Devils v Flames

Gough60

next 3 games are CC. Even if we finish bottom we still can go through by playing and beating the bottom team in the other 3 team group. More chance of getting injuries. This should be a prestigious trophy to win but seems to have become a matter of fact piece of silverware to have. Just my thoughts.

doron

id have to agree on cc games not being a very interesting format.
i would love to see the day when theres 16 teams in the elite league, and a promotion-relegation from nihl.
and a version of the fa cup. in ice hockey. also clubs in Swansea Wrexham, Anglesey, and Newport. all with ice hockey teams. the world. would be a happy place.

Devilsatw

Lose both games I’m guessing.
Murphy starts both games and let batch rutkis etc play as much as they can.

Players needed to be rested so now is a good time to do that

Diablo3

Have to agree the current format of the CC is poor, loads of meaningless games. Something needs to be done, why not get the nihl teams involved in some preliminary rounds, ala FA cup and get rid of the groups. Might add some spice.

The_Puck

I actually thought we played very well. Despite some penalty trouble and some poor zonal marking, we played a decent game. I said this would happen though, if we play a physical game then we get penalty trouble, it happens all the time. And that’s because of how the game is changing and how the referees want to call every infringement now.

doron

i would have to disagree. Belfast play a physical game. and the refereeing on a hole is ok on the games iv seen. i would go as far as saying most other teams are more physical than we. and yes you can win without it. but belfast are a lot more interesting to watch than cardiff at the moment .sorry but its true.

moggy#9

I actually thought we played very well. Despite some penalty trouble and some poor zonal marking, we played a decent game. I said this would happen though, if we play a physical game then we get penalty trouble, it happens all the time. And that’s because of how the game is changing and how the referees want to call every infringement now.
I felt that the referees were quite inconsistent. Jardine's elbow was retaliation for a hook or hold that didn't get called. There were a few other bits that I think frustrated the team. All credit to flames their system worked against us on the PK much of the time. What worries though is that we don't seem to vary things when teams have a game plan to frustrate us. Langlet seemed to have an off game, but mcmonagle deserved his mom, best performance I've seen from him.

voth26

i would have to disagree. Belfast play a physical game. and the refereeing on a hole is ok on the games iv seen. i would go as far as saying most other teams are more physical than we. and yes you can win without it. but belfast are a lot more interesting to watch than cardiff at the moment .sorry but its true.
That's because they don't have that idiot hogarth reffing them on a regular basis, he's becoming another Darnell. Both hogarth and the other ref (number 20) refused to make calls tonight and let Guildford get away with blatant infringements. The 4 minute call on Fourier was a total farce given the flames player was punching crap out of fournier, Linglet had his stick blatantly held by flames player right in front of ref number 20 stopping Linglet getting to the puck and absolutely nothing called. In OT if either ref especially hogarth had a set of balls and made the calls they should have then flames would have been continually on the pk. The smug look on his face every time he calls a penalty on us makes me want to smack him in the mouth to be honest!!

JC23

That's because they don't have that idiot hogarth reffing them on a regular basis, he's becoming another Darnell. Both hogarth and the other ref (number 20) refused to make calls tonight and let Guildford get away with blatant infringements. The 4 minute call on Fourier was a total farce given the flames player was punching crap out of fournier, Linglet had his stick blatantly held by flames player right in front of ref number 20 stopping Linglet getting to the puck and absolutely nothing called. In OT if either ref especially hogarth had a set of balls and made the calls they should have then flames would have been continually on the pk. The smug look on his face every time he calls a penalty on us makes me want to smack him in the mouth to be honest!!
The other ref was #40.

E.D.S.

We didn’t lose this game tonight because of the ref. We actually played pretty well. Guildford took their chances and played a smart road game. We’re Just not at the races today. We haven’t been for a while now in my opinion. I still don’t think we have the personnel to challenge this year.

Temme

We didn’t lose this game tonight because of the ref. We actually played pretty well. Guildford took their chances and played a smart road game. We’re Just not at the races today. We haven’t been for a while now in my opinion. I still don’t think we have the personnel to challenge this year.
Our cup form has been average, our league form has been as good/better than any other team in the league.

(1.5ppg in the league, tied with Belfast, above every other team).

Nothing to worry about just yet, anywhere.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #20
Our cup form has been average, our league form has been as good/better than any other team in the league.

(1.5ppg in the league, tied with Belfast, above every other team).

Nothing to worry about just yet, anywhere.
Totally agree, the next month I think will give us a better view of where we are. Chemistry is the key now, get that flowing and let the gelling begin.