Devils Vs Blaze Pre-Season Spectacular 25th/26th Aug 2018

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
index.jpg

It's back. Everyone's favorite pre-season match up. Devils have now announced their full squad so we might get a chance of seeing our new guy ice his first game. Blaze have suffered some pre-season hiccups, having to find a replacement net-minder (Wiikman stepping into the pads) at short notice but they have just signed an ex Edinburgh player (Dillon Lawrence) for a try out so I'm sure they will be fine. :cool:

Wagstaff

Should be a goal fest....
It should be, you’ve already had two weekends of games leading into this, so your cobwebs should be gone, we’re heading into our first game together. However with you being the league champions it should give our guys an idea of the speed and style of the league that they will need to fit to if we aren’t going to look silly when the season starts for real and that’s when the results matter

terry hunt

I think you are trying to lull the Devils into thinking it will be easy.
Never known an easy game against the Blaze thats why we love playing them.

If anyone has the time and inclination. I would appreciate a very short report with score and scorers.
No twitter account. Not in the country and missing .....MNL Thanks

Devil94

Think the refs have been briefed to call more penalties this year. Maybe to try and replicate European officals? Coventry got the worst end of the stick, some of the calls were baffling, by Rose especially.

Thought Coventry looked quite good considering they've only been together for a few days. We showed glimpses of what we're capable of, last 10 of the first was excellent. Hopefully we can consistently play like that for 60 mins soon, then we'll be hard to stop.

zoesdevil

Think the refs have been briefed to call more penalties this year. Maybe to try and replicate European officals? Coventry got the worst end of the stick, some of the calls were baffling, by Rose especially.

Thought Coventry looked quite good considering they've only been together for a few days. We showed glimpses of what we're capable of, last 10 of the first was excellent. Hopefully we can consistently play like that for 60 mins soon, then we'll be hard to stop.
I definitely think we had another gear or two to go up tonight, saw glimpses of it at end of 1st.

jenks33

Agree with this. I know it’s early days for Rose as a referee but he had a stinker tonight. The calls on Clements and Joyaux in particular were awful calls. I thought it was a decent run out for the devils overall. Blaze were the better team for the first 10 minutes and 4-1 at the end of the 1st was flattering for the devils. Deserved the win overall tho

James

Administrator
Thread starter #13
Cov looked fast but lightweight. They were better than I expected, especially if they had not been together more than a couple of days. Devils were always in control though and it felt like we were toying with the blaze towards the end.

Devil94

Agree with this. I know it’s early days for Rose as a referee but he had a stinker tonight. The calls on Clements and Joyaux in particular were awful calls. I thought it was a decent run out for the devils overall. Blaze were the better team for the first 10 minutes and 4-1 at the end of the 1st was flattering for the devils. Deserved the win overall tho
Think the idea is to speed the game up, but unfortunately it has the opposite effect and the game has no rhythm.

Hedd Wyn John

You could tell Coventry were rusty, especially in the first period. The Devils didn’t really get out of second gear. The Coventry D tightened up in the second period. An enjoyable match to watch however.