10 minutes. Im not going to lie. The other 50 minutes we were sloppy

I guess those moaning we are too good and are getting bored of us winning all the time have something to smile about now.
I was quite pleased to see us put under pressure for a change, it's just a shame we crumbled, fair play to the flames, they played us off the ice and seemed to know our game plan better than we did, at least we've managed get this one out of the way in a cup game that didn't really matter to us

rolf

Now this is where we look to our coach. Alex Ferguson in football could muster a good team and one which would play for him. I am no fan of his other than he would have had the tea cups flying tonight to ensure that they snapped out of this torpor akin to we turn up and we take the points. Money is tight and we are boring. Sorry but I want a punch up in a shit game like tonight to distract me from strictly come dancing and my decision not to renew my season ticket this year seems sound.

osh

I guess those moaning we are too good and are getting bored of us winning all the time have something to smile about now.
I for one will never tire of us winning, but I will never ever smile about a loss. However, when you look at topics such as Perceived Arrogance etc, tonight’s result shows we are there to be shot down, and shot down we certainly were. I’m not going to criticise our team after so many great performances recently but hats off to a hard working Flames side who deserved the win and provided both our team and fans with a wake up call that you have to turn up and play for a full 60 minutes. I’m sure Lord will be letting a few of our guys know how they need to up their individual performances tomorrow night. Disappointed, yes. Realistic, yes, there will be a few more upsets like this along the way this season for sure.

CaldicotDevil

Now this is where we look to our coach. Alex Ferguson in football could muster a good team and one which would play for him. I am no fan of his other than he would have had the tea cups flying tonight to ensure that they snapped out of this torpor akin to we turn up and we take the points. Money is tight and we are boring. Sorry but I want a punch up in a shit game like tonight to distract me from strictly come dancing and my decision not to renew my season ticket this year seems sound.
Bit dramatic to say the least. Lordo has us playing the best hockey in the league this year and probably in the history of the Devils. We just never really got going in a dead rubber game tonight, No real biggie.

The only complaint I have at the minute is the hot drinks are terrible. Grazing shed are missing a trick by not getting a decent coffee machine in there other than that life as a devil is pretty good right now.

rolf

Bit dramatic to say the least. Lordo has us playing the best hockey in the league this year and probably in the history of the Devils. We just never really got going in a dead rubber game tonight, No real biggie.

The only complaint I have at the minute is the hot drinks are terrible. Grazing shed are missing a trick by not getting a decent coffee machine in there other than that life as a devil is pretty good right now.
if I went more often then I am sure I would feel similar pain and there looks to be a good coffee machine in the bar which has never been switched on to my knowledge. Maybe Lordo has orbited all of the cups already...…………...

voth26

You think we play boring hockey really, if you don't go to games then how do you know the style of hockey we play??. would be good if you posted a positive post as well as negative ones, don't seem to hear from you when the team wins only when they lose but given this is the 1st game they've lost at home so far then im guessing strictly is right up your street for watching boring things

The hot drinks are shit !!!

Rob Batch

I for one will never tire of us winning, but I will never ever smile about a loss. However, when you look at topics such as Perceived Arrogance etc, tonight’s result shows we are there to be shot down, and shot down we certainly were. I’m not going to criticise our team after so many great performances recently but hats off to a hard working Flames side who deserved the win and provided both our team and fans with a wake up call that you have to turn up and play for a full 60 minutes. I’m sure Lord will be letting a few of our guys know how they need to up their individual performances tomorrow night. Disappointed, yes. Realistic, yes, there will be a few more upsets like this along the way this season for sure.
I posted the Percieved Arrogance comment. This loss changes nothing in the League. Every other team are more deserved than us but I think we shall overcome them because they are shite and we are not !! Arrogance, Boom, Boom, Foxy hand puppet.

Last edited:

BostonBart22

Dead rubber game. Murdy should have started
not a dead rubber game at all, need to win the group to pick our opponents for the next round, back to the match, worst first period played by devils this season, fair play to flames, prob their best display this season and deserved win..need the win in coventry today who are on a high after beating fife..