Devils v Lightning - Sun 25 Mar 2018 - League - FO 6pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

Hedd Wyn John

Great to hear Lordo is icing tonight, also a big contingent of MK fans have turned up which is nice to see. The Elite League popularity is growing!

E.D.S.

I’ve seen some things in my time.... from the Murrayfield Wembley Play Off win, the Stringer penalty shot to the Sheffield Challenge Cup come back but that Lord goal will live long in the memory.
What a way to end it all and what a phenomenal example of the Devils spirit and attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

august04

One thing is very clear, Andrew Lord can still easily play at this level and could still for many more years. He’s almost a victim of his own coaching success and the club`s progression. I for one, hope he keeps himself fit - you never know, we may see him again on the ice. If not, what a way to go out!

jimmy snels

enjoyed the game tonight. in no particular order:

* MK fans were fantastic.
* rutkis worked his tail off and grew as the game went on
* im so so happy Lord played tonight and if that is his last game he certainly didnt look like a man tailing off. he still looks every inch a devil and the type of player a devils team really needs.
* murdy looked good in nets
* paris in last few games has undoubtedly stepped up his game
* good to not see that plank darnell
* the conger made me laugh
* bought my season ticket for next year tonight, very easy as always with Katrina in charge but... dropped the quarter final ticket somewhere though so will be begging for a reprint tomo

ASHIPP

Andrew Lord is a walking advert for our Club. If any player on the roster or any potential new player needed a demonstration of what is required to be part of the Devils' organisation......
Lord is the embodiment of those values and qualities. He lives and breathes them. That last goal was so appropriate (and well taken!) - the fact that he was the scorer, and a fitting final moment to the end of the league season.

Hope Lordo leads the charge as Cardiff Devils Head Coach for a very, very long time.

Last edited:
Great for Lord to get the final goal, if anything I'm almost gutted by his success as a coach if that means he's hanging them up, certainly showed tonight even after all his time on the bench that he's still got it.

I was surprised by the game tonight, I was expecting nothing more that a testimonial style game, good to have one like that though leading into next week now

Kevlar68

Great game, brilliant atmosphere, lord with final goal....perfect finish.

At the line ups I thought MK had left half the players in dressing room it was that short but what a game they gave, credit to them as a team