Devils Vs Blaze Christmas Spectacular - 26 + 27 Dec 18 - League

Slartibartfast

Now thats what we have been missing. Thats how we were playing every game a couple of months back. When the Devils play like that they are unbeatable. Great physicality, great chemistry and I can't wait to see the highlights to see some beautiful goals. More please, more !!!!

Wannabe2

When we play like we did in the 1st, we are a pure joy to watch, the crowd get well into it and the place is buzzing. More of the same please lads.

Gospel

That first period is how we should be playing, capitalised of Blaze errors & we were on fire. Whatever happened at the period break though certainly doused that fire. 2nd & 3rd period we were flat, sloppy at times & there seemed to be a lack of cohesion between the D & offence, although it is better than it has been thankfully.

If we can stop switching off for periods of games & play for the full 60 we will be fine but our inconsistency will be key to us winning or losing the league this year.

august04

We were unplayable in the first and would have destroyed any team in the EIHL this year, playing like that. I suppose it was job done after that and the game was won. Not much of a reaction from Blaze, more damage limitation.

Diablo3

I know it would be great to play all 3 periods like the first, but the job was done, they had sub'd their netminder to save embarrassment, and we have had a packed schedule with another hard game to come on Sunday. So I understand why they guys turned the wick down.

I was just happy to see them playing great hockey again, long may it continue.

as many have mentioned brilliant first period, almost simple (well not quite simple) hockey, movement, crisp passing, an eagerness and flowing hockey. 2nd and 3rd well let's ignore those periods thankfully job done in 1st and just needed to keep the blaze out.

couple of shout outs to ( although all had good games)

Bownsy had a good solid game.
Batch is getting better and better and Lord seems to be having more and more confidence in him.
Mosey had a stormer playing both D and F. had even more energy than normal.

My one and only Hockey New Year wish is

Can we have instead of 20 minutes of that first period ...closer to 60. Against some of the bigger teams we will need it. And boy what a game (s) that (those) would be....the place would be rocking.

Of the blaze....boy would I like the Devils to sign 9. Lake (not often....well never have I ever said this about a Blaze Player) thought he was great and without him Blaze would offer very little.

as many have mentioned brilliant first period, almost simple (well not quite simple) hockey, movement, crisp passing, an eagerness and flowing hockey. 2nd and 3rd well let's ignore those periods thankfully job done in 1st and just needed to keep the blaze out.

couple of shout outs to ( although all had good games)

Bownsy had a good solid game.
Batch is getting better and better and Lord seems to be having more and more confidence in him.
Mosey had a stormer playing both D and F. had even more energy than normal.

My one and only Hockey New Year wish is

Can we have instead of 20 minutes of that first period ...closer to 60. Against some of the bigger teams we will need it. And boy what a game (s) that (those) would be....the place would be rocking.

Of the blaze....boy would I like the Devils to sign 9. Lake (not often....well never have I ever said this about a Blaze Player) thought he was great and without him Blaze would offer very little.
Lake has had a very good season, watched him both home and away and have to say he is imressive. Seems very passionate about the game and knows how to play it well.

Foxy

Ok my view for the remainder of the season.

We have to play like that first 20 minutes for the whole sixty. There should be none of this 'ok we can let off the pressure for the next game' The league has got to a stage where there are no easy games. Even the teams at the bottom of the league are more than capeable of taking the points.

Games against Belfast are going to be crucial. We cannot afford to drop any points if possible. Time to go for the juglar.........

Mazzoak

Agree with Foxy.

We are not playing bad, put simply, opponents are just more competitive this year. We played well the first period, blaze reaction to that closed down periods two & three, in the past we’d likely seal the win in period 2 and coast in period three.
Not to take anything away from past achievements, we’ve out recruited the league, this year it’s becoming increasingly more obvious that gap in talent has closed throughout the league. Every point is needed, every minute played well, repeat every week.

terry hunt

Great to see the 4th line out so often.
I thought Duggan had a great game and gave a lot of energy Lord must have faith in him all the minutes he had.

Hedd Wyn John

A scary thing is this is our worst season in 3 seasons with players injured,players leaving,backroom staff leaving and we are sill number1 starting the new year!!
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. While I’ll take 1st place it only counts at the end of the season. If we want to win the league we are going to have to be a lot more consistent than we have been over the last few weeks.