Devils Vs Clan - Play-off 1/4 Finals - 23/24 April 22

E.D.S.

The refereeing during the playoffs is always frustrating. It’s the same every year. No idea how players know where they stand. They are held to a standard all season then come the playoffs the refs put their whistles away. It was the same last night. Then they randomly call a soft one that they haven’t called all game.

Samael

Well its a good thing l dont gamble, l was predicting us with a scoreline like tonight's Dundee game (congrats to them) and shuff having a 2 or 3 nil game.

Well done to the team, now do it again but better next week please.

Pembo

Fair play, overall league quality a bit down this season but not a single blowout in the quarters, such close games, exciting/excruciating just like sport should be! Hope the finals weekend can keep the drama going to the finish.

Finny

Clan fans were cheering every hit by their players and calling for a penalty every time we threw a hit.

Referees let a lot go. Dixon‘s pen looked v harsh but the pen that led to our goal looked pretty obvious.

Not the best of games, but we did just enough to get the win.
Thought Clan edged the first but the more the game went on the more it looked like they were trying to hang on to the one goal lead.
To be honest the game summed up our season. We struggled to create any clear chances and Clan did well to keep us on the outside and restrict us to long range chances.
Powerplay is completely different though and we scored that vital goal with our one chance.
Once the game opened up again we looked more dangerous, playing on the quick counter-attack and that was how we scored the winner.

Over the two legs I’d say we deserved it.

Devil94

Seems like some wanted us to lose tonight, terrified of the idea of Dupont as coach. A very strange mindset to have.

A very good road game, to shut them out at home in such a pressure game is a hell of an effort. A few defence lapses yesterday for their goals, but today we shut them out. Enough said. 1 powerplay 1 goal. Credit to the boys for that effort.

As far as officiating, it wasn't what was called, it was what wasn't. Refs seemed to forget their whistles in the car. I noticed Perring called the penalty on Dixon end of the second, a very harsh one considering what was let go beforehand. Dixon was protesting to Hogarth, and Hogarth seemed to sympathise with him. Then in the 3rd Hogarth gave them a soft boarding call to even it up, and we score. Fine margins.

jenks33

Maybe Dupont is in with a chance then. I still think he has to win the play offs or at least put up a great fight in the final. I’ve heard that he’s well liked and respected in the dressing room, although half of these players probably won’t be back next season. If Dan Ceman is available he must be a strong favourite

moggy#9

Maybe Dupont is in with a chance then. I still think he has to win the play offs or at least put up a great fight in the final. I’ve heard that he’s well liked and respected in the dressing room, although half of these players probably won’t be back next season. If Dan Ceman is available he must be a strong favourite
The new coach must be experienced. For all the issues with skalde, he was obviously knowledgeable and had a bag of tricks for powerplays and when we pulled the goalie. I've not seen anything from Dupont to suggest that he has a massive range of tactics or puts fire in the bellies of the team.

Mazzoak

Of course he’s in with a chance, he was brought in as player coach and remained in a coaching role after playing like an amateur, so Todd rates him because most coaches would’ve canned him for his antics on the ice. He’s probably a lot cheaper than Skalde, does everything Todd says and gives good interviews. So yeah either Todd has a mate lined up or Dupont is in.

jenks33

The new coach must be experienced. For all the issues with skalde, he was obviously knowledgeable and had a bag of tricks for powerplays and when we pulled the goalie. I've not seen anything from Dupont to suggest that he has a massive range of tactics or puts fire in the bellies of the team.
I agree with you. I’d go for somebody more experienced and I don’t think Dupont will get the job. I’m probably less certain than I was a couple of days ago that he won’t get it tho.

jenks33

Of course he’s in with a chance, he was brought in as player coach and remained in a coaching role after playing like an amateur, so Todd rates him because most coaches would’ve canned him for his antics on the ice. He’s probably a lot cheaper than Skalde, does everything Todd says and gives good interviews. So yeah either Todd has a mate lined up or Dupont is in.
I don’t think he’d have been in with a chance had we lost tonight tho. I know you’ll disagree with that but there we go