Devils Vs Blaze Pre-Season Spectacular 25th/26th Aug 2018

Mazzoak

Not sure one NHL star defenceman is enough to prevent 26 goals in 6 games across all lines, certainly not in the CHL. I guess Davos players will be happy to go back to the bar this yr.

RedDevil17

We want a solid D man who can put up points and be very reliable in his own end. Someone like Jake Newton or Brett Carson would be perfect for that type of role. Both very good in the D zone and offensively good too. Our D is looking very shaky by the sounds of things and that needs to be looked at by Lordo and sorted out by the time the season starts or we’re in trouble I think. I trust Lordo will make the right signing and will bring in a suitable solid D man. I have faith in this team and results will come

Last edited:

Hedd Wyn John

It certainly wasn’t a bad performance from the Devils tonight but we were on the defensive too much & didn’t get the opportunity to press home the attack like last night. A few reffing calls went against us which didn’t help. I don’t think Murdy had his best night in the net though he made a number of good saves.

Devil_Abroad

Tonight was like a home game for us. Murdy will want 2 possibly 3 of those back, and the other was a penalty shot. At times we were unplayable. Still pre-season so can’t place much on that game. Seeing the euphoria from the Blaze players at the final whistle shows how much they felt at beating us over a nothing game. The biggest worry is 3 players to bring back in on Thursday if they’re available as they won’t be match fit. The CHL is going to be tough, very tough. I will be over the moon if we get even 2 results form our group; personally from the speed of the hockey I’ve seen us play at times, including all our D (even Batch and Louis are on hyperdrive), with Bowns playing a blinder I think it’s possible.

As for the rest of the season, there are going to be some mighty tussles with 4 or 5 teams, but I think we’re going to be up there again if we stay relatively injury free.

Finally, I find the doom & gloom from a few on here hilarious. Same old, same old.....

pjj365

This weekends games were never going to be all out blood and guts hockey. There are more important games to come

We did fine. We have not been really tested - this is to come this week

bb1

I know its only pre-season but we really should be beating the blaze comfortably even with the players we have missing. They had a couple missing too. We needed some momentum going into thursdays game.

Overall i'm really happy with the team and our new guys look good so far but there are a couple of guys who really need to pull their fingers out. Pope is soooo frustrating as he can be awesome but switches off way too often and gets lazy a la Jeff Pierce. When we signed him they described him as a hard hitting power forward yet he barely throws a hit! I hope he turns it on more often as he could be an incredible all rounder. Plus can someone just tell Ulmer is Christmas already!

My only fear is that we have an older team this season. On paper we are incredible but hope the age of our guys isn't a factor. Hopefully our last signing will be a real another wow factor.

Ulmer has around 6/7 points in 6 games. That’s more than he had in the first 10 last season lol.

I think is bentovglio morisette who needs to pick it up a little.

bb1

Ulmer has around 6/7 points in 6 games. That’s more than he had in the first 10 last season lol.

I think is bentovglio morisette who needs to pick it up a little.
I'm sorry but the whole points stats do not tell the whole story. Jake and Benti skate their socks off every game and are very valuable on the PK and back check as hard as anybody in the league. Ulmer has that knack of being able to read the game extremely well and be in the right place at the right time but for me needs to skate that bit harder in much the same way Pope needs to. For me guys like Benti are worth their weight in gold compared to an Ulmer type. Faryna like Benti skates his socks off, hits, fights and still put up the second highest goal tally last season playing 5 less games than most. I want to see Ulmer and Pope up their skating whilst off the puck this season. Others do it and so should they!

Rob Batch

The lads showed us glimpses of what we can expect this year. Chl may come a bit too soon for us but anything can happen on the night. We didn't need a win last night it was all about juggling lines and experimenting, lots of positives.

Finny

I thought after dominating the EIHL for two years people would be far more relaxed but here we are, only in pre-season and a handful of posters are already losing their mind because we’ve lost a game.

Two years ago we lost three pre-season games and conceded 24 goals. Yet we went on to win the league at a canter.
Chill out.
Yes our D plans are in a state of flux due to Parisi’s departure, but I’m confident Lordo will sort it one way or another.
I really fancied our chances in the CHL this year but a combination of injuries and a missing import probably means those games will come too soon. So what?
I’m sure we’ll give it our best and if we don’t qualify out if the group - never mind.
The EIHL is our main priority once again and I’m confident that by the time those games start we’ll be more than ready.

Kevlar68

When signing a player surely you wouldn't just target one like Parisi as anything could happen as it has. Wouldn't there be secondary choices in place in case a signing fell through. I can't see the Devils management putting all their eggs in one Parisi basket when it comes to a final signing.

Devil_Abroad

When signing a player surely you wouldn't just target one like Parisi as anything could happen as it has. Wouldn't there be secondary choices in place in case a signing fell through. I can't see the Devils management putting all their eggs in one Parisi basket when it comes to a final signing.
They are possibly already in advanced talks or even have one signed but VISAs take time.