Devils v Panthers - 9th January 2016 - 19:00 - Chat/Updates

Wannabe2

Re: Devils v Panthers - 9th January 2016 - 19:00 - Chat/Upda

Just want to say this about tonight's game.
LETS GO DEVILS, LETS GO.

gdf

Marty said:
Chris said:
Something something important game, return to form blah blah

Webcast available at http://www.icetime.tv and it's rather good, so if you're not going have a look :E
Regarding the webcast, I read on the ice time webpage that it's not recommended for the iPad? As my laptop is knackered can anyone say if it's worth me buying it to watch on the iPad or doesn't it work?
Whenever I get the webcast I watch it via an iPad mirrored to the telly with an Apple TV and haven't had any issues.

rolf

I don't care how crap of a player Janssen is, we should have Tyson do the pre-match team talk tonight. How long has he been laid up since he took that beating that some on here think is ok? I don't. I want Hendrikx, Batch and that Leigh Salters look a like fully fired up to make him hurt and hurt bad. We are Cardiff Devils ffs and our captain still cannot last a full ice hockey game yet..........I think the bell that he answered at the NIC is still ringing in his head even now and ringing bloody loud too.

Sliput

Totally disagree !!

Some Devils fans want Salters etc.....to go out and hurt Janssen and are using the fact the he hurt Tyson as the reason. Can people not see how hypocritical that is !!! I dislike Janssen for what he did to Tyson so if one of our guys did the same I would be incredibly disappointed in them. Tyson completed a bad, unnecessary check on Moran, he was made to pay for that check. Janssen went too far but sh!t happens during a fight.

For people who are saying that none of our guys stepped up at the time , has anyone thought that maybe before the game Tyson , as captain, told the guys that he knew it was coming and that for the rest of the team to stay out of it and to concentrate on getting a result ??

jimmy snels

Answered the bell at the time. But as he won the resulting fight he had to answer it again from an NHL enforcer? What part of the code is that? The one that says you have to keep fighting until you get ko'd? Don't be soft. We were weak letting him take that fight i don't care what anyone says.

backrow

What a great game with a great atmosphere! The Devils played hard all night and were led by Salters 2 goals tonight but I really thought the Lord, Haddad and Culligan line had a very strong game despite not scoring. However, every player in the lineup should feel very good about tonight's effort.
Hopefully, this type of overall team effort carries over from here on!

jimmy snels

Hard intense hockey. Salters my mom easily. Bowns was good again.
Hogarth did well tonight from a letting it flow point of view. Could have called lots of pens but only called what he absolutely had to. Ling incident not his fault was with the play. If on camera im sure ling will get a ban. Looked to me like he sticked lord in face by bench.

Finny said:
James said:
According to Elite Prospects this will be Mark Richardsons 454th game for the Devils which puts him level with Franny as third most appearances for the Devils (Although I think Stone played more than 772 for us so their records might not be straight)
EliteProspects don't have stats for all the different competitions, especially pre-EIHL.

According to my stats Saturday will be Richardson's 516th game for us and is currently 8th on the all time list.

Stoney is 1st with 1167 and Franny is 2nd with 679.

Finny,
Any chance you can email the stats so i can have a look and see if i need to update the profiles of those guys on EP? Thanks

Wannabe2

Now that's what I call a Devils team, every player answered the bell tonight, every player was a pure joy to watch, we played for 60 mins tonight, and a very good Panthers team were big time second best . A very very big crowd went home ecstatic tonight, and that's because this team lit up everyone's heart,, outside it was raining inside the sun was shining on every Devils fan and the warmth was a pure joy. Tonight we witnessed what this team is really capable of and boy was that Good to watch or what. Fournier is real class, what a great signing, thank you guys for a fantastic Saturday's entertainment. Don't you just love this team when they play like that, a faultless performance by our great club. Tonight for me really showed why we are top of the league, believe in yourself guys because when you play like that you put the fear of God into the opposition. Finally what were those two hits from Hendrikx and Salters like.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

august04

Great performance by the Devils and a thoroughly deserved win. I've criticised Salters when he looks disinterested but tonight he was unstoppable at times. If he played like that every week, he'd be one of the league MVP's. Nice to see him put Janssen on his backside too. I thought every player worked hard, played physical and with an intensity that has been missing of late. Looking forward to seeing a replay of the Ling incident, which looked bad at the time. If warranted I hope the Devils request a review. Panthers would be up in arms if Marsh had done that. I wonder if we'll react in the same way next game?!

