Devils Vs Flames - Play-Off Semi Final - 30th April 2022

jenks33

We weren't at our best but we found a way to win, amazing how much crap is being aimed at the team despite winning the semi and getting to the playoff final again. We will have to be better obviously and we have beaten giants throughout the season
Just being realistic though no? Crandall literally just admitted in his interview that we didn’t play well…not sure what’s so controversial about saying we have to be better tomorrow and Carruth will have to be our best player. Ah well

ASHIPP

Looking in awe at the attacking options on the Giants' roster. But the Devils can only play what's in front of them and be fearless. They will give it everything they have. Giants have had their number on a few occasions this season but the Devils have also had theirs and they should feel fired up by that.

The Devils are in the Final. Hopefully tomorrow they will show why they deserve to be there.

OJLloyd

Big fan of Crandall’s interview, understanding what tomorrow means not just as a final but as revenge for the games against Belfast to date.

We haven’t lost to Belfast outside of Belfast since 2019.

Fully aware that we need to be at our best, but it’s so-able.

voth26

Just being realistic though no? Crandall literally just admitted in his interview that we didn’t play well…not sure what’s so controversial about saying we have to be better tomorrow and Carruth will have to be our best player. Ah well
My point about the crap flying around wasn't aimed at you mate, it was just an observation about other posts!! As I said in my post the guys know they'll need to be better and play a tighter game to an extent but we also need to pressure them as well and take our chances when they come. Your right about carruth but for me the same applies to besko as well

Pembo

At the end on the game there it’s a wonder the ice didn’t start melting with all the salt coming from the opposing fans around the arena. End of game highlight was Cox responding to abuse from a chubby Blaze fan in front of us by puffing out his cheeks sticking out his gut & making fat shapes with his arms before skating off with a chuckle, Blaze fan looked properly chastened!

So relived Coughler came back out. We need him on the ice tomorrow. Winning ugly is still a win. Great to still have a shot at some silverware. Let’s go Devils!

jenks33

My point about the crap flying around wasn't aimed at you mate, it was just an observation about other posts!! As I said in my post the guys know they'll need to be better and play a tighter game to an extent but we also need to pressure them as well and take our chances when they come. Your right about carruth but for me the same applies to besko as well
No problem. It was heartening listening to Crandall and Sanford’s interviews. I think we’ll be really be up for it tomorrow and I don’t doubt how much we want to win it. It’s just whether we’ll be good enough I suppose

Mazzoak

We’ve got 5 pages here on the day we’ve reached the Playoff Final, jeez it’s not just Guildford fans that are salty. Accuse me of Trolling all you want but this year some fans can’t support their team winning, I’m vocal & honest, l don’t care yet those who say they do are a bit missing when we win……..

Hockeymad

We’ve got 5 pages here on the day we’ve reached the Playoff Final, jeez it’s not just Guildford fans that are salty. Accuse me of Trolling all you want but this year some fans can’t support their team winning, I’m vocal & honest, l don’t care yet those who say they do are a bit missing when we win……..
Maybe have something to do with 600 or so up at Nottingham. And not all fans use this forum

Rempel16

Maybe… just maybe… there’s not much to say. The Devils are in the final- something all of us fans wanted for ‘our’ team.

But there’s clearly work to do after being second best for large parts of the game. It doesn’t need for everyone to regurgitate the same stance. Anyone who saw the game would already know.

Slartibartfast

It wasn't a pretty win and we sat back a bit when we were 2 nil up. But we ground out a victory and once again Sandford scored a special goal to clinch it. Belfast looked really good but we ran them close in the CC so anything is possible.

tim78

Just for post purchase reflection, does anyone know who the panthers are behind (if any are there).

My Ticket's bang in the middle:p.