Devils VS Blaze - SAT 6 FEB 2016 / 7:00PM - Chat

Skippy

Thread starter #1

We've reached that point in the season where I feel like I've seen Brian Stewart and Cale Tanaka more than alot of people I consider as friends.. so here we go again part number lots its Devils V's Blaze.

As excellent webcast will be available at http://www.icetime.tv and it's rather good, so if you're not going have a look, its also worth looking for them on Youtube for interviews and features.

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206.

Does anyone know why the sponsors lounge was emptied by the stewards tonight, and the occupants led out?

Strange game, it's just seemed to..........happen??? Anyway good two points eventually when we went up a gear in the third, to me it didn't look like we used up too much energy either for tomorrow's game, I can't actually remember one of our players making a hit

2 more points in the bag and braehead lost which I think now negates their games in hand over us

Jonesy83

BBW said:
Does anyone know why the sponsors lounge was emptied by the stewards tonight, and the occupants led out?
I was sat back row in block 9 right at that end by the sponsors lounge. A bunch of young lads (about 10), probably early to mid 20s, most of them were well on their way to being pretty drunk and they starting to get a bit rowdy, they had 2 warnings I think for different things. It looked like a couple were messing around wrestling at the start of the 3rd period that led to them being led out. They only turned up at the start of the 2nd period and had clearly had a few beers before hand.

Kal

Jonesy83 said:
BBW said:
I was sat back row in block 9 right at that end by the sponsors lounge. A bunch of young lads (about 10), probably early to mid 20s, most of them were well on their way to being pretty drunk and they starting to get a bit rowdy, they had 2 warnings I think for different things. It looked like a couple were messing around wrestling at the start of the 3rd period that led to them being led out. They only turned up at the start of the 2nd period and had clearly had a few beers before hand.
I'm pretty sure they were sat in block 5 in the 1st period and were moved over as they were getting rowdy and getting in peoples way over there.

august04

Jonesy83 said:
BBW said:
They started off in block 5, drinking from the start of the game. Got rowdier as the first period came to an end, at which point Devils staff moved them out of the block and into the sponsors lounge area which was empty - just to get them away from the public in block 5 I think. I don't know the name of the female Devils staff member, but she handled their removal from block 5 very well indeed. Obviously, it seems they must have carried on their drunken antics in the lounge which I assume led to them being removed. I alluded to it another thread earlier today, seeing more of gangs of lads like these on the pop at Devils games, which I think the club needs to be careful about. It's all well and good attracting new fans but not at the expense of current fans, who go to watch the game and might be put off by people who just seem intent on getting bladdered!

ASHIPP

For me two game changing moments:

Bownsey saved that one on one in p2 at 2-2

3rd goal , scored by Mo was one of the best goals seen at the BBT in recent years. He was literally flying along the wing and the puck was flying too_One continuous movement.

A very very important 2 points tonight. Devils composed themselves in p3, driven on by that awesome atmosphere.

BBT sweated for some parts of the game though..Blaze the better team in p2.

august04

A great 2 points but I didn't think the Devils played particularly well tonight. I wouldn't be sitting out Hendrikx either. He gives everything for this team, looks after his teammates and lays his body on the line every game. There's still one or two forwards who don't come anywhere near his levels of commitment and effort game after game and they'd be sitting out ahead of the likes of Hendrikx for me every time. I would prefer to keep our D partnerships intact, get Culligan back to his regular forward shift and rotate the likes of Russell, Salters, Kurka and Doucet. I'm afraid it seems the writing is in the wall for Hendrikx with the IAW move also, which is a shame. And I'd still prefer to see the Lord, Morrissette and Martin line reunited. We'll need to play much better tomorrow night against the Giants.

Funny old game. Largely forgettable for 2 and a bit periods apart from salters assist. Quiter atmosphere and zero physicality for most of the game. Coventry seemed to disrupt the devils and threw them way off stride for long periods. Thought we were done after thry killed off the major including the 5 on 3. Having said that the end was fun. valabik was a non entity although his attempt to intimidate salters in a full face cage was funny. Also chuckled at nobles tantrum. I thought hed be a d@ck based on previous conduct. Instead he was like the little engine that could...but never quite got there...

backrow

august04, Culli playing defense tonight made 1 miscue all night and that was an icing. He used his speed well to hustle back and make a good first pass to help the breakout all game long. I don't think the Blaze had one good scoring chance any time he was on the ice.

He certainly can't match Hendrix's physicality though.

august04

backrow said:
august04, Culli playing defense tonight made 1 miscue all night and that was an icing. He used his speed well to hustle back and make a good first pass to help the breakout all game long. I don't think the Blaze had one good scoring chance any time he was on the ice.

He certainly can't match Hendrix's physicality though.
My post wasn't meant as a criticism of Culligan, far from it. He's a very fine all round player, who I wouldn't sit out under any circumstances - but I'd rather see him playing forward, with Hendrikx paired with Batch on D.

backrow

I didn't really take it as a criticism but I just wanted to point out that Culli had a very effective game on D.

I think the coaching staff feels that his quickness, vision and passing are real assets against the forechecking of certain teams. His last game on D was in the shutout in Nottingham.

I'm pretty sure he just wants to play to help the team win.

ASHIPP

Would be very suprised if Trevor was absent tonight. Against physical teams in our remaining conference games we need his presence and support. The whole team is doing a great job but I agree that Lordo has a handful of forwards he could rotate without upsetting the flow.There seems to be good chemistry with every combination out there at the mo.

Foxy

I said to my son last night that it seemed to be when the crowd eventually got going in the third that the team raised the tempo.

Think they missed us. We were rather quiet up until then :D

KaneDevils

Sad to hear of drunken fools spoiling people's enjoyment. Would be a travesty if the atmosphere became like that of a football match. Whilst it would be unfair on some decent fans, I would like to see no alcohol served inside the IAW, or at least, not until after the game has finished.

Milky

I'm a huge Hendo fan but it's a fact we look a lot quicker at the back without him. I think Culli does a great job in D.

I'd be getting Hendo some sprint training or something to try and speed him up. Really hope he stays but he might be one of the ones they look to upgrade next season when we are in IAW.

First 10 mins yesterday we are all over them and could have been 4/5 up easily. Great professional performance to battle through it and put them away in the third.

Another good performance from Salters. Other teams are just not interested when he is on the ice.

Also, someone please rob a bank and sign Joey Martin up on a massive contract!!!!!!

BostonBart22

Jonesy83 said:
BBW said:
I noticed it a lot on saturday games , quite a few groups just turn up on a saturday get steamed up before going to town, maybe an idea to have more sunday games rather than saturdays next season.