Devils Vs Clan - Play-off 1/4 Finals - 23/24 April 22

rolf

Now we will discover what the acting coach Dupont is made of. Can he lift this team to produce tomorrow to prolong the season or will he be lost to the ambulance following this Road crash of a season as some have described it? I have already called 999 just in case. I think he will need one sadly.

terry hunt

Still in it then. Potentially only 24 hours until I get to really vent about how I feel about some of these players :) Joking aside I wish the boys all the best tomorrow and I really hope we do it. But Christ there’s a lot to dislike about some of these players…
I am shocked Jenks and me thinking you were supercool and analytical

Devil94

Think the only team that needs to worry about a long journey tomorrow is ours.:( Miracles do happen though. Good luck to our Guys do your best.
Yes I was surprised by the decision to play home tonight, and now in reality I'm more convinced its wrong. We basically gave Glasgow a lovely welcome, morning skate, an extra night in the hotel. Where as if we played home tomorrow, Glasgow would basically come off the plane and straight to the rink. So would we of course, but for us playing at home the transition and adjustment would be much easier.

Glasgow took the travel element out of it by coming a day early. That was seen as the advantage of playing home first. Now we have to go there and chase the game, which is of course harder to do away from home and after a travel day. Even if we had a lead, going there and try to keep them out would be more difficult too.

I hope there there was a hockey reason to play at home first, instead of "selling more beer" etc, but I'm struggling to find one..

august04 2.0

That game just summed up the season for me. I thought we played great in the first period but then were bloody awful in the second. This team has been so inconsistent, we really don’t know what we're getting from game to game. We still have a chance but it will be tough up there tomorrow. Great to see Fournier in the building, let’s hope he signed a contract for next year while he was here.

pjj365

Think the only team that needs to worry about a long journey tomorrow is ours.:( Miracles do happen though. Good luck to our Guys do your best.
I don't know whether it's good or bad but in his post game interview DuPont said they are going up,tonight

jenks33

That game just summed up the season for me. I thought we played great in the first period but then were bloody awful in the second. This team has been so inconsistent, we really don’t know what we're getting from game to game. We still have a chance but it will be tough up there tomorrow. Great to see Fournier in the building, let’s hope he signed a contract for next year while he was here.
Fournier was there was he? I Didn’t see him. It’s getting to the stage where it’s going to be a surprise if he’s not back next year.
Very Frustrating tonight wasn’t it.

OJLloyd

Well, that was frustrating.

Some award winners decided to do their best to make sure they don’t win anymore tonight.

Three stupid goals conceded, outshooting them by so much, and apparently being completely unable to hit the back of the net when it looks more difficult to miss.

Thought there should have been a call on the hit from behind on a Waller - looked like that could have been a major boarding call. Waller saved himself, and that seems to have saved the Clan player.

All in all, good first period, atrocious second, and a third period where we turned up for maybe half of it.

Feel pretty meh about that. Here’s hoping we don’t pull out the standard Scotland trip tomorrow.

Having said all that, what an evening of results in the playoffs. Dundee looking to spoil the orange party…

Earnie

I listened to the interview twice - I don’t think he actually said ’tonight’.
Mind you there was an Edwards Coach outside when we departed!!

ASHIPP

Would it suit the team to travel tonight? Are they getting a late flight or a long coach journey? Morning nap and then skate? Trying to avoid a game immediately after bus legs.

Haven't been alot this season.
But, I thought the searching for the perfect goal had stopped when Lord left !
Defensively we looked constantly panicked.

Great going forward tbh! Clan nettie is a great first time shot stopper, but we never got to the second attempt.

Hoping the clan first line is tired after all that ice time !

matbur

All in all, good first period, atrocious second, and a third period where we turned up for maybe half of it.

A pretty fair assessment of the game right there!

A marginal deficit but can Glasgow play that well again tomorrow and will we be that patchy again? Personally, I think we'll come through ok.

Quick side note, we forgot one of our season tickets tonight. I explained to the guys on the door: no problem just explain at the desk and they'll sort it. As I was already in, I could easily have not bothered and just walked straight through but thought it's best to be honest. I told the woman on the desk, who informed me I needed to pay £5 for a piece of cardboard with a temporary pass!! Sure, it's only a fiver but what an absolute rip-off, on the final game of the season in which we've spent plenty in the arena on game days. It took her all over 30 seconds to do and it really left a bad taste. So much for customer service. Really shitty.

BostonBart22

Best atmosphere all season especially first period, shoudve been 3 or 4 up end first, but dont know what dupont said to the players in first break but it was the worst period by devils this season, defence was shite ,got to the point i thought harry maguire was on D, all puck watching in front of net while clan were buzzing around our net, hope to pull it back tonight but need to improve by 99% to claw this back, looked like some of our players were already sunning themselves on a beach, hope to be wrong here but a 4...2 loss for me, but strange things happen in sport, bet skalde was loving that result, heard he is still in cardiff, off to nottingham was mentioned last night, good riddance i say..

Samael

Belfast must be relishing these results. Can you imagine if both us and Sheffield get knocked out now!!

Poor performance last night against a team who want it more and dare l say it are better coached/motivated than us. We CAN turn it around in their barn but l don't think we will. We'll see, either way this has been a season of frustration and dissapointment and l'm glad it's almost done.

Pembo

First period wasn’t perfect but reminded me of why I fell in love with the Devils. High intensity, physical, aggressive on the ice IAW was properly loud. Most striking thing about the game was the momentum shift when we conceded. Confidence appears to suck out of the team after conceding rather than galvanising them into a reaction, this was especially noticeable in the second period where we were poor, nervousness crept into the team and the arena in a way perhaps that feels symptomatic of the season, feel like the players and crowd have seen this scenario multiple time this year. Coughler sitting for 5 minutes for fighting blunted our offence at the wrong time. True to this season’s trend we managed to focus and get more direct again at the death. Glad it’s only 1 goal, big test of character coming tonight, we need more production from all lines rather than just looking to the CCS line to bail us out.