Devils Vs Flames - 5 Dec 18 - League

BostonBart22

Great old school/style hockey by the devils. For entertainment it was probably the best game since the last panthers game at home...even if we lost in ot . I would have gony away satisfied after seeing that game and credit to Guildford for making a great game of it .

Finny

"The Flames made it 1-0 on the ensuing powerplay with Jesse Craige scoring at 2:13 just as Matt Pope was about to step back onto the ice. "

It is wrong on the EIHL website.
Penalty started at 00:13
Goal was scored at 02:13

So although it is effectively a PP goal as Pope hadn't been able to rejoin play, it does go down as an even-strength goal.

bozman

Last Night was old time hockey, hit the life out of them make them think again before going to the boards in fear of being hit, people on here have asked for it and we gave you it last night and excellent game of hockey which kept us all on the edge of our seats.

Ackered did not like that style of play one little bit as shown when poper crushed him to set up Joey

august04

Last Night was old time hockey, hit the life out of them make them think again before going to the boards in fear of being hit, people on here have asked for it and we gave you it last night and excellent game of hockey which kept us all on the edge of our seats.

Ackered did not like that style of play one little bit as shown when poper crushed him to set up Joey
We showed that style of play was the way to beat Guildford last season, after they gave us trouble early in the season. We play so much better when we do that and the crowd feed off it. A much needed win last night.

Well, what a game, I'll be honest, I didn't think we really got going till about half way through the 3rd period. But when we did, wow! It was amazing to see. Special mention goes to Fournier who was absolutely outstanding last night, really stepped up his game another level and was playing like a man possessed! Wish he wouldn't play so well because he might get poached! ;) Also as has been mentioned, the Pope play where he made a good hit behind the goal to turn over the puck and set up Martin was beautiful! - and who says physical hockey doesn't work? That was an absolute peach of a play!

Totally agree about Mo being passed it. I get that his role has changed, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to think we could definitely upgrade on him. In fact, I'm sure you could get a bigger, defensively responsible forward with a bit of grit and who will stick up for team mates which would add another element to our forward lineup. You can argue he makes good blocks (which is true) etc. but how do you know another player wouldn't have impacted the game a bit more so that we never went to OT in the first place?? He's got to be up there with one of the first players I'd replace to be honest, but I think we will keep him till he decides its time to retire because of his friendship with Lord!

All the stuff of a rift in the dressing room is people making assumptions (just like me here) - all I do know is that Micky and Faryna leaving were totally separate incidents. We all know why Parisi and Blood left, so as far as I can see, we've just been unfortunate and lost a couple of players like teams do most seasons. I don't think there's anything to see here in that respect. As a side note, I wouldn't be totally surprised if Faryna signs somewhere closer to home...

RTfarty

Have a look at the video at 3.18 and tell me what the delayed penalty was for. I have played it back 5 times and still cant't see that Myers did anything. Was the ref hallucinating.?
It is difficult to make out at first on the video but he was holding the stick, had a clear view of it at the game. Was a bit of a soft call akin to some of the slashing and hooking penalties that get called now (EIHL all the way up to NHL).. but rules are rules.

Slartibartfast

It is difficult to make out at first on the video but he was holding the stick, had a clear view of it at the game. Was a bit of a soft call akin to some of the slashing and hooking penalties that get called now (EIHL all the way up to NHL).. but rules are rules.
Thanks. Was it a split second hold.? Just wondering why it was so hard to spot on the video