Devils Vs Flames - 22 Feb 20 - League

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Devils 'welcome' the flames to the bay on Saturday night. After suffering an away defeat less than a week ago in Guildford hopefully we can repay the favour.

Devilsatw

Steelers fans claiming the league is bent simply because Dean smiths reffing his third game in a row for us devils.

But only 2 weeks ago everything was irrelevant because they was going to win the league.

You got to laugh haven't you

Mazzoak

The only way an official can help us is if he picks up a stick, puts one or two in the back of the net.
Home advantage, talented team, best coach in the country, should be a doddle.

BostonBart22

Steelers fans claiming the league is bent simply because Dean smiths reffing his third game in a row for us devils.

But only 2 weeks ago everything was irrelevant because they was going to win the league.

You got to laugh haven't you
I believe they had andy carson as a homer ref years ago helping them win leagues...lol

Pope#42

What a game. And well done Batchy! He was my MOM tonight - not only for the fight but for a great assist.
Couldn’t see the Dixon hit from where I was sitting but it sounded bad. Will have to wait and see the call from DOPS

jimmy snels

so moaning all week paid off! most exciting game in at least a month for me with hitting, fast paced, aggressive hockey. Who ever decided to wind the clock back well done.

dixons hit was a bad one. fact no one in the rink complained when he was ejected spoke volumes. i expect a 3 game ban.

jardine morrisonn and richie were big at the back tonight. forwards will take plaudits but those lads played insanely well.

jenks33

Mosey could be huge for us in the run in. We’ve been crying out for somebody (other than the usual suspects) to chip in with more points and Mosey is certainly doing his best so far.
What a huge game tomorrow night. Would be a big statement if we managed to pick up two points, Coventry are playing very well at the moment.

Wannabe2

Mosey could be huge for us in the run in. We’ve been crying out for somebody (other than the usual suspects) to chip in with more points and Mosey is certainly doing his best so far.
What a huge game tomorrow night. Would be a big statement if we managed to pick up two points, Coventry are playing very well at the moment.
Spot on dude, Mosey was immense tonight and could be that spark that kicks this team into top gear.

august04

That was much better and the increased physicality is clearly the best way to counter the speed of Guildford. There’s a great little rivalry building up between Devils and Flames, and they’re generally very entertaining games. I thought Bowns played very well, particularly in the first period but it was a much improved performance all round. I’d like to see the Dixon hit again but my first reaction was that he was out of the game and we’d be missing him for at least a couple of games. It looked a bad hit and if he doesn’t get further punishment, the conspiracy theorists will have a field day! Despite it being a good win and a fine performance, I still can’t get my head around Reddick in for Louis, especially when he barely got on in the third. I just don’t get that one, never will.

Diablo3

I'm not convinced Louis is a healthy scratch, I reckon he is carrying a knock. Mosey is on fire at the moment, had him down for our MOM, but then Bownsy had a good game too. we had a solid 60 minutes and let's hope we do the same tomorrow..

I've really disliked the way we've been playing recently, got to say this game had everything I've been missing. Big shoutout to batch, did what a lot of fans have been calling for, Baldwin might think twice next time he feels he can take liberties against us, also batch was my mom, played well and set up a nice goal, it's the first time in a while I think we played a full 60 mins, entertained, Finnished checks and defended as a unit. I'm the first to moan about the team when they play bad, tonight I'm happy to finally have my team back, long may it continue. On a side note well done to the third team on the ice, the officials also had a decent game

Eynonz

I really enjoyed watching that one. I think we defended well considering all the penalty time we had against us, and our physical presence was great.

First game in a long time i've felt good about the team. Dixon hit was bad and I thought we would miss him for the rest of the game but surprisingly held up well. Defence was solid, especially the Jardine/Morrisson line. Bownsy had a good game also.
It's been great to have Mosey back too, didn't think he would have that much of an impact when he came back but 4 points in 4 games? Can't go wrong with it.