Devils Vs Flames - 01 Jan 19 - League

voth26

Close game again, officials were pretty good to be fair there was a good mix of fast and physical hockey last night. 2nd period I think we went to sleep a bit and allowed Guildford to game some momentum, I watched Ben Davies last night he's still the same greedy player he was I thought the 2 minute misconduct was a selfish penalty cost the flames the opportunity of playing 6 on 5 hockey. Roll on to Manchester

CaldicotDevil

Another huge shift by Dixon yesterday. He's been a fantastic signing this year which has gone a little bit under the radar because he's sharing a line with Linglet (Who IMO is easily the best player in league).

Dixon works his socks off every shift, Hits hard, puts up decent numbers and strong on the PK. It's too early to talk about recruitment for next year but if I was Lord he'd be near the top of my recruitment list.

hip check

Very enjoyable game between two well matched teams and another two points for us.
Linglet, what a class player he is, makes skating and puck handling look like a stroll in the park, love Dixon's tenacity and hard nosed game as well...great entertainment.
Looking forward to the Manchester game on Sat when hopefully Haddad will be icing for us.

Gospel

Important win last night and a valuable 2pts but still a lot to work on.

Still some sloppy play in our own D zone trying to make miracle passes and they are getting cut out and last night we were not punished but we cant keep doing that. We also seem to be losing track of players as we skate back and there were a few occasions were there was a Flames player all alone but didnt capitalize. Dont know whether this is down to poor communication on the ice or

Pope was trying to smash everyone with big hits but he missed everyone of them from what i could see.

9 wins out of the last 12 league games is a very good return. Games until the end of the season will be very interesting especially the 2 double headers against the Giants. We also still have 4 games left against the Steelers!

Gazza272

Did wonder if Flames were deliberately running Bownsy knowing there was a junior backup...

Highlights here, love the ref cam, really gives a brilliant perspective of the action. Hopefully here to stay @Gazza272?

https://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/highlights-devils-new-years-day-win-over-flames/

They are a lovely addition aren't they?

At the moment we haven't had chance to ask all officials if they are comfortable wearing them. So they won't be at every game at present.
But we are working on it :)

Gazr76

Linglet was just amazing last night. God he can play. His passing was sublime. Did you catch the on tape rocket pass that he produced whilst faciing and being practically pinned to the boards? How did he do that?! That snap shot goal. So quick. Poetry in motion.