Devils v Steelers - 11/12 @ 18:00 - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

IceTime will be running a webcast for this game with all the details to be found @ http://www.icetime.tv :)

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' and unique Match Night Live service for this game as always expect some name calling, slurs and more bad jokes, all this at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #3
With Hicks reffing it could make it harder, but if we need to win one of the games this weekend I really think it has to be this one what with Steelers being our nearest rivals...

Although it would be quite nice to get all 4 points :)

Ocko

Bar one game away at Sheffield I don't think we've put in a good performance against Sheffield or Nottingham this year, despite winning. Hopefully we are due a good performance, no bigger incentive as we could potentially have a massive lead after the weekend.

voth26

It would be a massive 2 points for us and even more so if we took 4 points out of this game and next weeks for sure it would widen the gap points wise, and put some pressure on the Steelers with regards to their games in hand, but let's focus on this weekend one game at a time. So Red Army are we ready to do our bit and be loud and proud to support OUR team

Russky

The Devils have a massive point to prove tonight. That itself should be motivation enough. I back us to come out all guns blazing as the saying goes. We have a chance, I am NOT at the IAW to watch the game!!!!! Thank goodness I hear you all cry given my recent effect of attending Devils games :(:oops:

Electro

With the recent results, this game is going to be much tougher for the Devils than last night. Unless those hockey gods shine down on us.

Using luck and gods is about all we got at the moment. Sure as shit cannot rely on the players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

terry hunt

Tonight should tell us what character our players have.Sheffield coming off a loss last night and the last game at Cardiff when they lost despite being the better team.
I suspect they smelt blood when they saw last night's scoreline. With 2 games against us this week now is the time for them to cut our lead at the top.
What am i talking about our lads will be fired up tonight and will play 3 periods of intensive hockey putting those Steelers in their place.

matbur

Tonight's wish list:

Strong first period
Hard hitting and assertive from opening face-off
Bowns more settled
D to clear up in front of Bowns
Bordy to be allowed to step up and stop us getting bullied
Crash their net
Want us to win obviously, but if not let's at least make them work for it.

ASHIPP

This will be a true test of mental strength tonight - how the team copes and responds to the bitter disappointment of last night.

The Devils were truly shellshocked by outstanding coaching and play from the Panthers last night. Our guys let it get in their heads leading to some bizarre decisions, and a massive drop in spirit.

They may lose this game too. Think we can all accept losing to a better team on the night. What is hard to stomach is lack of heart and drop in effort. That should never stop even if all hope of winning has gone.

Hoping for strong leadership, hard work and confidence in spade loads and plenty of aggression. This is what defines the Cardiff Devils.

kettdevil1

Cant see anything other than a steelers win!! If You think Nottingham are a fast skilled team then watch these players tonight.
5-2 steelers
Interesting view. Personally I don't think Nottingham are a fast, skilled team, I view them as hard working, very well coached but essentially limited (despite their performance yesterday) and having seen us boss Sheffield in their own barn this season, I think that if we play to our potential we should have a good chance tonight.

E.D.S.

Hard fought win. The Steelers were bound to score on that OT power play, weren't they?!!! Two points will do and hopefully the drubbing last night will be the driver this team needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

osh

Well, I was very critical of our performance last night, and what a turnaround tonight ! The guys played with passion and energy against a very good, fast moving Steelers side. The result could have gone either way and Thommo must be raging that they didn't take advantage of their 4 on 3 power play in overtime. Fair play to Batchy for going with Desbien, and it was clear to see that Fitzgerald did not want to go with Bordeleau when asked. A 2 point weekend for us and a 1 point weekend for Steelers. All to do again next weekend ! Nice penalty by Asselin to wrap the game up and send us home happy. Where was Bentiveglio tonight, I'm assuming injured along with Culligan ?

Slartibartfast

If last night was everything that was bad about the Devils, tonight was everything that was good. The Steelers are without doubt the best team we will play this season. Great coaching, great fitness, enormous skill and speed.
But we played a mostly solid game. Slick on target passing, first to the puck, good forechecking, relentless back checking, clearing the rebounds in front of net. No so many turn overs and when there were, someone was quarterbacking to pick it up or Bownsy showed what he is truly made of.
Plenty of hitting, Bordeleau psyched Fitzgerald out of the game by offering him to fight. This was much more like the Devils hockey we know and love.
Special mention to Batch for the fight and for saving the goal that wasn't. (Cant wait to hear Thommos reaction. ). Also to Asselin who is possibly the best recruiting decision the Devils ever made. And finally a mention for Joey Haddad who may not score a lot of goals but is the best puck retainer in the league.

Russky

In the words of the old song ' what a difference a day makes' . The boys were sure fired up tonight and got the result they deserved and extended their lead over Sheffield to 12 points. great result.