Devils vs Flames - CC - 25th Sept 21

Devil94

Highlights of the game are on YouTube. Would love to see more of the goal celebrations, the McNally and the OT celebrations were great, but cut off the highlights.

moggy#9

Highlights of the game are on YouTube. Would love to see more of the goal celebrations, the McNally and the OT celebrations were great, but cut off the highlights.
It's long been a criticism of the highlights packages that, while they show the goals, they don't really give a flavour of a match. In the past, things like fights and controversial and incidents have been notable by their absence. I can't help but feel that giving the individual clubs control of their own highlights is a bad thing. I can't imagine a club like Sheffield showing anything that would show them in a bag light like, I don't know, running the goalie.

Mazzoak

Great night opener, sound system l agree working well last night, long may that continue........
Today is going to be the real test, Carruth is going to get poked constantly, so fingers crossed he’s going to middle finger them. Can’t wait to watch this one.

august04 2.0

I thought DuPont was slightly more visible last night but the fact remains that he was signed, and started the CHL campaign, as our 1st line centre - and he’s now playing on the third line and getting no PP minutes. I can’t imagine that was in Skalde's plan. As I’ve stated before, I hope we sign a 14th import sooner rather than later, and then if the guy is not contributing as we expect, let him sit the game out. A very good game last night, impressed with Guildford who played as they always do but seem to have a bit more “bite” at the back end. I think they will do well this season. Kozun looked impressive, our rotation of net minding duties will surely help us this year. An enjoyable game with a beauty of a goal in OT by Reid to win it.

BostonBart22

I thought DuPont was slightly more visible last night but the fact remains that he was signed, and started the CHL campaign, as our 1st line centre - and he’s now playing on the third line and getting no PP minutes. I can’t imagine that was in Skalde's plan. As I’ve stated before, I hope we sign a 14th import sooner rather than later, and then if the guy is not contributing as we expect, let him sit the game out. A very good game last night, impressed with Guildford who played as they always do but seem to have a bit more “bite” at the back end. I think they will do well this season. Kozun looked impressive, our rotation of net minding duties will surely help us this year. An enjoyable game with a beauty of a goal in OT by Reid to win it.
As I said last week , a player is coming to IAW in october already signed, thats all I know..

Mazzoak

I liken Hockey to chess, you play what you see with what you need, not what you have in reserve. Plus it very early doors to be showing every move. Personally Dupoint is a sleeper.....

ASHIPP

Great night opener, sound system l agree working well last night, long may that continue........
Today is going to be the real test, Carruth is going to get poked constantly, so fingers crossed he’s going to middle finger them. Can’t wait to watch this one.
Or how about just some of his excellent netminding and a team win.... Best way to send a message to the opposition.

jenks33

The obvious answer would be training camps, but that makes no sense of he has already signed. Interesting.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking. To already be signed suggests that it probably isn’t somebody going through North American training camps. Unless they’ve got a deal in place where the player will come over and play for us if he isn’t offered anything in one of the top leagues.

Hockeymad

If we do sign someone who is it for?

Surely dupont needs a kick up his arse?
He has been piss poor said it pre season so slow and is not good enough for the first line centre

jenks33

I’ll be surprised if it isn’t a centre (if we do see a new arrival). If I’m honest I thought we were a top centre short when the roster was finalised. Speaks volumes for me at the moment that Dixon has been playing first line centre. I love Dixon as much as the next fan but at this stage of his career he’s a third line centre for a team hoping to win silverware

BostonBart22

I’ll be surprised if it isn’t a centre (if we do see a new arrival). If I’m honest I thought we were a top centre short when the roster was finalised. Speaks volumes for me at the moment that Dixon has been playing first line centre. I love Dixon as much as the next fan but at this stage of his career he’s a third line centre for a team hoping to win silverware
mr. martin return maybe