Devils v Steelers - Wed 7 Feb 2018 - C Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg

voth26

I have to say how humble Lord is, always looking to give the credit to the team and play down his part. Last night you could see the total contrast between Devils and Steelers, where the Devils were playing not only for the fans but also Lordo, Steelers clearly weren't playing for Thommo!! Really hard to single anyone out but For me Tyson Strachen was awesome so composed on the Puck, looked like he was in a training session, Paris had his best game by a country mile and that was the Drew Paris I've been waiting to see all season!!. Joey Martin what can you say there was one play where he absolutely undressed a steelers d man. I also thought Hicks and Darnell had good games and let the game flow, one or two soft calls mainly by Hicks but there you go. Begs the question why can't they be like that more often!!

Mazzoak

Simms cut a lonely figure watching up on the gantry last night - he'd already been ignored by the Steelers players when he was hovering around their bench. He's got front coming to the IAW. Disgusting that the guy is still attached to that Club, can't see what useful role he fulfills....but then the culture there seems so toxic and lacking in moral compass to an outsider.

Whoever wrote the article for the Sheffield regional newspaper last week entitled 'Steelers with one foot in the Cup Final' is looking a bit daft today.
Have to say l kinda feel a little (tiny amount, teeny tiny bit) sorry for Sheffield’s Fans. That epic performance by us must be hard to take, they must be furious.

ASHIPP

Have to say l kinda feel a little (tiny amount, teeny tiny bit) sorry for Sheffield’s Fans. That epic performance by us must be hard to take, they must be furious.
Unfortunately I doubt too many of them felt sorry for Devils' fans with the result in the first leg of the semi final in Sheffield last week.

Last edited:

Wagstaff

This result depicts a true tale of two cities.... both called Cardiff.
Cardiff past, almost a revolution in the stands and it was painful to stand on the sidelines and watch the hope being crushed out of the fans by an ownership that became despised.
Cardiff present, once again the stands erupt but this time full of pride for a team that reflects their passion with their hopes being built upon by an ownership that is already engrained into their hearts
But of course there could always be the third city?
Cardiff future............ as a Blaze fan I can only congratulate you all, owners - team - fans
Oh......and fear the third city!
Well done one and all

wildthing74

Well well it's taken me 24 hours to calm down and reflect on for me one of the greatest nights in our long history.I genuinely couldn't breathe after those 3 early final period goals and struggled to take in the magnitude of what we were in the process of doing.FOUR goals down to our hated rivals yet a sold out home section still came out on a Wednesday night and to a man/woman backed the team and believed from face off.Paul set the tone and you just had a sense we could do it.

I won't pretend otherwise I feared it was 1 goal too many ti chase but like many others I was posting about believing in us and we could do it and the whole fanbase seemed to have faith.How many teams would get that kind of backing when to most outside of our city it looked like the tie was dead?

Obvious comparisons have been made to bbt in terms of noise and atmosphere but I genuinely think that beat anything next door when you consider a lot of noise was made by banging the wooden floors.This was pure unadulterated passion and I couldn't hear my friends when them goals were flying in.WNIR for me will always be hard to match as we had so many nights there where my hairs were standing up it was so loud but last night rivals anything we have had in years.

It's been a huge few days for our club coming off the Belfast weekend and what impressed me most was even though we were all partying and celebrating a great 3 point weekend on Saturday night the team were already focused on Wednesday.They came out for a quick thank you to the fans and as I was about to leave to get some fresh air one of the senior guys said to me "John we are doing it on Wednesday,it's on make sure you guys are loud"That for me shows how professional we are that even though it was almost perfect job done for that weekend it was already gone and Sheffield was the only thing that mattered.

Huge weekend coming up especially with rivals playing so let's hope we can regain that focus again and be prepared for MK & Panthers.February is a huge month and more important than ghe CC Final.It is so exciting to be in these situations every season it's like a dream.

I will never tire of beating the orange and to destroy them like that in such a key game is as sweet as it gets.Thanks boys for yet another night and performance we will talk about for years to come.

Please tell me that I wasn't the only who felt that this was actually possible. Not hindsight but a genuine feeling pre-game that this was always achievable. What does that say about how good this team is