Devils v Panthers - Sun 6:00 - 17/01 - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl for anyone not able to make the victory ;)

Hopefully Devils can pick up the win and continue their impressive home record.

Don't think either team is without anyone through injury?

Chris.

Gazza272

Think Bergin is the only player for the Panthers out long term, but of course the Panthers will still be full strength roster wise due to them carrying the imports.

ASHIPP

Panthers are another team who constantly fight back to win their games - like against Hull last weekend. But then so did the Devils! Another exciting match coming up - any bets on centre stage action? Ryan Finnerty and Bruce Richardson perhaps? :lol:

Every match is huge this year and I think we need this one otherwise the top 3 could be out of sight.

Bare in mind the h2h this year...

At Cardiff, 2-1 in Panthers favour. (The only team we have a negative h2h with at home).
At Nottingham, 3-0 in Panthers favour.

Apart from the 6-2 thrashing we've struggled against this lot. Also if we make it to the CC final, it's likley to be the Panthers. So we need to come out and send a message to these guys, and take the two points on our own ice.

Ger-Devils

I was at our 6-5 loss up there. Awful game in general and not sure how we managed to score 5 really. Have to be in their faces from that first faceoff! Few hits, push them back and go from there

Finny

If we want to win, then we have to do exactly the same as we did against Belfast. Hit them hard from the first whistle and hit them all over the ice.

Like Belfast, they don't like being hit and will start to get annoyed and lose their indiscipline, and we then need to hope whoever the referee is that he doesn't let them get away with it and call it.

James

Administrator
Thompson is the ref tomorrow. One of the nice things they are doing on the new Elite site is publishing the officials in advance. Credit where its due :)

A

Anonymous

Ill be attending this one and I must say I cant wait. It is only my third ever game mind you! Expecting a very tough game indeed against a very good side, but were a good side too and can and have beat the best at the tent. Its obvious that we need to carry on defending well as we have in the past 2 home games as going forward we will always score goals. Im yet to see the Devils lose and may this long continue !! :p

Wannabe2

Finny said:
If we want to win, then we have to do exactly the same as we did against Belfast. Hit them hard from the first whistle and hit them all over the ice.

Like Belfast, they don't like being hit and will start to get annoyed and lose their indiscipline, and we then need to hope whoever the referee is that he doesn't let them get away with it and call it.
This is exactly what we have to do, when we start like this, the crowd gets into it big time, and thats our extra man. If we pansy about against the Panthers, they will get into there stride. Vother to knock Damour about, Finny to give Richardson what for,Maxi to show why he is the best checker in the league, and the others to hit hit and get the team rocking. We can win this game,but we have to play the right game against a very good team. The Blaze were blown away, the Giants were knocked about, and thats our game, come on lads only one game this weekend lets make it a good un.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Plus with nog ame tonight there is no reason we cannot come out hitting and have the energy to do that the whole game.
A win tomorrow will consolidate our winning streak and hopefully give us enough confidence to go into next wkend and take 4 points a home AND away win.

Koop11

Tough game tomorrow. Nottingham are a bit of a bogie team this year and I think have the best record against us of any team in the league when playing at our rink.

I agree that we need to do exactly what we did last week against Belfast. Hit them early and have them on the back foot from the start. No game tonight so we should be fresh. No reason not to come out banging.

If romfo ice's tonight who do we think will be benched? I'm guessing G will bench himself as its the most logical thing to do. Its going to be a tough match tonight but if the devils play like we know they can then theres no doubt we can win.

James

Administrator
nmase20 said:
If romfo ice's tonight who do we think will be benched? I'm guessing G will bench himself as its the most logical thing to do. Its going to be a tough match tonight but if the devils play like we know they can then theres no doubt we can win.
It certainly seems like G will bench himself tonight too. Would make sense for him to watch the team before wednesdays big game as well.