Devils Vs Blaze - Festive Double header - Chat / Updates

Sheincar

Olson went there because he thought he was taking on a young naive Brit and to some extent he was, however that young naive Brit has an ex boxer/rugby player for a dad & I suspect Dad may have taught his son a few things over the years.

Wagstaff

I think you are all taking my comments in the wrong way, I'm not knocking Batch, i would hope that from my posts in the past you would realise that I'm not on here to antagonise! I didn't see what led up to the scuffle, but it was at our end and I suspect Olson had been digging at Batch as I thought it was Batch that went for Olson, I didn't think Olson wanted it, I'm pretty sure Olson didn't drop the glove off his bad hand but again I may be wrong, liked the interview, just as you would expect from a decent lad, who was well deserving of MOM. Roll on tonight, obviously I am wanting a different result to you, and I shan't be there, but will keep up to date with your totally unbiased and wholly enjoyable MNL service.
For me it will be interesting to see how we react to the Boxing Day result?

Diafol

Sorry if this is a daft question: Tonight's game is due to start at 7pm (as usual for a Saturday).
However, City are playing Sunderland at home at 5.30.

Usually Devils games are delayed in the event of such a clash.
Is this not the case tonight or are the club hoping for a mass boycott by Malky's supporters ?

jimmy snels

Diafol said:
Sorry if this is a daft question: Tonight's game is due to start at 7pm (as usual for a Saturday).
However, City are playing Sunderland at home at 5.30.

Usually Devils games are delayed in the event of such a clash.
Is this not the case tonight or are the club hoping for a mass boycott by Malky's supporters ?
Maybe they've taken into account people other than cardiff city fans who have children and don't want to keep them out all night!! Maybe they thought you know what, we didn't change for jimmy snels' birthday bash so why should we change for the crappy football up the road? Either way we shouldn't change every time as we paid for 6 on sundays N 7pm on sats. The odd change doesn't bother me but all the time would be a micky take.

As about four others have asked.... WHERES THE HIGHLIGHTS!? LOL

Diafol

It doesn't affect me in that way Jimmy as I'm not a City fan, I just don't want to be sitting in a freezing cold rink staring at an empty ice pad for an extra half an hour once they've made a last minute decision to delay the start (it's happened a few times before !)

jimmy snels

I know your pain! There is literally nothing worse. I remember waiting around until half eight before because a team had a puncture on the bus on the way!

Wagstaff

Fife broke down on the way to us this season, a 5.15 face off and the kids like to be there to see the warmup and if I remember rightly it was gone 8.00 ! Worst thing was I only live 5 minutes away but they kept making "they will be here in 15 minutes" announcements, I could have gone home, had my dinner, a nice warm bath, etc etc and come back with time to spare!

I thought Batch went for Olson? That's what most accounts are going with. Olson has too much pride as a tough guy not to fight back but he definitely is still carrying an injury. Fair play to Batch though narrowly beating Olson and narrowly losing to Egener. Would expect an Olson easy win under normal circumstances. Looking forward to tonight's webcast, haven't seen it for a while is it any good now or?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

KaneDevils

Looking forward to tonight's webcast, haven't seen it for a while is it any good now or?
Opinions may differ, but mine is that generally it's fairly decent, but you do have to put up with the glare from the ice, which is a bit nasty.
I find it difficult to see the puck for a lot of the game.
Emailing the club regarding the matter was pointless as I never received a reply. so I won't be purchasing it again myself. Which is a real pity as I'm unable to attend games for a while. :(

KaneDevils said:
Looking forward to tonight's webcast, haven't seen it for a while is it any good now or?
Opinions may differ, but mine is that generally it's fairly decent, but you do have to put up with the glare from the ice, which is a bit nasty.
I find it difficult to see the puck for a lot of the game.
Emailing the club regarding the matter was pointless as I never received a reply. so I won't be purchasing it again myself. Which is a real pity as I'm unable to attend games for a while. :(
Fair enough. Previously the glare wasn't a huge issue for me it was the constant buffering etc so hopefully I get on alright!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Sheincar

Wagstaff said:
I think you are all taking my comments in the wrong way, I'm not knocking Batch, i would hope that from my posts in the past you would realise that I'm not on here to antagonise! I didn't see what led up to the scuffle, but it was at our end and I suspect Olson had been digging at Batch as I thought it was Batch that went for Olson, I didn't think Olson wanted it, I'm pretty sure Olson didn't drop the glove off his bad hand but again I may be wrong, liked the interview, just as you would expect from a decent lad, who was well deserving of MOM. Roll on tonight, obviously I am wanting a different result to you, and I shan't be there, but will keep up to date with your totally unbiased and wholly enjoyable MNL service.
For me it will be interesting to see how we react to the Boxing Day result?
Not having a go at you at all as know how fair minded you are. However Olson does like to go after young Brits, especially Ben, but this time got more than he bargained for by the sound of it. Bring on round 2!!

Skippy

Thread starter #54
danhall76 said:
Make sure your all update if your on apple and use Firefox ideally if your on a PC.

Seems to be the main problems that people have.

Ocko

It's like listening to David Haye's bad toe excuse!

In fairness to Josh he can only fight what's in front of him, if Olson was carrying an injury preventing him fighting he should play a bit more honest so he's not in that kind of position to fight.

Wagstaff

Ocko said:
It's like listening to David Haye's bad toe excuse!
I give up..... It's all Olsons fault, it always was and always will be!
In fact didn't his grandad have something to do with the titanic?

Slartibartfast

Thought the Devils were very unlucky tonight.We were the better team but tried to be a bit too creative and got caught on the break for the third goal. Im not sure what happened on the 4th but was that Mark Smith injured on the ice? Whoever it was and whatever happened the ref let it go and I don't know if that led to the Blazes goal or not.
I don't rate Blaze as a team but they have one or two very talented individuals, particularly Tanaka

A

Anonymous

Absolutely shocking officials tonight!
Got me so pissed off to the point I called one a areshole.

Devils well will they ever learn?
Stop leaving the goalie exposed and taking silly penalties.

Btw we won't score if we don't shoot.
Terrible game.

ASHIPP

Never write the Blaze off however angry their fans are.

Blaze punished the Devils for several major mistakes. They muscled our players off the puck and controlled neutral zone for large parts of the game. Effort was there from the Devils but after a period 2 of brilliance from them, the Blaze simply disrupted Deviils shape and fluidity and took chances well.

Can't win them all but this was a game the Devils could have closed down. An important one too - a good result would have meant 6th place in the League.

Hope Richie is alright - looked like he went down awkwardly on his ankle.

Wannabe2

Well we werent good tonight, and cant expect to win if we only play for 1 period, Coventry aint no great shakes, but we were poor, I was expecting more tonight after recent results but the lads didnt cover themselves in glory. Hope Ritchie is okay he didnt look to clever when leaving the ice, and blight didnt return neither.