Devils Vs Flames - CC - 13th Nov 21

ASHIPP

Brodie Reid does it again. A player who was snuffed out for much of the game tonight but has the skill to deliver when needed.

After trailing for p1 and part of p2, McNally's excellent goals seemed to galvanise the team. That man has been missed with injury.
Devils did well to hang in there on equal terms with a relentless, hardworking Flames.

Got the result they needed... let's hope its impetus for a Devils' turnaround tomorrow at the HOR. (House of Rust)

jenks33

Good win. Looks like we showed great character after going 0-2 and 1-3 down. A few of us have had a whinge about a lack of goals in this team but I can’t fault Mcnally. He’s looked a goal threat all season. Same goes for Waller. I just think we need Dupont, Crandall, Cox and Sanford to be more of a threat.

I am finding it annoying how well Sointu and Mosey are doing for Sheffield. Two more points for Sointu tonight. No doubt they’ll come back to haunt us tomorrow

matbur

Good to see us bang in a few goals.

Seemed to be more desire to get a net front presence. Defensive coverage didn't look great on at least one of the goals but that's going off the replay on the scoreboard.

Kozun was excellent tonight. Have a hunch he might play back to back and start tomorrow.

august04 2.0

I enjoyed that game tonight and I think Flames are possibly my favourite visitors to watch in Cardiff. Definitely can’t complain about the work rate from the Devils tonight, and we saw two closely matched teams out there. Impressed with Bolton at their back end. A much needed win, let’s hope we can get Sanford and Cox firing tomorrow as well. Pleased to see that idiot get thrown out by security at the end too, a slippery slope if you start seeing that nonsense and don’t stamp on it quickly. Great work by Kelman and the rink staff to get him of there. Ban him.

Wannabe2

Think we got out of jail tonight, Flames we’re dominant for most of that game and probably feel robbed with the result. We need a far far better performance than that tomorrow, play like tonight and it’s goodnight Vienna. Was certainly hoping to see our team of a few months ago, but they seem to have left town without saying goodbye. Missing Waller big time, still not happy with our physical play there were a few Flames players that needed taking down a peg or two and only Batchy seemed to take that on board. Guildford are a good team and certainly pushed us, also hats off McNally with two goals, and our usual saviour Reid. Was hoping to go home well pleased, but went home thanking the big man in the sky.

Earnie

A far better performance. Flames always give us a tough game so well done guys.
What happens next then in the Cup. There are three group winners and five others so how are the quarter finals selected? This Cup thing does my head in!

GAVIN

I enjoyed that game tonight and I think Flames are possibly my favourite visitors to watch in Cardiff. Definitely can’t complain about the work rate from the Devils tonight, and we saw two closely matched teams out there. Impressed with Bolton at their back end. A much needed win, let’s hope we can get Sanford and Cox firing tomorrow as well. Pleased to see that idiot get thrown out by security at the end too, a slippery slope if you start seeing that nonsense and don’t stamp on it quickly. Great work by Kelman and the rink staff to get him of there. Ban him.
More disappointed how he managed to get onto the ice in the first place...

august04 2.0

More disappointed how he managed to get onto the ice in the first place...
Thankfully we very rarely see stuff like that, cant recall it happening before, probably pissed too. I wondered who the hell he was. We’ve had enough of that nonsense in Cardiff this past few weeks, what with the rugby and now again tonight. I would imagine there will be security on that door next game!

august04 2.0

I think we have to be realistic. Our games v Guildford have all been very close, we are two very evenly matched teams. Do I see Flames as title contenders - no. And that goes for us as well. For me, we're just a little short to compete with the likes of Sheffield over a long season, for the league title. But I’m OK with that as long as I see the team working hard and trying their best - and they did that tonight, in what was a very good game of hockey. A much better spectacle for the Cardiff crowd after a couple of crap home games, even if the shoot out had gone the other way.

Slartibartfast

Definitely an improved performance but far from perfect. McNally is back doing what he was doing before his injury and getting in front of net and picking up the rebounds. A lot of shots are now coming form the slot instead of the blue line and perimeter which is encouraging. Kozun was absolutely awesome despite being left hung out to dry several times.
But we still are still leaving big holes at the back and letting forwards go straight to our net unmolested and other than McNally and Batch noone throws any hits until the third period. I wish O Connor would take the body instead of poke checking when he is the only man back. He nearly always misses and leaves the forward a clear run on net.
Was really hoping to see a big performance from Dupont but didn't notice him again.
Happy to get the win but this team still has a lot of work to do if they want to be in the top half of the table.

matbur

Pleased to see that idiot get thrown out by security at the end too, a slippery slope if you start seeing that nonsense and don’t stamp on it quickly. Great work by Kelman and the rink staff to get him of there. Ban him.
What happened?? I have to leave literally as soon as the shootout finished