Devils Vs Blaze - League - 22nd Dec 21

jenks33

It would help our possession and offense if we could win a few more face-offs, especially offensive ones. I would be interested to know the stats there. My guess would be a very low win %
Don’t like to knock him just after he scored but Dupont lost 5 out of 6 face offs in the first.

jenks33

CornwallTaffy raised a good point regarding our struggles at face offs. Lammon, Dupont and Davies have won 15 out of 36 tonight. Not great

jenks33

Yeah I’m glad I didn’t pay for the webcast tonight, it would have frustrated the hell out of me. Looks like the powerplay is still struggling, we’ve had three 5 on 3’s in the past two games and not scored. Disappointing.

Good to see Lammon score again. Nice finish too

Wannabe2

I watched the webcast and it showed how bad we can be, and tonight we were dreadful but it’s becoming a habit now. I haven’t been to the last 3 home games, and I don’t miss it one bit. Never thought I would ever say that, but there’s not enough passion now, even guys who brought it by the bucketload have had it sucked out of them now. This bunch of players appear to be a unhappy lot, their disjointed, frustrated, and look like they want to be somewhere else, and I can’t be arsed with that, have a good Xmas all that’s the main thing.

d20

This team is awful .......how only Ben o Connor was sacked is unreal is there a poorer player than DuPont signed as one of our main threats .......laughable

The sad thing is, this team is not awful - there is potential - but something isn't right when they only turn up in the last few minutes of the game. Very frustrating. Kelman and co have more than earned our trust to steer us out of this even with everything else they've got going on in these tough times but this is hard to watch.

Jonesy83

That was an absolute pathetic performance from the Devils again tonight, at least 4 of those players have no business putting that jersey on again.
Sadly with the way things are, the very small chance of any change or extra body is 0%

Last game with a home crowd for god knows how long and they give us that shite, frustrated is an understatement

jenks33

I watched the webcast and it showed how bad we can be, and tonight we were dreadful but it’s becoming a habit now. I haven’t been to the last 3 home games, and I don’t miss it one bit. Never thought I would ever say that, but there’s not enough passion now, even guys who brought it by the bucketload have had it sucked out of them now. This bunch of players appear to be a unhappy lot, their disjointed, frustrated, and look like they want to be somewhere else, and I can’t be arsed with that, have a good Xmas all that’s the main thing.
I tend to agree with you wannabe. I considered buying the webcast tonight but I had a feeling it would be another boring and frustrating game. I think it speaks volumes that I couldn’t be bothered watching us and our season is potentially coming to an end soon. To be fair I enjoyed the Sheffield game on Saturday but I thought we would come out strong after the poor showing against Dundee.

My hunch is the players like Skalde as a person but they really dislike his tactics and style of play. We haven’t looked like a happy and committed team all season in my opinion.

august04 2.0

There’s not much to say about that. I’m actually looking forward to a little break from watching this rubbish. As long as it’s only a couple of weeks, it might make me look forward to watching games again because it’s hard work at the moment.