Mooney#16

Echo that. Great entertainment tonight. Tip of the hat to all the fans for that anthem to start. Really set a passionate tone.

Great game of hockey. Devils and Panthers matched up quite well for skill but Devils simply out worked and out husstled Panthers to earn their opportunities. Set the tone physically and very impressive fore checking.

Salters played great as did Hervato and Haddad who showed real fitness and determination in the amount of ice they covered. Kurka was bang up for it as well and in a high talent game still showed he can be a cut above.

Lordo though. If ever a coach deserved it more I've never seen it. He's got the yips with his shooting but to lay down and eat those two point shots like he did. Absolute beast.

As for Ling it was dirty. Cross checked him straight into the turn buckle but I would say Lordo got away with a pretty dirty one himself earlier in game so that's going to have to be a score draw.

I think Fournier was such a good signing, he's class and I was really impressed with him, pretty much just what we needed. Salters would have been my MOM too, he played great. Overall I'm really pleased with the game and I think we deserved the points that we got :D

Hope the Salters haters pipe down now, was an absolute force driving the net and his finish was sublime. Oh and that hit on Janssen was a belter.

Loved the anthem, loved the game, loved the noise and loved the new guy, who looks very calm, collected, and really good.

august04

Ben said:
Hope the Salters haters pipe down now, was an absolute force driving the net and his finish was sublime. Oh and that hit on Janssen was a belter.
When he puts the effort in, he will get praised accordingly. The criticism has been justified by and large. As I said, he played great tonight.

Great game and great result. Keep it up. Also, the webcast was superb and worked 99% perfectly on the iPad. Money well spent.

Good game tonight and a good win, anthem was great but the bit I loved the most at the beginning was the whole devils team skating up to the blue line together, I thought the sound coming back on actually killed the atmosphere that had built up and it took a while to build again.

Fournier looks a very good signing, very good, fast skater and fitted in straight away.

There's absolutely no reason why the team can't play like that every week, time to start turning the screw now, we're getting to the final straight for the season so let's start putting team to the sword, we've got the team to do it so let's do it!

DevilDom

Best display of the season without a doubt against a very good panthers team.

The work-rate, forechecking and back checking by the whole team was immense and we limited the panthers to only brief periods of pressure. Every single player on the team worked their socks off but none more than the Lord. An absolutely huge performance from him only just pipped by Salters who was also huge. The check on Janssen being the highlight for me. An all round awesome display.

voth26

Great game great atmosphere, there's no better place to be than the BBT when the red army is loud and proud. The team worked their nuts off tonight and fully deserved the win, the panthers played their part to be fair but once we scored the second goal they seemed to drop their heads. Thought Hogarth had a fairly good game, can't believe I just said that lol not sure if he finally realised how to ref a game or if he was afraid to call anything in case he Ballsed it up lol. Salters was unplayable tonight and the guys gave 110% for each other, we did ride our luck a bit but it was about time we had some Bownsy as usual was solid all night especially when Hendo lost it on the blue line, big save from Ben. A very good 2 points tonight now let's do the same tomorrow

I really liked the whole team skating to the blue line together, kind of like a hockey haka lol, fournier looks to be a good pick up he skates well and has a decent first pass, with a few games under his belt I think we will see more of this young guy and what he has to offer

DevilDom said:
The check on Janssen being the highlight for me.
It's a coin flip between that and the Panther players skating into each other to give us that goal!

Great game and hopefully we play like this next weekend!