Devils Vs Flames - 08 Mar 19 - League

Ger-Devils

Massive W against arguably the fastest team in the league. They were fresh and the first 15 I was concerned but we rode it out and ended the period on top. Few key wrong decisions by the flames especially the player on his own out in front with Bowns with a touch too many cost them but at the same time, Ben went down but still managed to get the pad out to deny the low shot.

Just keep winning our games simple as that. Don’t worry about anyone else.

For those who are at the games just keep bringing the noise and back that team.

Having everyone contribute is massive for us as at times some teams rely on maybe 5/6 guys to put up points and pressure tells

fridaysfingers

I can't believe that in such a tight 1-0 game at this stage of the season anybody would want a player to take such an irresponsible penalty. As Finny has said, retribution was taken in the best way, by scoring on the pp.
It's not something we've done all season and it hasn't done us too bad and I'm sure it's something Andrew Lord preaches and instills into the team

Hedd Wyn John

I can't believe that in such a tight 1-0 game at this stage of the season anybody would want a player to take such an irresponsible penalty. As Finny has said, retribution was taken in the best way, by scoring on the pp.
It's not something we've done all season and it hasn't done us too bad and I'm sure it's something Andrew Lord preaches and instills into the team
Agreed, in such a tight game & with such a tight title race you want to keep your players out of the bin & capitalise every time on the PP.

BostonBart22

I know it’s not this current devils teams style and don’t ever want to see us turn into Manchester Goons. However imo Fourns is our MVP player. To put such a late hit in on our my MVP should’ve provoked a response. Then King started performing again once out the box and nothing was done.

Not sure if it’s just me looking back with nostalgia but I do miss Faryna. He never went looking for it but if he did see something he didn’t like, he’d drop the gloves straight away. At the minute unless Big Lou drops the gloves no one does.

This is just one fan nit picking a minor issue, in the grand scheme of things we’re in a great position on and off the ice.
spot on there...remember the hit on mosey , and who steps up Ulmer which should never had happened with others on the ice better equipped to deal with it...

CaldicotDevil

Agreed, in such a tight game & with such a tight title race you want to keep your players out of the bin & capitalise every time on the PP.
Like I said it’s a minor nit picking thing. Winnings above all is the main priority for all of us; lord, the team, owners and the fans. IMO it just hurts your pride a bit when your best players takes a cheap shot, in your own barn and doesn’t get called out for it.

voth26

First player in was Duggan i believe, pope was ambling off the ice....say no more
I sit in block 5 and had a good view Pope was on the ice and had a grip on a flames player, sorry but your comments about Pope ambling off the ice are wrong. Maybe time to cut the guy some slack? For me he's contributing in games by fighting for possession, throwing hits and looking for the puck