Devils v Vipers - Wednesday FO 7:30 - MNL

Thread starter #1
We will be running MNL for the visit of the Vipers.

I shall be on duty so if any of my usual texters are venturing out to the Tent for the game can they text me to confirm.

OJ

Ger-Devils

Looks like a decent crowd for tomorrow. I know blocks 3 and 15 will be used for cameras. Well 3 normally is but looking on the ticket website, sales seem to be very high

Finny

Ger-Devils said:
Looks like a decent crowd for tomorrow. I know blocks 3 and 15 will be used for cameras. Well 3 normally is but looking on the ticket website, sales seem to be very high
As you say I'm guessing block 15 is being used for a camera or something too. Block 11 was sold out too earlier in the week but is now back on sale.

Having said that, some of the blocks are nearly sold out. Only block 14 has any reasonable availablity on that side of the rink.

Finny

Don't think so, I've moved to block..... well I can't remember what block it is. But it's not 15. Either 12 or 13.

Ger-Devils

Well looking at the ticket site about 5:30pm just before I left work, it showed more close to selling out but didn't seem it when down the rink tonight.

just got back and WOW what a game, devils ran rings around the vipers and at times it looked like they didn't know what to do with us, top performance from the whole team, even romfo stood out, good to hear the legendery tonsil's in block 11 fair play my throught and thumbs are on fire, u kept us busy, i take my hat off to you sir ;)

Ger-Devils

drummer-ricky said:
just got back and WOW what a game, devils ran rings around the vipers and at times it looked like they didn't know what to do with us, top performance from the whole team, even romfo stood out, good to hear the legendery tonsil's in block 11 fair play my throught and thumbs are on fire, u kept us busy, i take my hat off to you sir ;)
Was that the person with the cowboy hat on?

Ger-Devils said:
drummer-ricky said:
Was that the person with the cowboy hat on?
Yup that was the Tonsils that we all know and love

An excellent performance tonight. Looks like they have really been practicing the special teams with 4 PPG and 2 SHG, also some lovely passes to take us onto the offence. Now we just need to take tonights performance into the next few games and give the Caps, Panthers and Steelers a run for their money.

Yes!! agree with everything said about tonights performance everyone stood out and Romfo did make a crucial goal saving move by batting the puck away from the stick side of an open net as Lyle was commited from a previous rebounded shot!! (This i found very impressive and so did the devils bench when he came off his shift!!)
However I do feel our PK and D in general is still in need of improvement we have a very eplosive offensive unit in players such as Smith, Miller, Birbraer, Hilly, and now Voth who seems to be concentrating intently on his offensive game rather than his role as an enforcer!! but even though the vipers did not look like once taking us out of our rhythm i fear that we gave away too many oppurtunities in the nuetral zone and offensive zone blue line, jst need to tighten the passing in these places and minimise all turnovers as it cost us chances and because this is something that does let us down against the stronger teams in the league and subsiquently costs us games. but all in all a great performance Also very impressed with the discipline of the players in tonights game apart from a few questionable penalties and the 5 on 3 chance we gave the vipers pp unit it was a delight to see such a focused and hard working Devils team in play, maybe it was the sky sports cameras that did the trick!! lol
Well done boys!! Lets take this win onto the more important games leading into the new year!!

Lets go Devils Lets go!!! BOOM BOOM !!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I thought Romfo played very well tonight, good positioning and control, plus an assist to his name. Not to mention his only penalty of the game and we scored two consecutive SHGs. Read into that what you will. :lol:

As the guys in block 2 were chanting, Bring on the Steelers!

rolf

I'm sure we will, but it hasn't escaped my notice that we played like this tonight when tonsils was in the rink ...............a real throwback to the good ole days and a performance to match.....any hostage takers out there ?

rolf

I am really pleased for Smitty to get back on the scoresheet and also excited by his link up play with Vother n the first line. Max also upped his game tonight. Genius move by coach Adams. Miller and Michel both looked a real threat on their lines too and a MASSIVE shout to Towey for 2 excellent goals at the end. And I don't care if they were against their ginger stepson either, they all count and good too!!!!

