Devils Vs Blaze - Festive Double header - Chat / Updates

Back home in Cornwall after a long weekend. Enjoyed the game on Saturday partly because the winning team was always in doubt, which for me adds some excitement. Having played the better hockey in the first two periods, thought Cardiff should have edged it until the last seven minutes when they seemed to fall apart.
Agree with comments on poor refereeing. I wouldn’t criticise the players for lack of effort either, unfortunately just some poor errors for which we were punished and I thought Max did deserve his m.o.m.
Also had the pleasure of meeting Mr Tanaka senior who was watching the game alongside me and the wife. Nice for him having travelled from Toronto to see his boy score and get m.o.m. which I think he also deserved.
Good to see a big crowd back in the tent. Hope the result will not deter returnees.

DevilDom

Koop11 said:
That performance felt a bit one step forward, two steps back. No intensity, physicality or desire. - the traits we’ve been blessed to see in the last few home games. Just because we were playing an average team, doesn’t mean an average performance will win you the game. Credit to the Blaze, they wanted the win more than us, especially after losing at home to us Boxing Day. They were missing some big players but their key guys carried them over the finish line. Well done to them.

It’s typical, the biggest crowd of the year following the hype of recent performances and the team decide to play an exhibition game. I know of four old time Devils fans who have never been to the BBT who were at the game on the weekend. All of which commented along the lines that they would not be in a hurry to come back down.

Ah well, here’s to a better 2014 because the 2013 season thus far has been one to forget.
Spot on. It was a very bad game for a low intensity below average performance. I brought my wife who used to come regularly and she stated something similar. Shame really - even a fight might have increased the intensity levels but the majority of players just seemed content to try and coast through the game and sneak a win. Unfortunately they got caught out by a short benched Blaze team that wanted it more.