Devils v Giants - Sat 24 Mar 2018 - League - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

LETS GET BACK TO WINNING WAYS

The Play-Offs are up next

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night we will he happy to hear from you at matchnightlive@gmail.com

IceTime will be running a webcast for this game with all the details to be found @ http://www.icetime.tv :)

Rob Batch

I reckon the Panthers have a roster that could win the POs, so we will have to be 'clever' in what We do in preparation to give ourselves the edge.

This game so far is boring!!! No hits or atmosphere. Typical when you bring a few newbies. I do appreciate that we have playoffs coming up but show some passion for the paying fans at least!

OJLloyd

Disappointed in how poor the Giants have been.

The two things they’ve done of note (apart from scoring as I’m writing this) is get themselves two penalties for checking from behind.

They’ve been that poor that we haven’t even felt the need to respond to the hits.

august04

A much better effort from the Devils tonight, even though the Giant were very poor.
For me, that was our strongest line-up and I hope we use the same personnel as we move into the play offs.

Wannabe2

Keefe was freaking out on the bench, he was doing his nut wondering why his team were being destroyed by the best team in the league. If our team sent out one message tonight to us fans, then it was this. Never underestimate this team, never underestimate this coach, and never underestimate this club. When we are on song we really are the Mutts Nutts, well played lads we are back on track. When we play like we can, ,the rest, are just that the rest,
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

Keefe was freaking out on the bench, he was doing his nut wondering why his team were being destroyed by the best team in the league. If our team sent out one message tonight to us fans, then it was this. Never underestimate this team, never underestimate this coach, and never underestimate this club. When we are on song we really are the Mutts Nutts, well played lads we are back on track. When we play like we can, ,the rest, are just that the rest,
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS
When we play a full team I agree with you

davew

Normal service resumed, now that was an emphatic win!

By my reckoning that is our largest winning score against the giants, beating the 7-1 score on the 9th Sep 2007 in the Challenge Cup and therefore our biggest league victory since the Giants joined the ISL !!

Pondlife

Largely a one sided game against a depleted Giants team. Auction was a laugh with Strachan's shirt going for £900. Lord icing tomorrow. :)

ASHIPP

The Big Red Machine is cranking up again - normal service resumed. Devils suffocated the Giants tonight by relentless forechecking, winning every battle in the dirty areas, warrior-level defending and sky high confidence to launch attack after attack.

What a treat to see goals scored in every kind of way - SHG, an unassisted goal, pp goals and even strength. This is on a different level to putting 8 past the Capitals.

The return of key players saw the Devils play with confidence and relentless determination. Systems really worked tonight.

Giants beat themselves with their indiscipline. Still think they are a very good team but they might be facing tough opposition in the playoff first round that they would want to avoid.

James

Administrator
Not sure we got a SHG tonight, I’ll admit I did lose track though. Most of the goals seemed to be high on the blocker side where he’s clearly weak. Giants were without Rutherford and vandermeer, were they missing any more?