Devils Vs Clan - 14 Dec 18 - CC 1/4 Final

Mazzoak

I fully agree with Lord on a few points, one in particular. The EIHL in terms of quality has moved, we have players with proven quality, who are now coasting, one particular person in the organisation is looking out of his depth.
It is time for our style of game to change with the league, rumours I’ve heard is that lines between coach and management are somewhat fluid, straining and become almost unworkable and has been since the Bordy debacle.

Hedd Wyn John

We were certainly more solid on D with Blood. He played with consistency and to such a high level he was taken on by a bigger team. I’d say some of our defensive issues are linked to him leaving for sure.
Blood is a part of it but remember Hotham & Strachan left last year & were the backbone of our D. Parisi was a replacement but never iced. I’d also like to point out the lack of hunger, the lack of compete. Last season the Devils in most games chased every puck like their lives depended on it, they had huge compete & hustle out on the ice. Even when the results didn’t always go their way. This season since October several players look lethargic & lacklustre out there. As Lordo said you can’t play 25 mins of hockey & win, so many games now the Devils have only woken up in the last period. That’s almost a certain route to defeat at this level.

Time for my opinion. For what it matters.
First and foremost. We are fans, we do not know the ins and outs of the team. And I am sure the management are as frustrated as we are. Poor performances are bad for business.
Lots of people are calling for a Faryna replacement - yep I agree. But the problems run deeper than that. One player won’t make the team. We need our current players to step up.
We are failing physically - we are being pushed off the puck so easily, and other teams are faster than us.
We are giving the opposition so much time and space on the ice, no wonder Bowns is letting some in, all the Devils are scrummed in front of him.
We’ve clearly got the talent, but we’re just not firing on all cylinders.
Other teams have worked us out. And there just simply seeems to be no plan b.
Confidence plays a huge part in sport - let’s hope the Devils are working on this. For all we know. They may be getting sports physologists already!
We CAN turn this around. I will turn up week in week out. And I don’t mind losing, if we played a great game with determination. But if the players are not turning up, neither will a section of the fans. Which in turn is less money for the club, and less to spend on players etc.
LETS GO DEVILS

BostonBart22

Pretty piss poor all round...rink half full ...that's why no atmosphere to get the players pumped up as Lord is not pumping them up before games..why oh why weren't tickets 5.00 all round..rink would've been buzzing I'm sure..can't see new players now as the returns on a semi with Nottingham could've raked in 50000 plus...on to the players ...no names but at least 12 won't be back next season...

Hedd Wyn John

Pretty piss poor all round...rink half full ...that's why no atmosphere to get the players pumped up as Lord is not pumping them up before games..why oh why weren't tickets 5.00 all round..rink would've been buzzing I'm sure..can't see new players now as the returns on a semi with Nottingham could've raked in 50000 plus...on to the players ...no names but at least 12 won't be back next season...
12 not returning? That’s a whole season to rebuild by the sound of it.

Hockeymad

LORD knows the problems he has stated them in his interviews the last 6 weeks,

So why oh why isn’t he doing something about it??

Every interview he has he says
“certain players are not turning up”
“We are only playing 30mins not 60mins”

Well tell them ship up or shape out simple as that,

But he ain’t got a set of balls to do it,

No balls at all, that’s the problem. Talk is cheap and guys know it with Lordo. Or maybe letting Faryna and Kemp go as they were not his ‘boys’ is where the problem highlights more!

bb1

I really think Lord has been a superb coach and brought us more than we could have asked for. However is he getting found out now?

Yes we all love winning and trophies but from an entertainment point of view the best and most enjoyable season was the 1st under our new ownership. A group of unproven guys who had a great bond and fought tooth and nail for each other. Seasons since have still been enjoyable but this season so far is becoming disastrous.

The post regarding Faryna and Lord altercation may well just be rumor and a load of rubbish HOWEVER.....Lord has a history of not getting on with character guys. Mychan, Hendrix and Bordy all seemed to not fit in at times. These are the typer of guys that are the heartbeat of the team and could get things going. Year on year we are seeing less of these type players which for me is sad.

Batch has always had huge potential but seems like he doesnt want to throw hits or get involved in much.....fear of making a mistake and getting benched?...who knows.

Lords interview states he has given a lot as a player which is SPOT ON however is he letting his guys do the same or has he recruited badly....either way the blame has to lie with him.

For what its worth I still believe we can win this league but a shake up is needed ASAP.

Devils86

Where to start? (By that I mean with some of these comments not the hockey - I’ll leave that to Lord and TK as they know infinitely more than I do)

Seeing comments about how we picked Glan and we can’t beat them and it’s come back to bite us - that’s how the current version of the CC works - at the time of the pick Clan were one of the obvious second picks. You don’t pick the toughest opponent because you want to get through. In the following period of time we have continued our slump and Clan have taken advantage of that over 2 games.

Apparently some fans are back to levelling abuse on social media at players again - the Bownsy and Reddick videos being forgotten quickly then!

Some very choice words from Lord in his interview - look forward to seeing the full thing. I think that some posters are right in that someone might get gassed, but maybe when a new face arrives.

However saying Lord doesn’t have the balls to do it? Hisjudgment has been pretty good for the last howmany seasons so I’ll trust that he will handle it.

TBH I was thinking prior to the match yesterday that maybe we saw a purple patch of form earlier in the season due to a great “CHL Pre-Season” and other teams carrying spares and still gelling at the time - and that maybe the recent slump is actually where we are at. But I don’t think that’s the case - we are going through a rough time at present, that’s all. What is clear however is that something needs to be done to jolt the room back to how things were. The longer this goes on the more emphatic whatever that jolt is has to be.

august04

Lord has never gassed a player. Players know that as well and too many are taking this club for a ride at the moment or are just not good enough. It’s been going on for weeks, we can all see it. So why is nothing done about it? I’m afraid he’s got his favourites and they’re untouchable.

