Devils v Flames

E.D.S.

Our cup form has been average, our league form has been as good/better than any other team in the league.

(1.5ppg in the league, tied with Belfast, above every other team).

Nothing to worry about just yet, anywhere.
Yes. Don’t disagree. I’ve never normally reacted this way as it’s always been the same at this stage of the year. People calling players out and concerns about where the team will finish but I’ve got to be honest and say that this team feels like they have further to go than any other team in previous years to get up to speed. Not saying it can’t be done but it appears to be a big ask at this stage. Not being able to put sides like Nottingham away with ease - who are woeful - concerns me but let’s wait and see

Temme

Probably too honest for the game against the Flames.
Hogarth was a big influence on the Devils discipline and the result.
I tend to disagree. The referee is only an influence if the team does not respond accordingly. The fault of this lies on the coach and team, and not an obviously incompetent referee.

We had 7 penalties assessed on us Sunday, Guildford had 6.

If you consider 2 of our penalties - one is Lord screaming at a referee (idiotic), the other is Fournier cross checking a guy on the ground to get a double minor (even more idiotic), the balance of PP/PK time was even for both teams.

Also, we had a better PP% than them, and a better pk% on the night.

Therein is everything that a referee is able to influence in the game of hockey.

Any other impact of the referee is purely based on how the team emotionally reacts to it, opposing team meltdowns at the Viola are almost every game.

“Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.” - Charles R Swindoll

I may be on my own here, but I can't see that the referees called the game biased to either team, rather poorly overall for both.

Kevlar68

Well at moment Giants losing, steelers in a draw and clan losing 7-1, very open season this year.

All results are good for us at the moment as long as we win ours with our games in hand..

Diablo3

So for those that were wondering if we were ever going show our physical side, I think the guys answered it this weekend. Riley with a 5 + 2 + 10. Accounted for himself well apparently

kettdevil1

Wouldn’t like to call this one. VERY good game with a truckload of niggle. Officials are being very kind to us but so far we haven’t made it count. First goal wins it?

Wannabe2

Thread starter #36
We are going to choke unfortunately, we have a great oppurtunity to take the lead and our great team blew it. How lousy is that.

august04

I’m not at the game so I don’t know if we played well or not, but losing in Guildford doesn’t mean we choked. They are a good team and very difficult to beat on their home ice. I’ll wait for reports from those who were there before being too critical.

ASHIPP

This season is bonkers so many unpredictable results. Its the team that is most consistent that will win the league.

Only Panthers and Flames won both their games this weekend.

Devils played a good team with a solid home record tonight. It was a tight game for 48 minutes. Last night demonstrated early signs of a return to the effective style they were playing at the start of the season. Devils need to build confidence and consistency from this.