Devils Vs Clan - 14 Dec 18 - CC 1/4 Final

A repetitive thing with this team. lordo for the first time doesn’t seem to getting to grips with this team and we are not learning from mistakes from previous games. A very very disappointing night (no disrespect to Clan) being knocked out after leading 4-3 on agh and being at home against an 8th placed team. Not happy

jenks33

The Inferno gets a lot of stick on Twitter. Some of it is fair enough. But I always think most of the criticism is from people that just can't handle the Devils receiving criticism. They just wont have a bad word said against the devils. I don't get how people who have watched our home losses in the past 6 weeks don't agree that we are a pretty poor team at the moment. Particularly at home. We pick up points because we've got good players who produce individual moments of brilliance. Not because we're gelling as a team.
Anyway, a few things about tonight's game -
- First of all i'm a huge fan of Bownsy but he's a big issue at the moment. I'm quite happy with his form on the road but his confidence is so low at home. I just don't think our D have got any faith in him at present. In no way do I want Bowns replaced but I just cant see us seriously competing for anything with Bowns in this form. That 3rd Glasgow goal was a stinker and Bowns would never have conceded that last season.
- Why is Pope on the powerplay?! It was painful watching Pope on the PP tonight. He's so low on confidence I just don't know why he was out there
- Positive for me tonight was Haddad. I thought he was outstanding

Totally agree, I'd have Haddad on the ice as much as he could take/wants. Just flabbergasted as to our change in form, went from unplayable to not sure what to say in a blink of an eye. Lordo has a lot to think about..

Justtw

The Inferno gets a lot of stick on Twitter. Some of it is fair enough. But I always think most of the criticism is from people that just can't handle the Devils receiving criticism. They just wont have a bad word said against the devils. I don't get how people who have watched our home losses in the past 6 weeks don't agree that we are a pretty poor team at the moment. Particularly at home. We pick up points because we've got good players who produce individual moments of brilliance. Not because we're gelling as a team.
Anyway, a few things about tonight's game -
- First of all i'm a huge fan of Bownsy but he's a big issue at the moment. I'm quite happy with his form on the road but his confidence is so low at home. I just don't think our D have got any faith in him at present. In no way do I want Bowns replaced but I just cant see us seriously competing for anything with Bowns in this form. That 3rd Glasgow goal was a stinker and Bowns would never have conceded that last season.
- Why is Pope on the powerplay?! It was painful watching Pope on the PP tonight. He's so low on confidence I just don't know why he was out there
- Positive for me tonight was Haddad. I thought he was outstanding
Can’t agree more, there are times where I feel the criticism against certain players is too much but, this is the poorest I’ve seen our great team since Lordo took over..

bdevil

It’s no wonder we’re not gelling as a team because the team is constantly under maintenance. We haven’t had a settled roster since the season started what with injuries and departures.
It might be an unpopular opinion with some but I’d say personel changes are the last thing we need. Maybe one additional to replace faryna is but no more. Get this team settled and gelling again and we can be successful.
Challenge cup is over, but there’s still 3 to play for.
It’s no fun being a fan when your team is losing, I love winning more than anything, but it’s far from the end of the world

JT666

I love the Devils, and we’ve had some great characters over the years, but does anyone else find our current brand of hockey just a bit insipid? Undoubtedly successful, and probably a reflection of where ice hockey is going, but the odd close game aside I find it all a bit boring to be honest.

mjh

That was the worst performance I’ve seen live. They just seemed apathetic. I would have felt guilty if we’d won in OT as Glasgow were much hungrier and deserved the win. For me the D looks easy to score against at the mo especially on a breakaway. The offence doesn’t seem to be potent enough either. Hope Lordo can get them firing now as we only have the league and playoff pieces of silverware to play for. (Conference doesn’t count!)

Chris

Administrator
I love the Devils, and we’ve had some great characters over the years, but does anyone else find our current brand of hockey just a bit insipid? Undoubtedly successful, and probably a reflection of where ice hockey is going, but the odd close game aside I find it all a bit boring to be honest.
There seem to be a lot of similar comments being made on Twitter by fans across the board...

But I don't know what the club can do about that, if the wider landscape is changing and we don't change with it, we risk being left behind :/

jenks33

That was the worst performance I’ve seen live. They just seemed apathetic. I would have felt guilty if we’d won in OT as Glasgow were much hungrier and deserved the win. For me the D looks easy to score against at the mo especially on a breakaway. The offence doesn’t seem to be potent enough either. Hope Lordo can get them firing now as we only have the league and playoff pieces of silverware to play for. (Conference doesn’t count!)
Totally agree. We just look like we’re going through the motions. There’s nothing worse than losing to a less talented team that want it more. That’s happened 3 or 4 times recently. It’s inexcusable really

kingmo19.1

Bit too much tinkering for me in the off season. Yeah, I know everyone keeps banging on each year about upgrades but that can also be disruptive to what team spirit there is. Should have kept Asselin for sure and made more of an effort to secure Hotham.

A very disappointing evening
I expected a hard game but thought we would win by 2 or 3. The Clan came out all guns blazing and didn't stop for 60 minutes, congratulations to them

It seems that every team that comes into our building at the moment play like back to back champions and we don't
Lordo must be scratching his head at the moment, his first major headache of his coaching career

Special mention to Joey Haddad , tonight he was outstanding. Wish we had a team full of Joey's

august04

Frankly it’s the most boring hockey I’ve watched for some time apart from the odd piece of individual brilliance by Linglet, Martin and Fournier. We seem to just accept it because we’re told “that’s the way hockey is going” but I’ve seen plenty of hockey around the world this year where passion, guts and physicality are still to be seen in abundance. Maybe we think we’re too good to get stuck in? Well, message to the coaching and management team - we’re not!! The deficiencies in this team have been there for all to see for weeks and have not been addressed for whatever reason - and now we’ve been dumped out of the cup on home ice, by a decent, but by no means great, Clan team. Hugely disappointing.

Wannabe2

Well we got exactly what we deserved tonight Zilch, we started off second best, and finished second best,that game tonight was truly aweful. I feel so sorry for Certain players that are showing up, but the rest are dragging them down. Really do wish I hadn’t bothered.

kingmo19.1

Well we got exactly what we deserved tonight Zilch, we started off second best, and finished second best,that game tonight was truly aweful. I feel so sorry for Certain players that are showing up, but the rest are dragging them down. Really do wish I hadn’t bothered.
It must have been bad for you to have posted that. Have admired your almost constant positivity over the years, but I think we're all feeling the same way now. It's gotten boring, clynical and insipid. We think we can just play non-contact and out-skill teams. As August04 said above - we ain't good enough for that and its 100% true. We need to add a couple of players who can just mix things up a bit - Gratton was a good shout. Ho hum.