Devils Vs Blaze Pre-Season Spectacular 25th/26th Aug 2018

Finny

When signing a player surely you wouldn't just target one like Parisi as anything could happen as it has. Wouldn't there be secondary choices in place in case a signing fell through. I can't see the Devils management putting all their eggs in one Parisi basket when it comes to a final signing.
No, but the Parisi signing would have been completed months ago. Any other potential signings the Devils might have been looking at will most probably have signed a contract elsewhere.

There will be players available, but we all know how Lord likes to get references from ex-teammates and coaches for a new guy. Which is going to take time.
It wouldn’t surprise me if we now wait until the AHL camps are over and so we don’t get a new Dman in until late September early October.

Devil_Abroad

I'm sorry but the whole points stats do not tell the whole story. Jake and Benti skate their socks off every game and are very valuable on the PK and back check as hard as anybody in the league. Ulmer has that knack of being able to read the game extremely well and be in the right place at the right time but for me needs to skate that bit harder in much the same way Pope needs to. For me guys like Benti are worth their weight in gold compared to an Ulmer type. Faryna like Benti skates his socks off, hits, fights and still put up the second highest goal tally last season playing 5 less games than most. I want to see Ulmer and Pope up their skating whilst off the puck this season. Others do it and so should they!
Ulmer is 37? 38 next month? You’re expecting high energy skating to match the others? He’s in the squad for specific reasons and I’m quite enjoying pre-season watching a fit and ready Ulmer.

bb1

Ulmer is 37? 38 next month? You’re expecting high energy skating to match the others? He’s in the squad for specific reasons and I’m quite enjoying pre-season watching a fit and ready Ulmer.
We all see things differently I guess but for me we play our best when we fore-check hard and it makes us unplayable in the EIHL. Saying hes 37/38 just doesn't justify a player not working hard off the puck.

Devil_Abroad

We all see things differently I guess but for me we play our best when we fore-check hard and it makes us unplayable in the EIHL. Saying hes 37/38 just doesn't justify a player not working hard off the puck.
Yes we do.

I didn’t say he doesn’t work hard chasing the puck. He just doesn’t do it for 40s but only 30

Slartibartfast

It was quite an even game last night with Devils having slightly more possession and territory. But Coventry played well on the break. We seemed to have to do a lot more to score than Coventry did. Murdy let a couple of soft ones in which didn't help. Not sure why Reddick is getting a hard time. I think he was only on the ice for one goal. Lewis/ Fournier were on the ice for 3 goals conceded. I thought Blood looked great again and the new guys are all starting to score.
I think the whole team need to play more defensively and take less risks on the blue which is where most of the turnovers are coming from. But I don't think we have too much to worry about.
We won one and had a narrow loss with a lot of key players missing.
What Im really encouraged by is the scoring depth so early on. Once things settle defensively its going to be one hell of a team.