Devils Vs Blaze - Festive Double header - Chat / Updates

kettdevil1

Surreal game in many ways. We veered between sublime and careless but always looked to be in by different class to the Blaze.... I thought Scorchio was just playing down their chances before the game but.....(s)he was right!!

Great to see some of the less showbiz players stepping up tonight, Dr P looked delighted to score and Batch had one of these days when everything he touched turned to gold.....

First look for me at Cook and it was interesting......the horrible mixed in with the the superb....he should be entertaining at the very least......

Finally, (again) the away support was superb.

E.D.S.

Cracking away support. Batch took the fight for me. Olson landed two as Batch was heading to the floor but Batch got two cracking head shots in. Cook looked decent. Nothing he could do about one of the goals as it took a deflection off our D as it was heading well wide. Made some cracking saves though. He doesn't seem to take too many risks. He doesn't do a Lyle and come out of his crease unnecessarily to play every pick and I do think with time he could be superb in this league. Cool customer.
Davies was immense and the third line gave the D some much needed rest by continually working hard in the Blaze zone. Where we look weak is in the neutral zone. We turn the pick over a lot when we should be making stick to stick plays to gain some territory but the pass or stick handling always seemed to go astray putting us right back under pressure again, and making our D work harder than they need to. Faulkner worked hard and Max seemed quiet to me. Stand outs for me were Davies, Richardson and Batch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Told you the devils would easily beat the blaze,a totally pathetic gutless display from the 2nd period onwards,if it weren't for Zacharias would have been a bigger scoreline,no protection in front of him as our defence is the worst in the whole league by a long way,a bench coach who has totally lost the plot if he ever even had one,quite obviously he has thommos right hand stuck up his jacksy masquerading as a hockey manager,after you got back to 2-2 obvious the outcome of the match.
Expect another easy ride Saturday,wouldn't travel 1 mile to watch this type of garbage hockey let alone the 135 from cov to Cardiff.

A really good road game from The Devils... On another day we could have been punished for some of our defending but overall a win was deserved.

For me the best 3 players were Ben, Batch and Myers Cook also played well but would want a few goals back.

Anyway more of the same Saturday hope fans pack out the BBT... This team has turned a corner and are producing hockey we like to see..

:RAWK

E.D.S. said:
Cracking away support. Batch took the fight for me. Olson landed two as Batch was heading to the floor but Batch got two cracking head shots in. Cook looked decent. Nothing he could do about one of the goals as it took a deflection off our D as it was heading well wide. Made some cracking saves though. He doesn't seem to take too many risks. He doesn't do a Lyle and come out of his crease unnecessarily to play every pick and I do think with time he could be superb in this league. Cool customer.
Davies was immense and the third line gave the D some much needed rest by continually working hard in the Blaze zone. Where we look weak is in the neutral zone. We turn the pick over a lot when we should be making stick to stick plays to gain some territory but the pass or stick handling always seemed to go astray putting us right back under pressure again, and making our D work harder than they need to. Faulkner worked hard and Max seemed quiet to me. Stand outs for me were Davies, Richardson and Batch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't watch the game but in the previous ones Cook was very quick out of his crease to play the puck. Maybe he's been told to calm down haha. Either way great result and sounds like a fantastic game for Josh!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Watched on the webcast, which I'm reluctant to buy next time. The commentators do my head in at times. Anyway, to the game.

Wow! Those 3 goals in the what? 2 minutes 26 seconds? They definitely lifted the team up and awesome game for Batch.
The fight, seemed to be going Batch's way until the end when Batch was heading to the floor and Olson laid in some last couple of punches. Became an even fight? Batch held his own quite well against the 'tough guy'.

Looking forward to tomorrow's game. Time can't go fast enough.

drainage

showboat said:
Lets put this into perspective, a win is a win but a very poor display by the blaze,

a shadow of the Thomo teams of past, :?:
Can only play what's in front of you ....me I am happy we are pulling some wins together and will happily celebrate that after last few months of constant negativity

And any game that gives a young player like Batchy a confidence boost has to be a good thing

Ocko

The whole Blaze organisation has changed. No passion or atmosphere from the fans, team look a shambles and the coach is showing he is a rookie.

Devils were once again superb and provide real value for money. For the first time that I've seen the Faulkner, Mac and Max line didn't have a great night, which in a way was pleasing because our other lines were given a chance to prove what they can do.