Rich Best

Let's have some faith. The fact that we have stuck with players has served us well. Can anyone genuinely say that has been bad for us over the last 4 years?!

Fans on here would have gassed Ulmer a couple of years ago, then he went and ripped the league up after Xmas and scored the CC winning goal.

Fans on here would have gassed Reddick and Pope last year, and these guys were instrumental in winning the league and play offs.

Let's just have some faith. The management team will put this right, if not this year then next. No one has a right to win everything every year, there are so many small factors that go into winning including confidence and a bit of luck. Some of these things you can influence, but not control.

august04

No problem sticking with players.....if they’re still producing the goods. Too many on this team aren’t at the moment and in truth, haven’t been for some time. You either do something about and have a chance of turning this season around or continue to do nothing and start getting knocked out of competitions, as is happening. Take a look around the arena at games - crowds are dwindling week by week, people are bored stiff watching a load of dross, there’s no atmosphere or excitement right now and we’ve just lost potentially a shed load of money from being knocked out of the CC. Or continue to bury your head in the sand and say all is well.

RedDevil17

Let's have some faith. The fact that we have stuck with players has served us well. Can anyone genuinely say that has been bad for us over the last 4 years?!

Fans on here would have gassed Ulmer a couple of years ago, then he went and ripped the league up after Xmas and scored the CC winning goal.

Fans on here would have gassed Reddick and Pope last year, and these guys were instrumental in winning the league and play offs.

Let's just have some faith. The management team will put this right, if not this year then next. No one has a right to win everything every year, there are so many small factors that go into winning including confidence and a bit of luck. Some of these things you can influence, but not control.
Jesus Christ I know you’re a happy clapper but cmon you’re starting to sound worse than Wannabe and that’s saying something! Pretty sure we have still shown faith in the team by selling out most games, shame the players can’t be arsed to play! I can think of a few who have performed poorly or not up to the required standard I expect for a championship winning team over the last four years or just in general atm (Morissette, Pope just to name a few!). Wouldn’t exactly call Reddick or Pope instrumental in us winning trophies either tbh. Most people wanted them gone at the start because they were playing shocking and at that time we were coming off a challenge cup and league winning team.

Fans thought they were downgrades and I still think they are compared to what we had a few years ago. Pope is just lazy and Reddick’s DEFENSIVE ability is appalling. Going forward he’s above average. Hedden has been crap as of late and so has our so called captain! 5 points in 23 or something games for Morrisette and he’s an import. Duggan is playing better than a few imports and he’s only been here a few weeks with limited ice time! In regards to showing faith, pretty sure we’ve shown faith by selling out the rink each week as I’ve previously mentioned. Pretty sure we’ve shown faith by buying season tickets. Pretty sure we’ve shown faith by almost selling out a midweek non season ticket game. Pretty sure all of that is showing faith! Truth is we all support the club in different ways. At times players deserve criticism and sometimes they will be praised. Tonight they should rightfully receive criticism especially after blowing a 3 goal aggregate lead at home and then conceding 6 at home to a team who we picked! We’re being mocked on social media just so you know...we’re out of the challenge cup in the QUARTER FINAL!

Last edited:

Rich Best

Jesus Christ I know you’re a happy clapper but cmon you’re starting to sound worse than Wannabe and that’s saying something! Pretty sure we have still shown faith in the team by selling out most games, shame the players can’t be arsed to play! I can think of a few who have performed poorly or not up to the required standard I expect for a championship winning team over the last four years or just in general atm (Morissette, Pope just to name a few!). Wouldn’t exactly call Reddick or Pope instrumental in us winning trophies either tbh. Most people wanted them gone at the start because they were playing shocking and at that time we were coming off a challenge cup and league winning team.

Fans thought they were downgrades and I still think they are compared to what we had a few years ago. Pope is just lazy and Reddick’s DEFENSIVE ability is appalling. Going forward he’s ok. Hedden has been crap as of late and so has our so called captain! 5 points in 23 games for Morrisette and he’s an import. Duggan is playing better than a few imports and he’s only been here a few weeks! In regards to showing faith, pretty sure we’ve shown faith by selling out the rink each week as I’ve previously mentioned. Pretty sure we’ve shown faith by buying season tickets. Pretty sure we’ve shown faith by almost selling out a midweek non season ticket game. Pretty sure all of that is showing faith! Truth is we all support the club in different ways. At times players deserve criticism and sometimes they will be praised. Tonight they should rightfully receive criticism especially after blowing a 3 goal aggregate lead at home and then conceding 6 at home to a team who we picked! We’re being mocked on social media just so you know...we’re out of the challenge cup in the QUARTER FINAL!
Show some faith in the owners and management team to put this right. Their decisions and actions have been excellent over the last 4 years. Do you agree or not?

zoesdevil

5 points in 23 games for Morrisette and he’s an import. Duggan is playing better than a few imports and he’s only been here a few weeks!
Duggan has 3 points in 15 games & Batch has 4 in 23 games on D. Not sure how Morissette isn't getting the points this season, as he was one of our best one on one finishers & penalty shot talet's, plus has the speed?!

RedDevil17

Show some faith in the owners and management team to put this right. Their decisions and actions have been excellent over the last 4 years. Do you agree or not?
This is a game thread about tonight! I’m talking about recently. I couldn’t care less about us winning a few years ago because all that is in the past. To think we’ve got worse with players who have better resumes. I’ve had faith all year but Lord isn’t gassing the underperforming players for whatever reason. At this point in time we were winning games which we haven’t been recently and it’s been poor performance after poor performance each and every week. One difference was we were still in the challenge cup and we had a team of players who could be arsed!