Devils v Fife

ASHIPP

Doesn't have to be a big win... hard work and complete 60 minute focus hopefully gets the points. Just need good consistency. Early days and everything really close points wise in the league. A better picture will emerge nearer Christmas when most teams will have played a similar number of games.

Those games in hand have to count, especially playing Steelers and Giants at home before Christmas. Getting points on the road is very hard...

moggy#9

The camera work is poor tonight. Davies having a good game.
It's consistently bad on every match they cover. Tonight they've added an inaccurate game clock to the mix too. Is it honestly asking too much for them to get the basics right? While they're at it they could add some info on the line ups at the start of the game and give some in game stats.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #27
It’s a Mickey Mouse outfit that covers the games, the top guys are busy covering football, rugby, etc and pay for the best. There’s no money to be made covering the hockey so in the end you get what you pay for, it’s unfortunate but very true. Also if you have a poor Director then forget it, as that’s like having a poor conductor leading a orchestra.

moggy#9

Well this weekend should put to rest any question of the value of having two import goalies. In the bownsy days, if he'd been missing, like carruth was, that would have been 4 points lost.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #31
Well played lads, 2 games 4 points can’t ask for anymore than that, think we now go up to 3rd and looking pretty good.

Diablo3

Can't argue with a 4 point weekend, but that last period was a bit squeaky bum time. Well done Devils and loved the singing of our anthem at both venues by the red army.

ASHIPP

Very difficult getting points on the road. Winning ugly is part of the journey... and good preparation for what is a massive test coming up in the December schedule.

Well done Devils.

Slartibartfast

Tough game but they did what they needed for the win. Kozun was outstanding and I thought Dupont looked much better. He seemed to work harder in this game which is what I think has been lacking. He is clearly is an experienced hockey player, he just needs to get his hunger back and tonight I thought he did.
4 points. Onwards and upwards.
Meanwhile Steelers continental cup journey is in the hands of the hockey gods.

jenks33

Very happy with a 4 point weekend and also very happy with 4 out of 6 periods. As Skalde alluded to in his post match interview though there’s work to be done at closing games out. To be honest I thought we were a bit all over the place in the 3rd period in both games. Particularly tonight I thought we fell apart a bit and god knows how it took Fife so long to score their second. Kozun was vital in that third period. It was refreshing to hear Skalde mentioning this though and I’m sure it’s something we’ll be looking at this week.

Plenty of positives as well tho. As I said I was happy with 4 periods this weekend. Crandall is starting to look like a very good player now after arguably a slow-ish start. A couple of outstanding passes again tonight.

tim78

It's interesting contrast from Lord's passion to Skalde calm collective approach in the interviews.

Looking forward to a roller coaster weekend... Hopefully were not in the queue for the ferris wheel.