Devils vs Clan - 01 Dec 19 - League

jenks33

I’ve said for ages that I’d prefer to see Reddick as a forward and I hope he stays there. I don’t think it’s unfair to say that Reddick is a bit of a marmite player on the ice when it comes to the devils fan base. That’s on the ice, I think we can all agree that he’s a great bloke off the ice. In my opinion his lack of size is less of an issue up front. He gives 100% he’s a pest to play against and he’s got a goal in him. I really hope he stays there

Gazr76

So to all those who said there should be some player terminations here and new guys brought in: still feel the same way? I know a swallow doesnt make a summer, but just wondered.

Mazzoak

So to all those who said there should be some player terminations here and new guys brought in: still feel the same way? I know a swallow doesnt make a summer, but just wondered.
l stand by my writing.

You play what you see. Hindsight isn’t much use when performance and time is against you. Kept players may well perform, l can’t prove bringing in changes would have improved the team, anymore than you can state keeping players was the right move.
The season doesn’t get won in late November, still many games to play, several still haven’t shown any consistency, with performance levels lower than their potential. That goes for Devils players and several other teams. When everyone gets on top of these issues, the league may then show who the real front runners are, until then, it’s anyone’s.

There is no right or wrong, we are all simple fans engaging on a forum, at least trying too.

Wagstaff

I can’t help but notice the amount of praise that is being given to the Brits this weekend, we run three full lines and one of those is Brits that play big minutes week in week out, Ferrara is a big player for us, I can’t help but think that when a game starts against you, Andrew Lord chases the game using the big names and the Brits are used sparingly almost that he doesn’t trust them to do the business and your higher paid players will. We don’t have the luxury of 4 lines and have no choice but to rely on our Brits and they are played equally with the import lines and mixed into those lines.
Hopefully this weekend will show the value of the lads, I’d have Josh Batch on the ice for every minute he could play, I’d rate him as GBs best D man and a good utility guy to put onto special teams.

ASHIPP

I can’t help but notice the amount of praise that is being given to the Brits this weekend, we run three full lines and one of those is Brits that play big minutes week in week out, Ferrara is a big player for us, I can’t help but think that when a game starts against you, Andrew Lord chases the game using the big names and the Brits are used sparingly almost that he doesn’t trust them to do the business and your higher paid players will. We don’t have the luxury of 4 lines and have no choice but to rely on our Brits and they are played equally with the import lines and mixed into those lines.
Hopefully this weekend will show the value of the lads, I’d have Josh Batch on the ice for every minute he could play, I’d rate him as GBs best D man and a good utility guy to put onto special teams.
Surely Russell cannot ignore Josh's performances this year. He is having a stormer as a forward. Big body, huge reach, great on the pk, grit and aggression, can play forward or defence. Other than Evan Mosey, Russell will not find a more unique and versatile player for Team GB.

BTW, Luke Ferrara is a fine young player who has simply grown into his role as a key Brit. Would love to see him in the Devils' ranks to supplement the goal scoring.

Rich Best

l stand by my writing.

You play what you see. Hindsight isn’t much use when performance and time is against you. Kept players may well perform, l can’t prove bringing in changes would have improved the team, anymore than you can state keeping players was the right move.
The season doesn’t get won in late November, still many games to play, several still haven’t shown any consistency, with performance levels lower than their potential. That goes for Devils players and several other teams. When everyone gets on top of these issues, the league may then show who the real front runners are, until then, it’s anyone’s.

There is no right or wrong, we are all simple fans engaging on a forum, at least trying too.

I think you're back tracking here. Stand by your guns. If you think we need new players to be successful this year, stand by that! You are welcome to that opinion. And us 'happy clappers' will stand by our belief in the management teams belief in this group of players challenging for honours (again).

For God sake don't back track though...

Mazzoak

Theres a term l once heard relating to immigrants, here l think it relates, and that is they come hungry. It’s pretty much the same, they’ve got something to prove,so maybe they put more effort in.

For a coach to not use every player it’s pretty poor coaching.......sorry but it is.

Mazzoak

I think you're back tracking here. Stand by your guns. If you think we need new players to be successful this year, stand by that! You are welcome to that opinion. And us 'happy clappers' will stand by our belief in the management teams belief in this group of players challenging for honours (again).

For God sake don't back track though...
Not back tracking at all........