Devils v Capitals - Sat 10 Mar 2018 - League - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

LETS GRAB THOSE 2 POINTS AND MOVE CLOSER TO THE TITLE

With another another SELL OUT - its amazing how things have changed in last 2 years

Those of you at the game give your voice a rest all week so that you can shout the DEVILS over that finish line.

If for whatever reason you cannot make to ICE ARENA WALES join us at MNL for our unique 'ridiculously childish' and 'disgustingly biased' game coverage at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If anyone has succeeded in locating that new WiFi signal please send us updates to matchnightlive@gmail.com along with score predictions and printable comments.

IceTime will be running a webcast for this game with all the details to be found @ http://www.icetime.tv :)

Foxy

Can we change the spelling in the heading please....... not being horrible but you know how little things irritate you lol

ASHIPP

Let's hope that all our players who have had reduced icetime recently start getting the shifts they deserve, including young Toms Rutkis.

Otherwise, what is the point in having decent players on the bench when the whole roster needs to be firing and effective, ready for every game including (hopefully) POW. You can bet Steelers, Giants and Storm will be doing this.

Although surely Bownsey is certain to play a period or two tonight in readiness for tomorrow's crucial league/conference game against Steelers.

Last edited:

wildthing74

Totally agree time to start Murdy and make sure Rutkis gets a regular shift as well as guys like Batchy get more time.Lots of important hockey to play and Caps are again banged up. No game is a given and they proved it in Belfast recently but if these guys are not used Saturday I don't know when they will?

Hopefully see Louis back and a rest for one of our other D.

terry hunt

Totally agree time to start Murdy and make sure Rutkis gets a regular shift as well as guys like Batchy get more time.Lots of important hockey to play and Caps are again banged up. No game is a given and they proved it in Belfast recently but if these guys are not used Saturday I don't know when they will?

Hopefully see Louis back and a rest for one of our other D.
I hope this happens also.It must be a vote for Lordo and the Devils that despite all our moaning after last week the fans have responded.
I cant remember us having a near sell out for the Caps before

Wannabe2

Firstly I have a very soft spot for Edinburgh, the City is only rivalled by Cardiff in the UK, the fans are certainly second to no one, and I have many great memories of them v us, but it’s now gone beyond a joke. The Capitals organisation have really gone too far now, they have turned a proud club into a joke, and that hurts to say that, yes maybe it’s them or no one, but now no one is the better option. This thread isn’t about what it costs me, but I will state this, I have 4 season tickets with a average of £60 per game for my 4 seats, time this by 2 as we play these guys twice at home, that costs me £120 for 2 exhibition games, and that sucks. My heart most certainly goes out to the Capitals fans, we know only too well in Cardiff what a crap ownership brings to the table, how long can this league put up with Mickey Mouse owners dragging the league down. It’s been season after season now, I really don’t want to be too hard on a club, but the reality is that something needs to be done about this farcical situation.

august04

I’m hoping that was the last time I see an Edinburgh team at IAW until they can prove they have the ownership, funds etc to be worthy of a place in the EIHL. At the moment and for the past few years, they haven’t. Their organisation is an embarrassment to the Elite league and now enough is enough. That was a diabolical advert for the top league in this country. Devils didn’t get out of 2nd gear and could have put 20 past them I’m sure if they’d wanted to.

Jones72

Did the caps have any equipment behind the bench . no sign of stick equipment boy..unless the players were sharing the sticks between them .
No one other than players and the coach on the bench. He was dishing out the water bottles too. Suspect he will have been driving the bus as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pjj365

No one other than players and the coach on the bench. He was dishing out the water bottles too. Suspect he will have been driving the bus as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They didn't even have a coach on the bench Scott Neil is GM and, apparently still, Franchise Owner

Their long standing loyal servant Jock Hay (sic) was not there and, is anyway Assistant Coach - they have no listed Coach

Jones72

They didn't even have a coach on the bench Scott Neil is GM and, apparently still, Franchise Owner

Their long standing loyal servant Jock Hay (sic) was not there and, is anyway Assistant Coach - they have no listed Coach
Fair enough...but I'm assuming he was down as coach on the game sheet...could've been a bloke off the street, but don't you have to have a "coach"? I was tempted to offer my services to fill the water bottles for them.