Best team performance so far this season by the Devils.
Attack lines showed what they are all about, the D collected the rebounds and for the mostpart cleared the zone (one or two instances where a slack/fancy pass put on the back-foot)
A few dubious calls from the Officials - although the bit I did find funny was Dean Smith laughing so much at a face off when the Block 2 guys started chanting "shall we sing a song for you!!)
Well played G and the boys.

rolf said:
I'm sure we will, but it hasn't escaped my notice that we played like this tonight when tonsils was in the rink ...............a real throwback to the good ole days and a performance to match.....any hostage takers out there ?
Haha! You may be on to something there... ;) It was good to hear his dulcet tones again.

The first period of yesterday's game was probably the best hockey I've seen us play this season and possibly last season too. Some pretty, pretty goals.

Finny

To be honest this game was over after 8 minutes, during which the Devils destroyed Newcastle with a level of intensity they just couldn't match.

After the Vipers conceeded an early penalty, Brad Voth collected the loose puck on the blue line and skated in on goal. Robinson came out to cut down the angle, but as he did so Voth slid the puck across to the incoming Mark Smith and he fired into the empty net.
Devils 1-0 Vipers

2 minutes later and that same line with causing chaos again. This time Voth had the puck behind the net and fooled everyone with a reverse back-hand pass to Birbraer infront of net, and he one-timed it past Robinson.
Devils 2-0 Vipers

Newcastle could barely get out of their zone and when they conceeded another penalty, the Devils took advantage again. Robinson forced to make several saves before the loose puck fell to Hill, he seemed to mishit his shot, but he got enough on it for it to slide under Robinson and into the net.
Devils 3-0 Vipers

Newcastle called a timeout and slowly got back into the game. A quick 2 on 1 gave them a good chance from which they hit the post. But it was still mostly the Devils and on yet another PP Richardson skated in from the blueline and his shot beat Robinson but pinged back off the crossbar.

Into the second period and it was almost the same story. Devils created two great chances to score but failed to hit the target. Towe in particular deked the netminder (who then got knocked to the ice by his own defenceman) but with the empty net demanding a goal he went around the net but failed to somehow put the puck into the net.

Devils started to get into penalty trouble themselves and ended up facing a 5-on-3 for almost two whole minutes. The penalty kill was excellent though and both penalties were killed off, but no sooner had they returned the full strength the Devils seemed to switch off - gifting the Vipers a goal after Tejchma was left unmarked by the post to tap in.
Devils 3-1 Vipers

The next 5 minutes were pretty even, both sides creating chances with Miller for the Devils hitting the inside of the post but it bounced clear.

Vipers were the next to the bin though, and on the Devils PP Romfo's shot from the blue line was tipped inside the post by Voth.
Devils 4-1 Vipers

That goal seemed to hit the Vipers hard. When they took another penalty just before the end of the period, Birbraer's pass across net found Smith and he fired the puck in from the tight angle.
Devils 5-1 Vipers.

Vipers swapped netminders for the start of the final period, which to be honest was a bit of an anti-climax with both teams knowing the result was a formality.

With 5 minutes remaining the game livened up a bit, a mad scramble infront of the net saw Towe swing his stuck at the bouncing puck and into the net.
Devils 6-1 Vipers

Devils then gave the Vipers a PP and from the blueline Dormish fired an unstoppable shot into the corners.
Devils 6-2 Vipers

Devils then gave away yet another penalty, but instead of the Vipers using the PP to create the chance of a comeback, the Devils used it to finish the Vipers off. First Towe broke away down the right wing, before hitting a slapshot that flew over Lawson's shoulder and into the top far corner.
Devils 7-2 Vipers

The on the same penalty kill, Jason Stone dumped the puck into the corner and around the boards, Lawson went to collect it but the puck took a funny bounce and went straight to Mark Smith infront of the empty net.
Devils 8-2 Vipers

Vipers did get the consolation of completing the scoring, Marhle firing the puck over Lyle into the top corner from right infront.
Devils 8-3 Vipers.

Solid Devils performance, though they might be a bit disappointed that they conceeded those two late goals. Though we have now scored 17 goals at home against the Vipers in just two games!