Kudos to Batch, ballsy move taking on Olson. I feared he'd take a pasting, not because of his lack of toughness but just because Olson is the toughest in the league but Josh showed he can hang with the tough guys. Edge to Batch although it could well of been a draw on the replay. He hit Olson with a few good shots, knocking his helmet off too - Olson looked stunned to be honest and didn't do his usual show boating after the fight; that proves the battle he thought he was in.

First time travelling with Red Army Travel and it was a great experience. Thanks for the trip guys.

Ocko said:
The whole Blaze organisation has changed. No passion or atmosphere from the fans, team look a shambles and the coach is showing he is a rookie.

Devils were once again superb and provide real value for money. For the first time that I've seen the Faulkner, Mac and Max line didn't have a great night, which in a way was pleasing because our other lines were given a chance to prove what they can do.

Kudos to Batch, ballsy move taking on Olson. I feared he'd take a pasting, not because of his lack of toughness but just because Olson is the toughest in the league but Josh showed he can hang with the tough guys. Edge to Batch although it could well of been a draw on the replay. He hit Olson with a few good shots, knocking his helmet off too - Olson looked stunned to be honest and didn't do his usual show boating after the fight; that proves the battle he thought he was in.

First time travelling with Red Army Travel and it was a great experience. Thanks for the trip guys.
Why should we fans have any passion for this team,or the way Matty is dragging it through the manure pile,team apart from 4 at the most are showing guts,tanaka,ginand,tait,must wonder why they bother turning up,when the others drag them down.

drainage

scorchio said:
Ocko said:

Why should we fans have any passion for this team,or the way Matty is dragging it through the manure pile,team apart from 4 at the most are showing guts,tanaka,ginand,tait,must wonder why they bother turning up,when the others drag them down.
Probably for same reason we pulled through events that had all teams laughing at us .....dig deep keep,the faith and hope things get better .....it's hard but pays off when things get better

Ocko

The Blaze are a lot like us at the start of the year; plenty of size and toughness but not enough skill and mobility. They will need some changes and soon to turn it around.

drainage said:
scorchio said:
Ocko said:

Probably for same reason we pulled through events that had all teams laughing at us .....dig deep keep,the faith and hope things get better .....it's hard but pays off when things get better
The difference being your club have been proactive in making changes,getting shot of gerad and bringing in pope,soderstrom is thommos puppet,who is probably tugging the strings from afar,no way will the blaze management sack him,should gave happened a month ago,same bull excuses loss after loss,extremely gut wrenching tiresome the list gives on,forget the playoffs lucky to not finish bottom.

Wagstaff

Beating us at the moment is no great shake, but for your team, it keeps the positivity rolling. Brent Pope seems to have the team working together, On the Batch fight, Olson only has one hand to punch with at the moment and once he moved Batch to use his good hand and threw a couple, Batch was gone, but fair play for having a go.
As Scorchio says, it's not good at our place at the moment and I can't see anyone taking the bull by the horns and making the changes that are needed!

drainage

Wagstaff said:
Beating us at the moment is no great shake, but for your team, it keeps the positivity rolling. Brent Pope seems to have the team working together, On the Batch fight, Olson only has one hand to punch with at the moment and once he moved Batch to use his good hand and threw a couple, Batch was gone, but fair play for having a go.
As Scorchio says, it's not good at our place at the moment and I can't see anyone taking the bull by the horns and making the changes that are needed!
Ummm so why go there with only one hand at that close to end of game??? And it seems one player has a black eye if recent interview is correct? Sorry but Olson went because he wanted to and it wasn't the walk over he assumed .....be gracious

Temme

Are there highlights online yet for this game? And where is the interview? Missed the game and would love to see as much as I can!

Wagstaff

drainage said:
Wagstaff said:
Ummm so why go there with only one hand at that close to end of game??? And it seems one player has a black eye if recent interview is correct? Sorry but Olson went because he wanted to and it wasn't the walk over he assumed .....be gracious
Not being ungracious, just the way I saw it

Wannabe2

Its not how many fights you win, its how many you turn up for, and Batch certainly answered the bell. Josh has now fought 2 of Blaze, s tough guys and stood tall against both, hats off to the lad good on you Josh.

voth26

Wagstaff said:
drainage said:
Wagstaff said:
Not being ungracious, just the way I saw it
But that was Olson's choice to drop the mitts, and as drainage said what was the point that late in the game all he gained was 5 pms on his stats and another fight on his fight card. If it had happened earlier in the game to get the blaze back in the game fair enough but I think he chose Batch thinking it was going to be an easy win other wise why didn't he go for Plumton or marsh? i'm sure they would have obliged. In tonight's game I hope either brad or Tyson when the time is right no choice Olson