Devils Vs Blaze - Sat 22 Sept - CC

RedDevil17

I don’t think we played that well honestly up until the third. Their goalie played very well so props to him. Blaze did themselves proud tonight and really should’ve been ahead and most definitely should’ve scored more than they did because they didn’t take their chances. They took their goal well though and it was a great finish. We were excellent on the PK tonight especially joey haddad. His shift on the penalty kill was crucial because they couldn’t get anything going because of him. Reddick had another strong game.

Hedden had a stormer tonight, he played really well as did Linglet, although Linglet needs to pass the puck more he was a bit selfish AT TIMES tonight for my liking but he’s one hell of a player and played well overall tonight.
Loved the fact we’re actually sticking up for each other compared to last year, a welcome change! Blaze played well and teams shouldn’t take them lightly. It would’ve been pretty stupid to have a fight with a minute to go though, you’d not only get thrown out of the game but the game is over pretty much so there’s no point. Good result nonetheless

Pretty sure we’ll batter the Steelers tomorrow, haven’t been impressed by them so far judging by results. Give Thommo a ten year contract!

Last edited:

voth26

I don’t think we played that well honestly up until the third. 5-2 flattered us. Their goalie played very well so props to him. Blaze were the better team for the 3rd and really should’ve been ahead and most definitely should’ve scored more than they did. Hedden had a stormer tonight, he played really well as did Linglet, although Linglet needs to pass the puck more he’s a bit too selfish for my liking but he’s one hell of a player. Loved the fact we’re actually sticking up for each other compared to last year, a welcome change!
Pass the puck more he scored 4 assists against MK last week, sure that proves he passes the puck??

I don’t think we played that well honestly up until the third. 5-2 flattered us. Their goalie played very well so props to him. Blaze were the better team for the 3rd and really should’ve been ahead and most definitely should’ve scored more than they did.

Hedden had a stormer tonight, he played really well as did Linglet, although Linglet needs to pass the puck more he’s a bit too selfish for my liking but he’s one hell of a player.
Loved the fact we’re actually sticking up for each other compared to last year, a welcome change! Blaze played well and teams shouldn’t take them lightly.
You what? Linglet passes/sets others up for shots all the time he also draws defenders with some crazy puck skills, I think your watching a different game. For the whole 60 mins we dominated yes again we weren’t clinical in front of the net at times, and had a bad turn over, but even on the PK we where on the offensive,

Yes we where a little flat in 2nd but Coventry defo weren’t the better team.

august04

It wasn’t vintage Devils for the first two periods but it didn’t need to be and we ran out convincing winners again. More of the same tomorrow please!

Devil_Abroad

You what? Linglet passes/sets others up for shots all the time he also draws defenders with some crazy puck skills, I think your watching a different game. For the whole 60 mins we dominated yes again we weren’t clinical in front of the net at times, and had a bad turn over, but even on the PK we where on the offensive,

Yes we where a little flat in 2nd but Coventry defo weren’t the better team.
I thought up until Morissette scored the 3rd Blaze were well worth a point in that game.

Foxy

Very lack lustre performance for the first 2 periods. Again came alive in the 3rd. We can get away with this against the likes of MK and Coventry but cant afford to against the bigger clubs. Hopefully we were just conserving energy for tomorrow.

tim78

Coventry played well and stood their ground, though I didn't feel the Devils upped their game until needed.

Don't think it's complancency, it's just bigger teams will play faster, smoother from the word go and the Devils will adjust and up their game to the tempo. It's not an issue for me as this team looks capable of pulling a rabbit out of the hat when needed.

Linglet is definently improving each game I watch, didn't seem much in those initial games but last night when he set up Ulmer I thought he was Louis bursting down the wing the way he handled off the Blaze D.

Slartibartfast

I was really impressed by the blaze. It took the Devils 2 periods to adjust to their relentless forecheck but the Devils class showed through in the end.
Joey Haddad had a great match as did Hedden. I thought Batch did well at the back and coming forward a few times. Craig Moore has also slotted seemlessly into D.
As for Linglet he does pass plenty but I think you can get the perception that he doesn't when he goes on one of his runs around the offensive zone. I have seen others do this in the CHL teams. It can distract the opposition from where others are moving which is a great way of setting up a goal. It also has risks though particularly when the run goes across the blue line. Time will tell.
I think Linglet is a class player who is beginning to shine but I can't help but feel his best is still to come and he is going to tear this league apart from Xmas onwards when he is fully settled.

I was really impressed by the blaze. It took the Devils 2 periods to adjust to their relentless forecheck but the Devils class showed through in the end.
Joey Haddad had a great match as did Hedden. I thought Batch did well at the back and coming forward a few times. Craig Moore has also slotted seemlessly into D.
As for Linglet he does pass plenty but I think you can get the perception that he doesn't when he goes on one of his runs around the offensive zone. I have seen others do this in the CHL teams. It can distract the opposition from where others are moving which is a great way of setting up a goal. It also has risks though particularly when the run goes across the blue line. Time will tell.
I think Linglet is a class player who is beginning to shine but I can't help but feel his best is still to come and he is going to tear this league apart from Xmas onwards when he is fully settled.
The problem with the Linglet, Ulmer Morrissette line is lack of experience, 16 points in 3 games

Not a great two period from the Devils, wasn't a great game to watch but we seemed to get it together a bit for the third, flat game overall for a devils blaze game, thank god the linesmen stopped any excitement breaking out at the end, we don't want any of that