Devils vs Flames - CC - 25th Sept 21

ASHIPP

Guildford have always been a strong Cup tournament team....the Devils' nemisis in recent years.
The Devils will be relieved to get that win in such a close game. It will be very difficult in the return game. Guildford have a great home record.

moggy#9

Guildford have always been a strong Cup tournament team....the Devils' nemisis in recent years.
The Devils will be relieved to get that win in such a close game. It will be very difficult in the return game. Guildford have a great home record.
Having a close match like that the day before a big game with Sheffield really brings home the value of having two excellent netminders. I imagine we'll start a fresh carruth tonight.

Devil94

Regarding actual, you know, hockey... How did Dupont do? I'm starting to wonder about his apparent lack of production.
He looked a bit sharper last night, a few more glimpses of what he can do. Looked like he was on the 3rd line, same line as Lammon actually which I didn't expect to happen.

Someone made a comparison to Layne Ulmer on here, and I fully expect that to be the case. A slow start, but will start to get the measure of the league and will adapt and will be a crucial player for us later on.

Wannabe2

Very good game last night, and two great displays by both netties, good fast game with some physicality thrown in. Fantastic crowd generating a great atmosphere, really like the look of this team Kozun rightly man of the match. Can’t wait till 4pm so I can see this team again, with some niggles creeping in hopefully.

pjj365

We may be on a fools errand to look for settled lines and roles.

Icing 11 forwards over 4 lines means a mix and match approach. Apparently this is typical AHL so we need to trust Skalde he's been there done that.

As ever who knows what instructions are given to players whatever we think they should be